Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19847 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2010, 03:44:21 pm »

There is absolutely no aspect of male puberty that attracts the ladies.  What he has missed out on is the burning need to touch them, whilst radiating an aura of greasy hair.

Eh, there's also female puberty, where the girls get the burning need to touch men. It's the same both ways. But both just act really retarded, like "OMG, I've got dust in my eyes and they're wet. (S)he's gonna think I'm crying. OMG OMG, someone cover for me while I run to the bathroom and wash my face. I'm gonna act like someone punched me in the eye, to look cool."
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 03:44:42 pm »

I'm sorry but what the hell is the point of these threads? This is like the other teenage advice ones "Omg like how do I talk to girls! Im socially retarded!". Puberty isn't hard, its a natural change that isn't painful. It might be a good idea to just find out for yourself instead of asking bay12.

Because some of us post-18 people have made mistakes that the OP would rather not repeat, I imagine.  Or perhaps he's hoping to find some people amongst whom he will feel included, welcomed, and understood.

I don't really see what's wrong with it.  People will ask "stupid questions," but there's nothing wrong with seeking out common ground with others.  Soon enough, we'll all find it wasn't such a big deal and we can move on a little bit more.

Plus, you know, you can just ignore the thread.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 03:46:05 pm »

Plus, isn't being like "OMFG god kid, go out and learn something and quit bringing your crap here" exactly what he came to B12 to avoid?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

Plus, isn't being like "OMFG god kid, go out and learn something and quit bringing your crap here" exactly what he came to B12 to avoid?
said all the other kids going through puberty.

I'm sorry but what the hell is the point of these threads? This is like the other teenage advice ones "Omg like how do I talk to girls! Im socially retarded!". Puberty isn't hard, its a natural change that isn't painful. It might be a good idea to just find out for yourself instead of asking bay12.

I think at this point, its just a lot of post-18 people comparing experiences because, hey, it's something to talk about.  I don't see any "advice" being given, it's just stories.
stories can be the best advice.

I just tried not to get worked up. Any real heat and I'd be damned if i could focus long enough.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:28:05 pm by eerr »

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 04:16:16 pm »

It's not too bad. You'll grow to hate your hormones because your emotions will be all over the place for a few months, but after that it's fine. Just roll on through!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 05:00:57 pm »

On the subject of don't wear sweatpants, have I told you guys the story of my horrible zip-up sweatpants when I was like 12 in boy scouts?

Yeah, sweatpants with a zipper, and the zipper was longer than the cut, so it bent outward.  I guess they just thought I really liked scouting.
That's hilarious.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 09:43:55 pm »

I haven't read the thread, so if anyone already made a pun about how its very frequently hard during puberty but afterwards the hardness is more pronounced but less unpredictable, I'm totally not sorry because that was just fun to write.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »

I assumed that the joke was implied by the OP.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 10:26:24 pm »

My puberty hit late... it was probably between my Sophomore and Junior year of Highschool before I really had to deal with the worst of it. Even so, my voice never changed suddenly, I got an electric razor to deal with the stubble (highly recommended if you come from a facial-hair-heavy family), and kept my brain engaged lest I start thinking with something other than it. It kinda sucked not having a male parent around the house at the time, because I had to find out most things slyly, through friends and peers. Even so, I was through it soon enough, and on with the rest of my life... and I got a rather snazzy beard for it.

But yeah, just keep a level head and let what happens happen. Try to remember that most everyone goes through the same thing, and there's nothing you can do to change it; just concentrate on what you need to do in school and life, and the awkward weirdness will pass soon enough.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 07:11:33 am »

Oh man, there's this part in puberty where you have to gnaw off your own foot. I am not joking. And you never know when you're going to have to. It just happens.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25:29 am »

Hard?  On a scale of Easy, Normal and Hard....    its rated Insane.

As for puberty? 
I believe I've been too occupied playing games and being a loner to really care about or notice the changes going on with me. 
Never really had much of a zit/acne problem.

Yea, I wasted my early years.  Just like I'm doing now.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:53 am »

To waste, you must have missed something better.

did you?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

To waste, you must have missed something better.

did you?
Won't know till I go back in time and alter things now would I?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 08:27:15 pm »

There is absolutely no aspect of male puberty that attracts the ladies.  What he has missed out on is the burning need to touch them, whilst radiating an aura of greasy hair.
This is true.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2010, 10:40:34 pm »

Oh man, there's this part in puberty where you have to gnaw off your own foot. I am not joking. And you never know when you're going to have to. It just happens.

This is probably my favorite response ever. I literally couldn't stop laughing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11