Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090482 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8505 on: July 21, 2015, 09:45:26 am »

For those who didn't know, you can shift+leftclick on the X to remove messages to remove all messages of that type. Useful for when you're passing new laws or dealing with large amounts of prisoners.
andres for president 2016
Thanks. :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: July 21, 2015, 12:35:57 pm »

So I've gotten the Demon Child event in the first lifetime of my new game, starting as the Byzantine Empire at the Old Gods start date.

Despite killing five siblings during her childhood the demon child did not kill me or the son of the heir to the throne (though he later died of syphilis), I am now 80, still winning holy wars against the Sunnis around Jerusalem, she is 38, married matrilinealy to the prince of France with two kids and hasn't done anything demony since she turned 16. She is next in line to the throne at the moment.

I fear my demon child may die before I do myself at this rate, I bumped my health up very high in ruler creator before starting with the aim of getting a good start of the empire of Rome for my heirs to use as a springboard, but now I can't seem to die and let the demon daughter take power.

I really, really want to Mend the Great Schism as her though, it'll be hilarious to restore the Pentarchy as the antichrist.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: July 21, 2015, 02:21:08 pm »

It works out best when you get to play that child...you get a handful of super stated courtiers that show up...along with your amazing stats

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: July 21, 2015, 02:36:42 pm »

It's not all good though. Everyone hates you including all your vassals so it's hard to get large vassal armies or control them.

I thought it was very fun to play as though. There are some very amusing events.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: July 21, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »

I am now 86, still kicking. Have conquered all five seats of the Pentarchy, though I cannot mend the schism for some reason. I don't think the pop up message for Rome has appeared yet, which is probably the reason since I have more than enough piety and religous authority is 100%.

If I can I'll mend the schism before I die and the demon daughter takes over, send this guy out as the greatest emperor who has ever lived in the history of the Empire, who was succeeded by the antichrist. :P

EDIT: Figured out why I couldn't mend the schism, one of Rome's baronies was under the control of the King of Italy. Snatched it from him and mended the schism. Now to play out my last few years adding to the Empire before I pass the crown to the antichrist.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:17:00 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: July 21, 2015, 02:51:19 pm »

Shame you aren't Catholic, pilgrimage to Rome as the antichrist is amazing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8511 on: July 21, 2015, 03:38:34 pm »

Spoiler: Miroslav Universalis (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: July 21, 2015, 03:43:03 pm »

How did Miami as a nation even form?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: July 21, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »

Probably one of the starting indian nations when exporting a Sunset Invasion game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8514 on: July 21, 2015, 04:01:28 pm »

Probably, there have been some other surprises in the Americas. One of the first great Miroslav-American wars was the war between the Merchant Republics of the Mayan Civilization and the West Indies Britislavs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: July 21, 2015, 04:21:44 pm »

The Aztecs somehow formed a cute trade republic out of Dublin.  It even lasted a decade or so before Britain finished them off.  The notification of the invasion being repulsed came *before* the trade republic was conquered, interestingly.  I guess because the Aztec Empire was gone.

Also I finally loaded up after the patch and my Roman Empire is... fine...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485752717

My prestige is negative and my prestige gain is "+-", but time to see if I can finish SPQR.  Basically everything is like my tech is infinite.  A friend was playing non-ironman islam and his save didn't experience this.

Ironically while away I was thinking about finding a mod to remove retinue limits.  Ideally while increasing costs.  It's frustrating having all the moneys with nothing much to spend them on (particularly in Abyssinia, for example, right next to Abbasids.)
Also I love the new information screen in the top left.  I don't remember if I was able to assign women commanders before, now I can because I'm Cathar.  I don't have the DLC but I love these interface improvements!  Like the govt type screen.

Next run probably won't be ironman, and might be as Gotland...  Remaining loyal to the king of Sweden.  I wonder if I can get him to form Scandinavia by conquering it for him.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8516 on: July 21, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »

Increase the value given by training grounds to a very high number, so much so that you'll go bankrupt before you reach retinue limit.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: July 21, 2015, 04:26:52 pm »

At long last, my emperor has passed away of a natural death at age 91, still looking as hale and hearty as he did when he was 50, still practicing his swordsmanship, still leading his armies, still enjoying the odd romp with the maids, still howling at the moon and seeing giant gophers.

He reunited the Orthodox and Catholic churches, brought fire and sword to the heathens, expanded the borders of a waning empire and brought the light of christ and the culture of Greece to thousands.

His land is now in the hands of his daughter, who was born under ill omens, who's childhood was fraught with misfortune, who has miraculously survived pestilence and plague, and who is despised by the clergy of the Pentarchy.

What awaits none can truly foresee. But I see Rome on the horizon, the Empire of Rome, lit by hellfire and led by demons.

I can't wait.  :D
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: July 21, 2015, 04:49:19 pm »

Don't get your hopes up. There are some very amusing events that happen but most of them take place as a kid.

It's mostly the same as any other ruler except everyone hates you, you have great stats, and three superwomen.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: July 21, 2015, 05:41:10 pm »

EVERYTHING HAS GONE WRONG!

THREE REBELLIONS AND AN INVASION!

I LOST THE LAST HOLY WAR AND HAVE NO MONEY TO HIRE THE VARANGIANS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

EVERYTHING HER FATHER BUILT IS BEING DESTROYED!

THE WITCHES DO NOOOOOTHING!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

As may be self evident, things are not going well right now.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1002