Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090098 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10830 on: August 31, 2016, 10:57:55 am »

You should conquer everything then find a way for the character to die, optionally revoking every title of your vassals beforehand, just so it can be seen what the gavelkind does.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: August 31, 2016, 11:34:18 am »

What's your long reign bonus? I have a feeling your vassals wouldn't even mind if you revoked everything. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR, etc.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: August 31, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »

You should conquer everything then find a way for the character to die, optionally revoking every title of your vassals beforehand, just so it can be seen what the gavelkind does.
  • Revoke all vassal titles.
  • Fall on own sword.
  • Children inherit bits of the realm.
  • Infighting ensues.
  • Everyone dies of the Plague.
  • Eternal Tengri Empire falls in a day.
Such is life in Eastern Europe.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: August 31, 2016, 12:58:01 pm »

What's your long reign bonus? I have a feeling your vassals wouldn't even mind if you revoked everything. ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR, etc.
Long reign caps at 100 from what I've seen of my vassals.

What's more interesting is that I've started seeing:

Ruled too long -2

It's only on newer vassals that that shows up and I'm not sure if that will increase each year or what's going on.

Here's a picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-------------

Unfortunately, nomads are limited to just that Islamic succession thing where the guy with the most prestige inherits everything.

I could die pretty easily if I wanted I think. Every few years I get that options to call for a doctor to do something about my cancer. I normally select the safe option and he gets a donkey to fart on my face and I get +2 to all stats for a few years. The way I lost my eye before was when I selected the risky option. So I'm sure I could just select the risky option again and I'll probably die this time.

Or I could just march into battle with my 1 martial and -11 personal defense stat.

-----------

Also I think I should mention you guys might think there is something for people to inherit. You'd be mistaken. You see... kinda everything there? It's all burned to the ground. They're all just plains. There's no buildings left on anything that's blue in colour on that map.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: August 31, 2016, 01:16:10 pm »

Also I think I should mention you guys might think there is something for people to inherit. You'd be mistaken. You see... kinda everything there? It's all burned to the ground. They're all just plains. There's no buildings left on anything that's blue in colour on that map.

I like to imagine you've reduced every province into steppe terrain, too. Level the mountains, uproot the forests, drain the seas! The Horse Lord must ride!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: August 31, 2016, 01:30:30 pm »

I'm stuck between wanting to see you wash away the entirety of civilization away, and collapsing to let others fill the void and see what kind of chaos would ensue. If the former, you rule forever as God-Emperor of the Steppe (AKA the man with the most nothing of anyone), and the latter you sink into the myths of history, a legend that is as unbelievable as dragon-slaying. Historians will say shit like "oh yeah, he lived a very long time, but obviously, he wasn't immortal", and some obnoxious  high schooler says "yeah-ha, he so did live until he was killed. How do you explain that he was apparently alive 100 years after he founded the Empire?" and the historian replies  "we believe that there was a tradition of secretly replacing the Khan with a lookalike to maintain appearences."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: August 31, 2016, 01:40:28 pm »

I'm stuck between wanting to see you wash away the entirety of civilization away, and collapsing to let others fill the void and see what kind of chaos would ensue. If the former, you rule forever as God-Emperor of the Steppe (AKA the man with the most nothing of anyone), and the latter you sink into the myths of history, a legend that is as unbelievable as dragon-slaying. Historians will say shit like "oh yeah, he lived a very long time, but obviously, he wasn't immortal", and some obnoxious  high schooler says "yeah-ha, he so did live until he was killed. How do you explain that he was apparently alive 100 years after he founded the Empire?" and the historian replies  "we believe that there was a tradition of secretly replacing the Khan with a lookalike to maintain appearences."

Here's a question, what would the state of things be if the former situation was jumped over to Europa Universalis?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: August 31, 2016, 03:56:32 pm »

Here's a question, what would the state of things be if the former situation was jumped over to Europa Universalis?
I assume that if you played right you'd conquer the rest of Africa and Eurasia, and then just sit tight for a couple hundred years while the New World putters on. They are going to update the converter for EU4 to accommodate Immortal characters, so you just live forever and pour all your monarch points into turning your new land into steppes (tech, whats that?).

Come Victoria 2, the New World colonizes the Old.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: August 31, 2016, 04:38:09 pm »

Then when you convert your Eternal Emperor gets a 1/1/1.
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:42 pm »

My 21 year old attractive ruler got cancer. It was face cancer, and the treatment was face removal.

Probably shoulda cut out everything but the upper left there, but forgot. So have some Wales with your faceless dude.

Also, the "severely injured" part just healed, and he's still more attractive then most people. Damn. EDIT: Well cancer came back and doc chopped his balls off. So now he is slightly unattractive :P

Also: BLACK PLAGUE. Have fun with that India/Muslims. I'll be up here building hospital shit...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:37:17 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: August 31, 2016, 11:36:51 pm »

Also, the "severely injured" part just healed, and he's still more attractive then most people. Damn.

The magic mirror probably just got confused when it saw its own reflection on his mask.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: September 01, 2016, 01:27:20 am »

I don't know if you guys are sick of the adventurers of the immortal, blind, infirm, phantom-pained, lunatic, tumour-laden, 300-year-old Khagan yet but today was a big moment for him.

Today he had completely united the entire civilized world. Every man, woman, child, and horse swore allegiance to Khagan Tengri Bogu. While some were wary of their immortal liege's longevity (ruled too long is at -3 now, so I think it's -1 every 100 years), none could question his almighty power and earth shattering dominion over all. Of those that resisted.... nothing remained. Not even the ashen floors or broken pillars of their once great nations.

Today his forces stood ready. Today the ultimate challenge came. This time there was no plague sent by the hosts of Angra Maiyu to befoul their enemy. There was no defensive war across endless steppe plains. The fearless riders stood as the speartip of an invasion that would last a thousand years.

Today, his forces stood at the precipice of all creation. No man, woman, or horse slept easily tonight for they lay in the wake of Ahriman incarnate. The greatest enemy. The fiercest foe. The masters of fire and sacrifice and the neverending horde. The final battle in which the stampede of purification would burn forever.

Arise! Arise riders of Tengri! Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! A sore day! A red day! 'ere the sun rises!

Ride now! Ride now! Ride!!!

Ride for ruin and the world's ending!!!!

DEATH!

DEATH!

DEATH!!!

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: September 01, 2016, 02:47:15 am »

I don't know if you guys are sick of the adventurers of the immortal, blind, infirm, phantom-pained, lunatic, tumour-laden, 300-year-old Khagan yet but today was a big moment for him.
Mongols got beaten back eventually (The Black Death owned them)

Are you secretly a champion of nurgle?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10844 on: September 01, 2016, 04:03:02 am »

Ghenghis Khan may be Doombreed but this guy is Scabeiathrax.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1002