Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19845 times)

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2010, 02:07:39 am »

I explicitly remember laughing at all the angsty people who hated life. I did not experience it, probably because I really didn't want to be a stereotypical teenager.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2010, 02:31:07 am »

Oh man, there's this part in puberty where you have to gnaw off your own foot. I am not joking. And you never know when you're going to have to. It just happens.

This is probably my favorite response ever. I literally couldn't stop laughing.

Laughing? What's so funny about puberty? It is serious business.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2010, 02:44:17 am »

Here's some advice no-one likes to hear.
Soda + pizza = acne. Even in your 20's.
It also makes you rather unattractive if you sit around all day and let it sit on your belly. If you can eat right when you're 13, you can do it so much better during college.

To fight acne, eat right, wash your face twice a day, don't smush your hands against your face, and don't pop zits/break skin. It makes it worse, especially on then-skinned areas like your brow and forehead.

I second the Trim, don't shave. As unmanly as it sounds, I kind of want to know what other people do for their manscaping, though I'm not asking about that here. It's so easy to trim it horribly wrong.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2010, 08:25:27 am »

Oh man, there's this part in puberty where you have to gnaw off your own foot. I am not joking. And you never know when you're going to have to. It just happens.

I had to stop halfway and they made me continue at the point of a gun.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2010, 08:29:32 am »

If you can think of some other way to activate the egg spores than unbearable pain, be my guest. At the very least they don't have to dread it coming, what with using the whole "sex" thing to distract them from how reproduction really works.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2010, 08:38:54 am »

Hmmmm, puberty was a pita, for me, but mainly because I didn't know how to communicate that I'm horny as fuck all the time.

Bestest advice I can give: SCREW most of the advice from here. BURN through those years like a spaceshuttle upon atmospheric re-entry;

Right now, you're a teenager, and adults don't take you all that seriously anyway, so you might as well have fun, while it lasts. Screw around, drink, and generally try to have fun. While doing so, try not to die. And try not to get infected in various ways, but dude, have fun.

The day might come you might regret your dick doesnt point you to the next wet pussy like a dowsing rod, and when that happens, you're old. And you're old for the rest of your life.

The wonderful years of lacking respect for one's health, those only last so long. And they're at the beginning of your life for a reason: so your body is able to handle it ;)

edit: may sound stupid, but try to feel comfortable in your body, that goes a long way ;) makes acne and greasy hair go away like its going out of fashion.

edit2: on the other hand... don't take my advice. I can't use any more bad karma, its bad enough as it is :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:13:00 am by Puck »

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2010, 09:50:01 am »

Puck, I think you mean well, but that came out terribly.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2010, 09:50:30 am »

I definetly mean well.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:55 am »

The day might come you might regret your dick doesnt point you to the next wet pussy like a dowsing rod, and when that happens, you're old. And you're old for the rest of your life.

Because being obsessed with someone else's organs is a wonderful thing.

I'll see you at the black market, Puck.  We'll do up a nice kidney-liver package.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 12:03:10 pm »

I'm 17 and I went through it around 14, shit was easy, everybody was going through it so it didn't really matter.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2010, 01:23:10 pm »

If you can think of some other way to activate the egg spores than unbearable pain, be my guest. At the very least they don't have to dread it coming, what with using the whole "sex" thing to distract them from how reproduction really works.
Now I'm a little late getting to it but I think I'm going to have to sig the beginning of this beautiful train.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »

Im 14. And got a deep voice i guess. Its annoying when those marketers that call think im an adult and start advertising their stuff to me.

Anyway, I have never seen acne. Never. Anywhere.
Actually my brother had a couple zits on his face a long time ago, but havent seen anything more than that.

I dont have any problems with puberty.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2010, 04:08:38 pm »

You might not, ever. You might be one of the lucky ones. But acne doesn't go away just 'cause you're not a kid anymore so you might want to take preventative steps.

Oh, and wear socks that are easy to chew through.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2010, 04:16:34 pm »

I remember hearing somwhere that those who spend their teenage years acne-free are more prone to have serious post-pubescent issues with it, but that might have just been some rumor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2010, 04:40:05 pm »

I remember hearing somwhere that those who spend their teenage years acne-free are more prone to have serious post-pubescent issues with it, but that might have just been some rumor.
I read that as 'some tumor'.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11