Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Puberty: How hard is it?  (Read 19848 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Puberty: How hard is it?
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2010, 02:06:22 pm »

When I say acne I mean zits, not FUCKING EXTREME SKIN SPLODING MASSIVE ROID RAGE ACNE. I never had
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this kind of thing.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:17 pm »

I SAID TRIM, DON'T SHAVE IT OR YOU'LL REGRET IT >:C.

This, A million times this.

If you absolutely must get rid of hair, your best bet is with laser removal stuff.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2010, 02:29:17 pm »

No, don't shave and don't even think about lasering, not "Down there".

When I say acne I mean zits, not FUCKING EXTREME SKIN SPLODING MASSIVE ROID RAGE ACNE. I never had  this kind of thing.
Nobody gets /that/ from puberty, do they?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:33:53 pm by ILikePie »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2010, 02:32:21 pm »

What, there was nobody in your class named Pizzaface?  Because there were a couple guys in my class who qualified for Pizzaface.  Luckily, I was one of them, but I did often have one large zip right on my cheekbone, where oil (I guess) from my glasses reached my cheek.  Still happens occasionally.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »

No, don't shave and don't even think about lasering, not "Down there".

Brave man.

Also, OP: You're 16 and just now hitting puberty?

I hit puberty when I was 11 or 12.

You've been missing out on all the ladies.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 02:40:13 pm »

There is absolutely no aspect of male puberty that attracts the ladies.  What he has missed out on is the burning need to touch them, whilst radiating an aura of greasy hair.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 02:49:21 pm »

Nobody gets /that/ from puberty, do they?

I wasn't that bad, but I was close.  Actually, the acne on the face wasn't as bad as that on the back and chest; that stuff was horrible. Luckily, I went through puberty when they were still giving out accutane, so I was actually one of the few clear-faced people by the time I was 16.  Of course, that stuff will really mess up your emotions, which when combined with normal puberty and my tendency towards depression, makes for one surly and depressed teenager.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2010, 02:56:32 pm »

I must admit, I took acutane, and I never really had a problem with emotional problems. Ever. In fact, it worked like a charm, I have very little acne now, and didn't suffer from the high cholesterol count, or depression, the two biggest worries.

I did burn from less than 15 minutes in the sun however. Had to use a lot of sunscreen that year.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 03:03:18 pm »

I never really had face problems. Sure I had acne, but only in the form of a zit or two over the course of a month. It was kinda bad on my shoulders though, but as I always wore a long-sleeve shirt it never became a real issue.

I do hope the OP has parents who know what wet dreams are though. I know too many stories of ignorant parents thinking it's either a sign they are thinking of smut or are actively jerking off to smut. And the situation is awkward enough as it is without your parents having some ammo to be paranoid about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 03:15:03 pm »

I wasn't that bad, but I was close.  Actually, the acne on the face wasn't as bad as that on the back and chest; that stuff was horrible. Luckily, I went through puberty when they were still giving out accutane, so I was actually one of the few clear-faced people by the time I was 16.  Of course, that stuff will really mess up your emotions, which when combined with normal puberty and my tendency towards depression, makes for one surly and depressed teenager.

I'm not that bad....but a lot of obsessing over my acne left me with a lot of scars on my cheeks. And I've got some white heads that will never go away. I used to obsess about my acne a lot, but I've tried to get over it. I'm almost through my 20s and I still have frequent break outs and stuff. But I have crazy greasy skin so there's very little I can do about it. I know my acne isn't as bad as many others....but it does a number of your confidence and self esteem, especially if you get "the mother of all zits" that demands you leave alone for a week before you mess with it.

I must admit, I took acutane, and I never really had a problem with emotional problems. Ever. In fact, it worked like a charm, I have very little acne now, and didn't suffer from the high cholesterol count, or depression, the two biggest worries.

I've thought about it, but the risks have always scared me off. (The suicide more than the depression.) Now there's a class action lawsuit against acutane going around as well....so I just stick to antibiotics, and like three face washings a day.

I'll give you some advice my dermatologist gave me about acne: never spend more than 5 minutes in front of the mirror messing with it. It may look terrible now, but it will look worse later if you break the skin.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »

I'm sorry but what the hell is the point of these threads? This is like the other teenage advice ones "Omg like how do I talk to girls! Im socially retarded!". Puberty isn't hard, its a natural change that isn't painful. It might be a good idea to just find out for yourself instead of asking bay12.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 03:29:44 pm »

eh, whats got yer goat.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 03:31:52 pm »

I'm sorry but what the hell is the point of these threads? This is like the other teenage advice ones "Omg like how do I talk to girls! Im socially retarded!". Puberty isn't hard, its a natural change that isn't painful. It might be a good idea to just find out for yourself instead of asking bay12.

Presumably so they don't turn into a bitter, internet asshole who thinks everyone should learn life in a vacuum?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 03:32:11 pm »

I think at this point, its just a lot of post-18 people comparing experiences because, hey, it's something to talk about.  I don't see any "advice" being given, it's just stories.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 03:40:08 pm »

Because some of us post-18 people have made mistakes that the OP would rather not repeat, I imagine.  Or perhaps he's hoping to find some people amongst whom he will feel included, welcomed, and understood.

I don't really see what's wrong with it.  People will ask "stupid questions," but there's nothing wrong with seeking out common ground with others.  Soon enough, we'll all find it wasn't such a big deal and we can move on a little bit more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11