Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092507 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10335 on: April 14, 2016, 02:30:27 am »

Well, in the first four years Avaria has formed Pannonia and eaten Bulgaria,Kiev is very large, Rus has formed, and Sjaeland is beginning its pushes east into Pomerania.
My attempt to perform a speedy "smash and grab" reformation of the slavic faith by stealing three holy sites was met with amazing speed on the part of everyone else.
Yeah, I have found that in all but one of my games the person you least want to blob....grows like a kid through puberty, quickly and messily.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: April 14, 2016, 03:31:24 am »

Sometimes, the timing on events is just perfect.

Yeah, sometimes the timing makes for better stories than anything prewritten, much like Dwarf Fortress.

My favorite so far was when Basileus Gabriel the Saint, mender of the Great Schism, mighty and beloved warlord of Byzantium and scourge of the heathen muslims, bedded a wild woman while out hunting and took her back to his court. Being a most virile specimen Gabriel sired many children with this wild woman in addition to his wife. As time passed and Gabriel sought to reclaim the lands of ancient Rome, seeking to truly restore the glory of his people, many of his sons and daughters perished under... curious circumstances and it was said in hushed whispers that his eldest bastard daughter with the wild woman was of a daemonic nature.

By the time of Gabriel's death his sons had all perished, whether by disease or the sorcrerus machinations of their sister, and his eldest daughters had joined convents, forgoing their claim to the throne. Such did the wildling bastard, spawned by satan to bring ruin to all Gabriel had built, ascend to the throne. Under her rule Byzantium was divided from within and assailed from without, her madness thwarting all attempts to reassert any semblance of order to the empire. Land was lost to the heathens to the East, and the restoration of Rome seemed doomed to fail. But, fortunately, the witch was already of great age by the time her blessed father had passed, and her reign was short, if destructive.

She was succeeded by her great nephew, the grandson of her deceased eldest brother, educated by his father, who himself was educated by Gabriel. He was Gabriel II, and he spent his life undoing the damage caused to his great grandfather's empire and fulfilling his dream of a restored Rome. Though none who came after him ever truly matched the glory of Gabriel the Saint, or Augustus Gabriel II, their lineage ruled over Europe, the Holy Land and Africa.

The Demon Child event has some really good potential for excellent stories if it pops up at the right time.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: April 14, 2016, 04:51:14 am »

I'm imagining what Demon Child would do to the chaotic revolutionary mess that is the Wendish Empire (Composed of like ten kingdoms, all of which are now elective except one I gave away to my uncle's dynasty before the Red Tide washed over me) and crying
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: April 14, 2016, 11:13:55 am »

Sometimes, the timing on events is just perfect.

The Demon Child event has some really good potential for excellent stories if it pops up at the right time.  :D
Had it as the king of Mercia, First child was a demon, who after killing EVERYONE but his youngest brother of his small dynasty, went to found the kingdom of England and conquer Wales and Ireland.
During a claim for the throne of Saxony; he was maimed in a duel with his brother, regrew a limb, fell into a coma and recovered before dying at 72 after his coronation as the king of both Saxony and Germany. His son founded the Army of the Demon's Son Ascendant and the culture of the British isles has become dependant on extreme ideals of Saxon dominion, resulting in mandatory blood-rites and the drinking of literal blood during the Eucharist. 
The pope protested this heresy, but as the sole non-fratrichelli nation-state, threw in with them with remorse. Upon the foundation of the Brytonwaldic Empire, a long feud developed with the Romans, who protested the desecration of Roman heritage and claims.

Landencompased the british isles, France, Germany and portugal
Unfortunatly the save corrupted with the introduction of Conclave, but it was fun. =]

Edit Grammar.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:17:37 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: April 14, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »

After years of rebel-snatching I am now facing the reality that yes, I have 99% threat and it's not going away any time soon, so I have to plan my next move in context of pissing off the whole world.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: April 14, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »

After years of rebel-snatching I am now facing the reality that yes, I have 99% threat and it's not going away any time soon, so I have to plan my next move in context of pissing off the whole world.
Crusades are a great way to get huge tracts of land without threat, since the war is the Pope's, not yours.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: April 14, 2016, 02:27:40 pm »

Too bad I mended the schism, so no crusades for me. I tried to help out my vassals' campaigns but I could pull my forces properly. We did secure Armenia though this way.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: April 16, 2016, 02:45:11 am »

Found dark-skinned vassals in my realm, looked his family tree to find out where he came from. Found origin point. Nobody suspects a thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: April 16, 2016, 04:49:27 am »

Found dark-skinned vassals in my realm, looked his family tree to find out where he came from. Found origin point. Nobody suspects a thing.

Probably because they're all dead?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: April 16, 2016, 05:08:58 am »

They are all dead because it was centuries ago, I mean that nobody suspected that black woman is a bastard and allowed her to carry lineage.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: April 16, 2016, 05:36:12 am »

They are all dead because it was centuries ago, I mean that nobody suspected that black woman is a bastard and allowed her to carry lineage.
You gotta remember that the world of CK2 is a little different from ours. The CK2 world is a place where men can impregnate themselves, horses can breed with humans, bears secretly take the place of people, and you can give birth to the literal son of Satan.

If you lived in this world, you probably wouldn't bat an eyelid if your kid came out orange and green or whatever.

Also this:

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: April 16, 2016, 06:32:10 am »

The CK2 world is a place where men can impregnate themselves

???

Is that an event I've just never had or something? Guessing it would be a lunatic one.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: April 16, 2016, 07:03:20 pm »

The CK2 world is a place where men can impregnate themselves

???

Is that an event I've just never had or something? Guessing it would be a lunatic one.
No, it's a bug.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10348 on: April 16, 2016, 07:21:38 pm »

In CK2 people conquer half the world for the sole purpose of making it look like a pink dick on their map.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: April 16, 2016, 07:21:54 pm »

iirc self-impregnation is mostly caused by self-seduction
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 1002