Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090200 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7065 on: January 28, 2015, 02:55:57 am »

One way would be to build a city, get the title to the county, grant the city to whoever you want to be lord mayor, and grant the county title to the new mayor. If you don't have both the city and county title but just the county title, you can also just grant the county title to the scrub mayor.

Basically, if the current mayor of a city gets the county title, the primary holding will switch. Same goes for making bishoprics. I don't think it will automatically switch if you have the county title and then build a city, but I haven't had that situation come up.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: January 28, 2015, 03:38:33 am »

As long as you're making a mayor, such as by clicking "create vassal" on the *city*, then yeah.  Giving the county to a literal baron will just make him a count.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:13 am »

My most recent conquest caught the attention of the Fatimid Caliphate, the second largest power in the world, just behind the HRE. They sent over 20000 troops into my lands with plenty more camping at the borders. After decades of continuous warfare with little time to recover, my own forces were worn down and I could barely muster a measly 5000 men. I sent assassins after the Caliph but that only resulted in his brother taking over and continuing the invasion as if nothing had happened. I finally accepted I couldn't win by brute force, so I tried guerrilla tactics. I would raise an army just long enough to distract the enemy from a siege, and then disband just in time to avoid the attack. As long as I held onto my lands, my warscore would keep going up. Eventually they caught on and stopped taking the bait. As a last ditch effort, I threw my armies at the besiegers in the hopes of distracting them for just a bit longer. Their sacrifices were not in vain. Mere moments before I would have lost a castle, and with it the war, I got the Caliph to agree to white peace. Unfortunately this will probably repeat itself every 10 years, for as long as I share a border with the Fatimids and present a tempting target.

If only they would break apart like the Seljuks. I still don't know how exactly that happened. Going through the family trees shows the new rulers apparently appearing out of thin air. If I could somehow engineer a similar fall for the Fatimids it would remove the largest threat to me and revitalize the rush of conquests which have been waning as the former Seljuks become more organized and entrenched. What causes these breakups of great Muslim powers and is there any way for me to influence it?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:11 am »

Decandence revolts. Not sure what you could do to influence them though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: January 28, 2015, 05:50:10 am »

At that point the blob may be so big that nothing can take it down aside from total dynasty wipe.

You know what to do.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: January 28, 2015, 06:13:01 am »

Actually, there just happens to be a sizable chunk of the Caliph's realm fighting a war for independence, and winning. I might be able to tie up some of his troops and allow them to seal the deal. It won't be a free for all clusterfuck like the Sejuk collapse, but it should weaken them significantly. Unfortunately the Fatimid dynasty is too bloated for me to assassinate them all, but that does give them a lot of decadence. Who knows, maybe losing a ton of their lands will push them over the edge.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: January 28, 2015, 06:21:23 am »

Like in real-life, all it takes to break an Empire is one bad ruler. I my game, a Persian family member with crappy diplomacy inherited the mostly Turkish Seljuk Empire. A whole bunch of vassals broke free upon inheritance, and they're currently fighting a massive independence revolt to boot. The Seljuk used to be the third-largest realm, they're now in 8th place, behind the Seljuk revolt.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: January 28, 2015, 06:30:02 am »

Speaking of lolmassive incursions... During the Glorious Holy War for Friuli, as the Fraticelli religion held by Italians became dominant finally allowing me to HW them, the Basileos decided it's a good time to declare a war over some bullshit city or a single reason, I don't even know what.

Suddenly I was up against 50k troops with about half of that available from levies, vassals and retinues with a war still going, though ending, in Italy.

Since I'm controlling The Statehood Formerly Known As Venice, plus I hold a good chunk of Germany, all of Bohemia and western Poland up to Lithuania, I had about 3k in spare gold, so I was able to supplement that with Mercs, and since Basileos ran out of dosh literally seconds after declaring on me, 3k of his mercs flipped.

Some doomstacks crashing into each other later, I got the warscore to +50ish, and since paying the mercs and retinue regen cost more than I would get by forcing ol' Basil to surrender, I offered him White Peace.

Aaaaaand it bit me in the ass a couple years later as, of course, that douche declares the exact same war again. Once again I beat him back, albeit with some losses, but as I get tardy with my Merc shots I catch a bad case of lolgettingcaptured after getting +50 warscore again and losing immediately.

The moral of the story being short and known to some: 'Kick the son of a bitch while he's down.'
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: January 28, 2015, 08:17:15 am »

Wat. Checked the tradezones map and there's... the Papacy...

The papacy has become a trade republic O.o
Doge Pope, best Pope. I imagine that, with the insane amounts of cash popes have, he must be building trading posts like crazy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: January 28, 2015, 08:33:44 am »

Doge Pope, best Pope. I imagine that, with the insane amounts of cash popes have, he must be building trading posts like crazy.
Clearly this is the beginning of an economic collapse as the Papacy sucks up every piece of gold in the universe.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: January 28, 2015, 08:50:36 am »

Clearly this is the beginning of an economic collapse as the Papacy sucks up every piece of gold in the universe.

This is the beginning of a glorious catholic revolution! Henceforth, the papacy will have the power to fund, man, and supply its own crusades!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: January 28, 2015, 08:58:36 am »

This is the beginning of a glorious catholic revolution! Henceforth, the papacy will have the power to fund, man, and supply its own crusadeslittle boys!
...you know they would.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:04 am »

This is the beginning of a glorious catholic revolution! Henceforth, the papacy will have the power to fund, man, and supply its own crusades!
I've actually seen the papacy solo a crusade for egypt. I still have the screenshot, too.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: January 28, 2015, 09:20:27 am »

I've actually seen the papacy solo a crusade for egypt. I still have the screenshot, too.

That shit is cray.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: January 28, 2015, 12:09:31 pm »

They actually have very few trade posts at present. Not sure why. Lack of male family members? The game treats them as a papacy AND trade republic at the same time for some reason.
Could we get a screenshot of the Pope's character screen?
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1002