Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092399 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10305 on: April 10, 2016, 05:40:06 am »

Started a game where I'm transferring to a random (well, one that's below 45 and not doomed to ignobility for their life) character upon the previous one's death.

First one was a Khan - I got wrekt.

Second was the Chief of Osraige - managed to make all my neighbours tributaries and upgrade my holdings, also marrying into many powerful families, before dying.

Currently playing as a minor Duke in Byzantium, hoping to break it apart from the inside.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10306 on: April 10, 2016, 08:19:56 am »

I conquered Emirate of Tunis, control its entire De Jure territory, but it's still (X) on condition for restoration of Roman Empire. How so?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: April 10, 2016, 08:37:14 am »

I conquered Emirate of Tunis, control its entire De Jure territory, but it's still (X) on condition for restoration of Roman Empire. How so?

Do you control the Duchy title itself or just the de jure lands?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10308 on: April 10, 2016, 08:45:39 am »

I control duchy too. I said I usurped it.

But I found the reason. There's a stronghold of some holy order or something in one of the countries. Once I conquer it, I'll be great, although I would not be easy. Any advice on increasing crown authority by the way? I don't have enough to mend the schism.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: April 10, 2016, 11:36:44 am »

Yay! Roman Empire restored. Schism mended. I am the greetest. Time to conquer Europe.

I would move my capital to Rome, but if I appoint viceroy of Greece, I will lose all the nice things in my former capital Duchy. It seems it can't be excluded.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: April 10, 2016, 01:37:15 pm »

If you control the actual provinces and the duchy of (I assume Thrace? the duchy of Constantinople) and you don't click "give all titles under this title" or whatever, then you should keep that. Giving someone a duchy or kingdom title without including the lower titles will just elevate them to that rank and make everyone county and above in the kingdom/duchy their vassal. (Barons in counties you control will still be your vassals.)

UNLESS that changed. I've also only played with Viceroyalties once or twice so I don't know if they're different too, but it wouldn't make sense for it to be different in that way.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »

It didn't give them viceroyalty before like this, but it highlighted in a way that included Thrace, so I didn't want to risk it. I will test it on Rome first.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: April 10, 2016, 01:59:50 pm »

If you're ironman, I think you can pause the game, give them the title, and if it fucks up, ctrl-alt-del and end the process to prevent it from saving.

If not ironman, you can just reload :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: April 10, 2016, 02:07:55 pm »

They are horribly broken, it's true. Make someone a viceroy and get insane opinion boost. And when he dies, you get to repeat with his successor.

Weird thing happened. Holy Order declared war of independence on me, and it instantly ended because casus belli is no longer valid. Holy Orders can't lead factions?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: April 10, 2016, 07:44:40 pm »

That feel when you find an old woman in your dungeon you forgot about and you realize she's been there since some random revolt when she was seven years old.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: April 10, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »

My delightful Croatia game saw the death of its first ruler, and the revelation that his son had been busy. He had 13 children, 7 boys and 6 girls, two or three of them bastards. Under elective Gavelkind, I'm electing to try and convert to Christianity and get any sort of succession but, if I want to keep the kingdom. I'll really miss raiding, but I'm not not reforming any time soon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:17:41 am by Lukewarm »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: April 11, 2016, 07:28:11 am »

That feel when you find an old woman in your dungeon you forgot about and you realize she's been there since some random revolt when she was seven years old.

I've had more than a few people captured shortly after birth live their entire lives in my dungeons. I think my record is 86 years in the dungeon before dying.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: April 11, 2016, 08:19:15 am »

My delightful Croatia game saw the death of its first ruler, and the revelation that his son had been busy. He had 13 children, 7 boys and 6 girls, two or three of them bastards. Under elective Gavelkind, I'm electing to try and convert to Christianity, and get any sort of succession but, if I want to keep the kingdom. I'll really miss raiding, but I'm not not reforming any time soon.
It's been a while since I used gavelkind, but can't you just grant all of your titles to your primary heir so that you don't lose them to your other children upon death? It means you don't get to use much of the personal levies, but you should have a fiercely loyal and very powerful vassal without having your realm split upon death (and if tribal he'll use all his troops when called as an ally). Of course, there are the risks of that son dying if he has a valid heir(s) which could split your realm in a way that could take longer to fix.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: April 11, 2016, 09:35:10 am »

Nah, the game prevents that now.  You're not allowed to grant your gavelkind heirs titles under certain situations, which I *think* boil down to "It'd be impossible to give the remaining titles out and end up with a fair spread".

So you might be able to give your heir a duchy, but you wouldn't be able to give him both of your duchies if you only had two.  It does let you have some control about who gets what, though.  Basically you're doing some of the eventual title-granting ahead of time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: April 11, 2016, 12:34:38 pm »

Free investiture is the best gravelkind management system. The moment someone is entitled to bishopic, he's diqualified from gravelkind. Viceroyalty lets you hide your titles from heirs, but only Byzantine can actually do it.

And beware of mismatching inheritances. Primogeniture on your empire and gravelkind on your primary kingdom is a sure way to lose everything.
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 1002