Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090580 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8490 on: July 20, 2015, 10:01:23 am »

So does anyone know how tributaries work? I keep losing them in what I assume is the death of characters? The game never tells me though, which is very annoying. I recently started a holy war (as heretic Scotland) assuming I could easily win it since I have most of the isles as tributaries anyway. Turned out most them stopped paying tribute somehow and joined the defender ;_;

I tried looking around in the message settings, but didn't find anything regarding tributaries.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:12 am »

Yes, tributaries end on the death of your ruler or their ruler. They can revolt if you attack them of course...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: July 20, 2015, 10:10:02 am »

Would be nice of the game ever told me that in the CB screen. Can't even mark the characters as important since I'll be getting all kinds of spam from them :/

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: July 20, 2015, 10:12:36 am »

Have you tried being so incredibly beloved people still beg to be in your presence even after revoking all their titles and executing their entire family?

(thanks for reminding me that plot exists btw :P)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8494 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:04 am »

I don't think they end at the end of their ruler. Only at the end of yours.

One of the reasons you can't usurp from a character at war is to avoid someone loosing its last title in the middle of a war and dealing with the mess this create re: its vassals. Giving a titular title to anyone being usurped would solve this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8495 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:24 am »

Would be nice of the game ever told me that in the CB screen. Can't even mark the characters as important since I'll be getting all kinds of spam from them :/
Change your message settings then to eliminate the spam.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:12 am »

For some reason I can't do the 'revoke title' plots. Not sure why, but they're greyed out. It's not giving me a reason for it anywhere, just going 'Nah, you can't do it.'
same. I think it's a bug.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: July 20, 2015, 10:14:34 am »

I don't think they end at the end of their ruler. Only at the end of yours.
I'm not sure if that's true. Or at least, there must be other ways for them to become independent, since I've had a few tributaries become independent at times, but not always all of them.

Change your message settings then to eliminate the spam.
But I want to read all the spam from characters that I do think are important!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: July 20, 2015, 10:54:27 am »

Do you have a truce with them?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8499 on: July 20, 2015, 07:03:49 pm »

For those who didn't know, you can shift+leftclick on the X to remove messages to remove all messages of that type. Useful for when you're passing new laws or dealing with large amounts of prisoners.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8500 on: July 20, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

For those who didn't know, you can shift+leftclick on the X to remove messages to remove all messages of that type. Useful for when you're passing new laws or dealing with large amounts of prisoners.
andres for president 2016

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: July 20, 2015, 11:33:00 pm »

I'm now playing Aztec Kirghiz Nomads for great justice in 1066 start. Goal: preparing for sunset invasion and then wiping off Christianity from the map.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8502 on: July 21, 2015, 12:12:57 am »

Took me 30yrs to make a jewish mechant republic out of Pictland in Charlemagne start. Went from 60+ ducats yearly(no jewish pope) to 200 or so.
Unfortunately I gave my first son a coastal city for himself (to cement him being merchant republic government and go down to my limit) and then gave him a castle(it is the county cap but the priest there became the head of a Patrician house in the transition so I apparently didn't give him that). The dumbass switched to a regular republic at some point after that and now I'm getting the "titles lost on succession" pop-up and it is for everything.

I'm so happy I don't play ironman.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8503 on: July 21, 2015, 12:37:18 am »

I think it gives that titles lost -thingy if your heir is not leading the elections as your successor and is the head of an ordinary republic underneath the grand merchant republic.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: July 21, 2015, 01:42:07 am »

Do you have a truce with them?
Not all of them. Every plot is greyed out in spite of this, though.

You can only plot to revoke a county under certain circumstances. I believe they must be a direct vassal of yours, and have at least two county titles or be a count in a duchy you own (not sure what the requirements for revoking duchies is). However, the game is currently showing revoke plots for a lot (all?) of provinces under you, regardless of whether you are allowed to able to plot for their revocation or not. So the ones you can't actually revoke through plots are greyed out.

You'll have to Tyranny Revoke or trick the vassals into rebelling.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 1002