Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093839 times)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4125 on: October 16, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »

I would play it.
Also, more historically accurate the sunset invasion blah blah blah.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: October 16, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »

I don't get why everyone got their panties in a twist about Sunset Invasion.
I mean literally this ENTIRE GAME is pretty much "lets see how crazy we can make history" so I don't get why it upsets people so much.
I hear there are games where veteran players actually TRY to make history turn out the way it did, and apparently that is insanely difficult.
So yeah, I don't get why its an issue.

Also: I was wondering about multiplayer! Specifically how many people can play it at once? And also can we set up some kind of game/league kinda thing?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4127 on: October 16, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »

Don't quote me on this, but I think 32 is the max or something. and I'd love to join a multiplayer game, as now I have the game through steam thanks to a really nice bay12 user!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: October 17, 2013, 06:24:28 am »

Also: I was wondering about multiplayer! Specifically how many people can play it at once? And also can we set up some kind of game/league kinda thing?
These kind of games never last long, but they're always fun. I have hosted a bay12 Rurikovich MP a while ago that lasted a month or two I think.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: October 17, 2013, 07:22:24 am »

I mean literally this ENTIRE GAME is pretty much "lets see how crazy we can make history" so I don't get why it upsets people so much.
I hear there are games where veteran players actually TRY to make history turn out the way it did, and apparently that is insanely difficult.

I have SI (as a part of a DLC bundle), but I disabled it for the simple reason that I don't enjoy the massive geopolitical shift they cause.

@Multi, I wonder if we could make a family of landed brothers/sisters in a single nation, each person playing one of them, and attempt to gain control over a kingdom for your branch of the initial dynasty. Habsburgs: The Game.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: October 17, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »

I have SI (as a part of a DLC bundle), but I disabled it for the simple reason that I don't enjoy the massive geopolitical shift they cause.

@Multi, I wonder if we could make a family of landed brothers/sisters in a single nation, each person playing one of them, and attempt to gain control over a kingdom for your branch of the initial dynasty. Habsburgs: The Game.
That...sounds pretty epic.
Main problem I think I would have though with this, and multiplayer in general, is that I am a dirty cheater in this game. I just get fed up with some system or another screwing me over that I open up the console and "fix" that particular problem
Example: In one game I was trying to assassinate this faction dude who was getting a bit too powerful, but no one would join the plot because EVERYONE LIKED HIM. So what I did was I went to have him excommunicated but the POPE loved him too. I have NO idea why this dude was so popular.
But yeah then I cheat killed him and it spiraled into me conquering Europe with my doomstacks of cheat-spawned Vikings. Yeah I have a problem.

So back on topic, is there some kind of "cheat disabler" in multiplayer? Because I have serious impulse control on that.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: October 17, 2013, 03:13:38 pm »

That...sounds pretty epic.
Main problem I think I would have though with this, and multiplayer in general, is that I am a dirty cheater in this game. I just get fed up with some system or another screwing me over that I open up the console and "fix" that particular problem
Example: In one game I was trying to assassinate this faction dude who was getting a bit too powerful, but no one would join the plot because EVERYONE LIKED HIM. So what I did was I went to have him excommunicated but the POPE loved him too. I have NO idea why this dude was so popular.
But yeah then I cheat killed him and it spiraled into me conquering Europe with my doomstacks of cheat-spawned Vikings. Yeah I have a problem.

So back on topic, is there some kind of "cheat disabler" in multiplayer? Because I have serious impulse control on that.

Oh, if you want to cheat in your single-player next time, try the fun way: save your game, load the save as the person you're having trouble with, fuck shit up epically ('yo, courtier dude, you saved my life? OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!' *chop* 'Actually, sorry for that dude, give his family half the money I have.'). You get the oportunity to try doing on purpose what you'd normally avoid, and it's pretty hilarious.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: October 17, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »

Well it still gives the problem that I straight up can't play a fair game. I would LIKE to, but I get so frustrated and rage and then there go the doomstacks and suddenly Iceland rules the universe.

Indeed, I do this.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: October 17, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »

I used to do that, but not anymore :)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: October 18, 2013, 09:28:42 am »

Paradox released a little teaser.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pilgrims? Migrants? Traders? It'll be interesting to find out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: October 18, 2013, 10:53:10 am »

Migrants in Crusader Kings 2?

Oh God. Now all it needs is magma levers.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: October 18, 2013, 10:57:58 am »

It's either better crusades with playable Templars, or better hordes with the map expanded to the east.

That's what I hope it will be though :v

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: October 18, 2013, 11:10:33 am »

I'm hoping for land trade.

Been trying out CK2+, cause it's the only mod I've really noticed that seems to be convertable to EU4, and playing as a pagan is boring as hell. All the factions are stated to be "rebellious", I've raised their levies for longer than I have with any other mod, I've made absolutely no effort to appease them. And there has only been a single easily-crushed rebellion so far, and all successions have been 100% calm. The long wait between wars means I can't even accidentally fuck up and start a war when all my levies are dead. Everyone who could oppose me(read: just Prussia) has broken due to gavelkind. Nearly all my neighbours are 1-2 province counts and dukes, and the ones who aren't, don't have any decent casus-belli pick a fight(yay, let's start a world war cause of 1 province). Basically absolutely nothing is happening aside from the Karlings inheriting each others kingdoms and me blobbing by getting single provinces every 5 years.

And the usual reason why I expand (MOAR RETINUES) has been made considerably smaller. I have literally nothing to do. And aptly, the current king is depressed.

I can certainly understand slowing down the rate of expansion, but changing the entire pagan playstyle from "WARWARWARCONQUEST!OHSHITNORSEAREINVADINGANDMYARMIESAREDEAD" to "A pleasant stroll through the neighbourhood every 5 years" is a bit much.

Anyone know any good mods that can be exported to EU?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: October 18, 2013, 11:25:03 am »

i'm hoping for oregon trail: crusader edition

kings dying from dysentery all day

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: October 18, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

Project Balance can be exported, broseph.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 1002