Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090224 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7035 on: January 26, 2015, 03:46:20 pm »

I don't think there's any other real achievements left for me to get. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get The British Raj but that's basically the only major achievement left that I haven't gotten outside of the Charlemagne stuff.

Challenge Accepted!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: January 26, 2015, 03:46:31 pm »

The stupid patrician outfits were pretty jarring for me as well when I did a Scandinavia republic.

"My dear Jorgben, what a festive blouse for today's sacrificial hanging!"
"Quite, and I do admire that rather dashing plumage. Did you kill it yourself?"
Hey, just because you are killing a man doesn't mean you can't look good while at it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: January 26, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »

I think I found out what's causing the problem. Look at their arrival dates.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: January 26, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »

I think I found out what's causing the problem. Look at their arrival dates.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah yes, the famous time portal of Samarra.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: January 26, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »

For the "British Raj" achievement: couldn't you simply play as England, take over Brittania then go and invade parts of India until you have hindu courtier and have them educate your kids?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: January 26, 2015, 05:30:36 pm »

For the "British Raj" achievement: couldn't you simply play as England, take over Brittania then go and invade parts of India until you have hindu courtier and have them educate your kids?

Wow, I think it really is that simple.  Unless the game tracks whom you start as for achievement purposes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: January 26, 2015, 08:12:28 pm »

Wow, I think it really is that simple.  Unless the game tracks whom you start as for achievement purposes.
The biggest problem I think for me right now is that you can't actually interact with India / England because the distance is too large. It stops you somewhere near Byzantine.

So I was thinking you'd have to invade and maintain "pit stops" in the middle east and so forth. That's the most difficult part due to the jihads, cassus bellis, and stuff. Not to mention they changed boats so they cost ridiculous amounts of upkeep. Including the armies themselves that you have to maintain for such a distance, you need shittonnes of money to do a campaign either way.

It's.... challenging to say the least.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:03 pm »

The biggest problem I think for me right now is that you can't actually interact with India / England because the distance is too large. It stops you somewhere near Byzantine.

So I was thinking you'd have to invade and maintain "pit stops" in the middle east and so forth. That's the most difficult part due to the jihads, cassus bellis, and stuff. Not to mention they changed boats so they cost ridiculous amounts of upkeep. Including the armies themselves that you have to maintain for such a distance, you need shittonnes of money to do a campaign either way.

It's.... challenging to say the least.
Could you start as a norse then conquer Britain? Use causus Belli from there to expand to India?
EDIT: Wonky quote issues.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:10:37 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: January 26, 2015, 10:56:55 pm »

Extremely relevant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: January 26, 2015, 11:08:25 pm »

I suppose it's possible, but I don't see anything like it in the triggers.
Code: [Select]
# The British Raj
character_event = {
id = 709
hide_window = yes

ai = no

trigger = {
has_dlc = "Rajas of India"
NOT = { has_character_flag = achievement_the_british_raj }
religion_group = indian_group
has_landed_title = e_britannia
}

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:45 pm »

Elfeater:

It wouldn't make a particularly big difference if you were Norse. In fact I think it would make it more difficult as you need to reform the religion first before you can seriously consider being able to conquer two empires.

The major advantages of Norse-ness are the raids and the free cassus belli on coastal lands. However the distance between India and England is not just separated by sea. If it was just that this achievement would be a piece of cake. The big problem, is that you have to basically conquer a gigantic line from the Mediterranean to India in order to move your troops through. This involves going through the Caliphate, a bunch of other massive Muslim kings, and the Mongols. That part there is the hard part of this achievement regardless of you're doing this as England or as India.

I'm sure there's some method that I'm not getting so I'm still fishing for ideas. I'd like to conquer this achievement if possible. Worst case scenario is I have to actually conquer what will basically be the entire world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: January 27, 2015, 01:37:49 am »

Is there any requirement of start date/culture? You could possibly take, say, the Mongol Empire, conquer Britannia and conquer India. It might just feel a bit, uh, cheap.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: January 27, 2015, 05:24:49 am »

Blobbing really hard isn't that difficult. Starting as a 1066 French count, 250 years laters I own the HRE, France, England, Ireland, Hispania and all of Africa (I mean the continent, not te Kingdom), Scandinavia, Gerogia and Alania, Rus, a bunch of other steppes stuff, Poland and Lithuania, and I'm set to inherit the Byzantine Empire.

I sadly don't have RoI for that achievement.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: January 27, 2015, 08:02:14 am »

Irritatingly, it STILL seems that Umayyad and Abbasid blob like hell in my games. I have yet to see either one of them fall apart. I've seen the Abbasid lose a few provinces, but nothing more severe than that.

The Umayyads are pretty ridiculous, I've watched them handily dispatch a conflict consisting of West Francia invading (including Asturian holdings), along with multiple Catholic uprisings, along with an independence revolt consisting of at least 4 of the Iberian emirates. And the damn Umayyads just won't break.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: January 27, 2015, 10:22:44 am »

Highlights of my "Jewish Sicily" game:

-declaring independence from the kingdom of Italy

-Already converting 2 regions to judaism

-waging an impossible defensive war against the Karlings who had united west, mid, and east francia as well as inheriting the kingdom of Italy.

-Winning said war by charging through an army four times the size of mine, seizing four dukes of france and the super-king.

-Execute said king, plunging Europe in to chaos and defeating short-term hopes for any attempts at the reconquista.

-Fostering like twenty fucking kids and a super genius demon child, who goes on to convert all my peeps and eventually me to the samaritan heresy.

-Defeat the Byzantines' plans of invasion by destroying their armies piecemeal before they can assemble after landing, and eventually taking a sicilian province from them.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1002