Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092798 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6690 on: December 30, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »

did you give him a ducal title too to create a new merchant republic?
Yeah, Kent.

I feel like LWs just explained in one post why medieval dynasties fall.  All it takes is one ambitious/idiot ruler.
Advisor: "Sir, the treasuries are empty, and the Norse are preparing to invade!  We must make preparations for another war."
Belthare: "Yes, we must!  Tell the men WE SAIL FOR THE HOLY LAND!"
Of course, it looks like it paid off for him.  Possibly.  I was honestly waiting for the "and everyone died" ending.
THREE TIMES IS THE CHARM! PREPARE THE FLEET (again)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: December 30, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »

That was one impressive war. Or several, I guess. Now push into Arabia while they're still recovering from your glorious victories!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: December 30, 2014, 06:21:28 pm »

Keep going.

Also, in the vassal opinion, I saw "Grand Mayor of Castille". Does that mean that you can have vassal republics at a ducal level while yourself at emperor level?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6693 on: December 30, 2014, 06:30:23 pm »

That was one impressive war. Or several, I guess. Now push into Arabia while they're still recovering from your glorious victories!
I'm not sure just how much a war with the Arabs is worth right now; holding off the Arabs is one thing but conquering them is another basket altogether. No, too many times have I fought with the Arabs only to be raided by Scandinavians or backstabbed by Francians, Bavarians and Byzantines. I'm going to use these victories to secure Europe's back from treacherous snakes. Also invade Scandinavia, but that's a given.
Though attacking while the Abbasid is bankrupt... Decisions!

Keep going.
Also, in the vassal opinion, I saw "Grand Mayor of Castille". Does that mean that you can have vassal republics at a ducal level while yourself at emperor level?
Yep

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: December 30, 2014, 07:23:51 pm »

With the inheritance of the Byzantine Empire, the King Lonan of Eire became Emperor Pulmonary of the Byzantine Empire, King of Greece, King of Anatolia, King of Ireland, King of Scotland, King of Armenia, King of Bulgaria, King of Serbia and King of Cyprus.

Holy shitballs.

(note: all of that but Norway is me. England/Sasana/Bhretain Bheag was also Ua Briains, but their line failed and it was split between the De Montgomery and House Jimena.)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: December 30, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »

Haha, my spymaster just asked permission to take care of the bastard in my court.
IE, our son.  I wonder why my characters tend to fall in love with their spymasters...
Edit:  A mere week later she gave birth to another one.  I'm sparing them, I don't see what harm they're likely to do.

As for the Pagan Serene Republic of Mali, I finally noticed that I have to reform the religion first.  Curses.  I lost 900 prestige breaking a truce, but I should be able to get a 4th holy site for enough moral authority to pull it off in this lifetime.  The game gets so tense past 50 years old.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:10:43 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: December 30, 2014, 08:52:02 pm »

I forgot to add, the Golden Horde are now Nestorian Christian, and the Byzantines (me) are almost entirely catholic.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: December 30, 2014, 10:16:29 pm »

In my current game Hungary is blobbing hard and just took all of Poland. Wonder how long that will last.
The king walks around with a pretty scary 50k stack and usurps all recently conquered titles for himself.
As for me, I'm just a humble Count, son of an Avar Bulgarian and ex-Duke of Pest, trying to murder my way back to the throne. Sadly, the dynastical whack-a-mole game got a bit frustrating when one of the little critters decided not to leave his hole anymore, for now I'll be happy to press my claims on Slavonia.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: December 30, 2014, 11:35:37 pm »

That's interesting, why does your map have such thick bold lines for borders?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: December 31, 2014, 01:26:09 am »

Holy shit my life has been permanently altered in a good way.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6700 on: December 31, 2014, 01:19:35 pm »

One of Aethelberht's brothers got married to a West African noblewoman who was fleeing her homeland from murderous nobles at home. Now House Fsyche's gene pool includes just about every nationality except slavs and arabs.
The dethroned Byzantine Empress and Aelfwald never did reclaim the Byzantine Empire, but they did take over the Knights of Santiago.
I also spared a Scottish Dwarf who led a revolt against me under the condition that he fight in the crusades. I wonder how he'll fare.
A Norwegian adventurer amassed an army of 30,000 to try and stake a claim in Scotland. For some reason they tried to go about taking Scotland by invading Norway. I don't quite get the logic.
Their mighty force of huscarls was wasted in the Battle of Lade when they tried attacking into the mountains; Anglo Saxon archers devastated their ranks and the British infantry and Holy Order Knights finished them off.
The Huscarls in Jerusalem also made their way back home after winning a war against the Abbasid over Damascus; since the Empress no longer could press her claim on the Byzantines and there was a truce between Abbasid and Britannia there was no point in them being there for 5 years with no threat. They are on their way to fight a new war with the Umayyad to start reclaiming Spain from the Muslims... Unfortunately while Britannia just started a new war with the Byzantines to enthrone a new Empress and the Abbasid just split into five new Caliphates.
Finland and Denmark were united under Britannia's banner through the efforts of three Holy Knight orders, the Abbasid split after the Huscarls seized Damascus and the Abbasid capital. Sweden as ever is a pain in my arse, they're the only Norse still raiding my lands. That said the attacks have vastly decreased in number since most of the Scandinavians have been subjugated.
The spreading of Catholicism has helped too. Iceland is Catholic, Denmark is nearly Catholic and the Cathars have been fully converted in Ireland, Wales and England.
Anglo-Saxon culture is also slowly taking over the British Isles. For some reason Constantinople is Norse and Jerusalem is also becoming Anglo-Saxon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: December 31, 2014, 01:55:28 pm »

I want to say Constantinipple is norse because of the Varangian guard, but I really don't know. Wasn't it taken over by some other king?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6702 on: December 31, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »

I'm slowly consolidating the Byzantines into a major force. I've got about 45k in vassal levies, and I just recently took de jure bites out of Croatia and Albaneti/Albania. Taking Albania granted me the ability to form another kingdom - the Kingdom of Georgia. In ten years time, I'll be able to conquer Abkhazia and eliminate the Georgian dukes, and nine years time I can take another piece of Croatia from the child-king Gaspar of Croatia.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6703 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:48 pm »

I want to say Constantinipple is norse because of the Varangian guard, but I really don't know. Wasn't it taken over by some other king?
It's an independent city state; I'll have to look over it once the war is over.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: January 01, 2015, 02:34:27 am »

In other news, I narrowly avoided pissing off the Golden Horde (I accidentally sent a chancellor to fabricate claims on one of their border counties, then let it go when the chancellor got one about a day later.)

Given they have ~105k and without mercs I have about 75k (including 10,000 in Eire and Scotland who'd be too far away to help), I think i dodged a bullet.

Aaand I threw a duchess in the oubliette which also somehow threw me in there too. Great.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:17:22 am by Reudh »
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1002