Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Game Over! Mafia win!  (Read 53332 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XIV - Day 1- It begins
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:28 pm »

Quick question- Are Mafia told who the other Mafia are?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2010, 12:18:15 am »

Yes. They can even talk to each other privately.

Very well, vote as you will. I still think he's town, and you're still scum.

Spartan is just a lurker right now, and while it is scummy, its not a major scum tell right now since it's day 1. Breadbocks gives off noob tells to me and you are just dripping with scum. The only reason I can't vote for Spartan is that I only have 1 vote. I'm voting for the most scummy person I can find, YOU. Perhaps you should have thought of that?

Ok, I may have misread that part, your saying that uselessness is almost as bad as scum for the town? Ok, it was a bit unclear for me, your logic is somewhat twisted, but it makes sense now.

And yet you shortened before he posted, even though he was technically playing at the time. No excuse, you shortened without giving thought to shibdib.

Don't try to get attention off of you by stating a single scumtell. That doesn't work. I probably have stated most, if not all, scumtells against you, or at least those that I have noticed. He just can't find anything more than what I have.

Plus, with all those FoS' on everyone, why don't you back it up with a vote? Put your money where your mouth is.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2010, 01:07:21 am »

Don't try to get attention off of you by stating a single scumtell.

I calls them as I sees them. Jumping onto the second bandwagon with no stated original reasons is a hell of a scumtell, and if anyone is not buying his newbie act, should vote him and ride him for it.

Plus, with all those FoS' on everyone, why don't you back it up with a vote? Put your money where your mouth is.

Maybe I should. Let's first see where we are. @Mod: votecount, please. It's 48hrs to day end, right?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2010, 02:07:59 am »

In any case, since shibdib has rejoined and has to catch up, and the gambit (that NEVER WAS) is no loner in place, I withdraw my shorten request, though my vote remains on breadbocks for being too scummy and dumb to live.

You see, I have a problem with this: what is the logic in preventing a player from commenting at all with a day shorten? Is it to motivate him to show up?

"Oh, now that he's here- we don't need to hurry up and make sure he doesn't get to say anything".

Why shorten the day to try and punish a lurker? What is the point?

The shorten request had nothing to do with shibdib or the lurking. As I mentioned earlier, it was for breadbox, specifically at the beginning, when there were already enough votes to hammer him, and it was clear he should go down -- shorten so we can move on and can get back to the game. I make this position clear at least twice:

If that's true, why mention Shibdib at all? I may be harping on the smallest of points, but I don't like the inconsistency.

There is no inconsistency. As I said, he's back, needs the time, and is a factor in my decision to withdraw. You imply that he was a factor in my decision to request it, but nowhere I say that. I requested it for breadbox, I withdraw it for shibdib. No inconsistency.

On other things, what do you think about Spartan? Do you have opinions on the surprisingly quiet USEC?

I just feel it was odd to add shibdip as a qualifier to that statement, as you were in the process of mentioning how useless lurkers are, and how he should be lynched on principal (it's common to lynch lurkers as a rule, I believe you said).

If you were scum, and trying to lead a lynch against a inactive player as opposed to hosting a real second day scum hunt, I would say ending the day early and lynching someone who has yet to add a thought is a Grade A strategy.

Spartan: As I mentioned, I am in his BYOR mafia. He was catching a lot of shit over that a-ways for scum tells form a lot of very experienced players. I don't like his lurking, which it after all is, as he has been on and active in other mafia games. He's about as new as I am, and I think that makes him jumping about getting lynched.

Rule him out as scum? Hell no. He has yet to share any "scum tells", except in reaction to your prods.

USEC and Scatterbrain are a bit beyond me at the moment, I need to devote some time to just reading their posts.  eclipsetail has also been a little under my radar, but his vote for you seems like bandwagon to me.

Breadbocks has frankly disappointed me: I was hoping for a something more than just "he's out to get me", which is just weak; doesn't mean it's untrue, just means it's weak.

Zako:
TheBroodyMoods:

I don't know who would get NK'd tonight. I'm going with my guts and I think you would get shanked tonight. As for scum: Zathras is scum. Eclipsetail looks a bit scummy, as well as Spartan.

I see that you also caught onto the backflip Zathras did.

I've got two predictions for that outcome so far, and I'm totally willing to take the risk:

You're doing a lot of standing up for breadbocks, but he hasn't done a whole lot of that himself. I am not ready to change my vote, just yet, but if he can't stand up for himself why keep trying to save him? At this rate he'll likely end up lynched day 2.

Breadbocks, come in here and prove me wrong- start over turning some of these bandwagons or you're going to end up in the noose again.

Alright, I'm calling it a night.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2010, 04:49:23 am »

I'm not purposely trying to defend him, you can all see it that way, but I just don't want to waste a lynch on an idiot and have this game end up like the other beginner's mafia I was in.

In that one, bandages purposely gave off scumtells, even though he was town, claiming to have a 'strategy' and we all lynched him like bread here. Then we all got confused because we all had been distracted by him not being scum and got NK'd to death.

Not happening here. No.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2010, 05:54:00 am »

right, i'll answer some points that came up overnight concerning mysself. then i'll get down to more nitty gritty.

Scatterbrain, for saying that he gets on when not a lot of people post, and then attacking eclipsetail for lurking. Did you even look at the timestamps?

hmm - i didn't look at the timestamps; i guess not being on at the same time as everyone else blurs my perception of things. but i feel my point still stands; maybe not lurking technically, but when he has showed his face his posts have been of very little content and of even less consequence; save to drop on a not-yet-condemned breadbocks, and whilst doing no digging to follow up on his suspicions. which, when i pointed this out to him, he tried this on.

And ok, breadbocks, what are you thinking of the game so far?

which is just a token show at scumhunting. that's what his game has been so far - token showing up, token voting and token cover-ups for when he realises he has screwed-up (twice now, first for day shortening, now for lack of scumhunting). the bare minimum. he has kept in the background and come up with flimsy reasons and motives for his actions. i smell scum.

I'm leaving some stuff out (ahem-scatterbrain-ahem), I am sure, but I would like this post to wrap it up for the time being:

i see that later on you (broodymoods) say that you have yet to examine me, but here there's a suggestion that you already have an opinion? i'd be interested to hear it.

Zathras, for your money, if we lynched you who gets night killed first?
Hmmm... probably you, or scatterbrain. Whoever is doing the most actual scumhunting will be the mafia's best target, especially if they have been targeting the right person.
[/quote]

now this interests me, zathras. in the eyes of some, i'm being a bit lurky (which i've already talked about - being on at different times and whatnot), but you're suggesting that i'm actually out there scumhunting. how would you account for this difference of opinion?

and shibdib, i asked you a question back on page 5/6, just after the game started, care to answer it for me?

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2010, 06:25:43 am »

...well, i was going to get down to the nitty gritty here, but i have a question that needs answering first.

zako: you've spent plenty of time scumhunting zathras. what conclusions have you drawn from this investigation? when did you form these opinions?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2010, 07:57:15 am »

He's scum. No dout about it. I thought he was being scummy when he shortened the day, and he was, and when I pressed him he still pressed on breadbocks even though he had no real point to since there were other people who were scummy. (He said lynch all lurkers is acceptable, yet only now does he really attack one.) Things just kept building up and I knew he was scum.

Kill the scumbucket.

I won't say anymore since I just spent hours working on an assignment and handing it in, so I'm beat.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2010, 02:59:26 pm »

Unvote.

Lynching Breadbocks I think will prove the most informative; this could potentially damn Zako or Zathras, depending on how he flips. And I am not convinced if we let him get to day two that'd he'd be of any use excepting sucking up another day of debate.

Sorry buddy.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2010, 03:08:08 pm »

I'm leaving some stuff out (ahem-scatterbrain-ahem), I am sure, but I would like this post to wrap it up for the time being:

i see that later on you (broodymoods) say that you have yet to examine me, but here there's a suggestion that you already have an opinion? i'd be interested to hear it.

I just wanted you to know you were in my thoughts. I still have yet to review all your posts, but I remain interested on your take of this Breadbocks-Zathras tie we now have. Also, does Zako's defense of breadbocks strike you as more than just being compassionate toward another player? Do you think it scummy?

And Eclipsetail's sudden bandwagon? There's also Spartan's chronic lurking.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2010, 03:29:35 pm »

Damn it Zathras, have you not been listening to me? I usually (99% of the time.) get on at 3:30 Eastern standard time (GMT -5), do my posting for about half an hour to an hour, and then move on to other things. What don't you understand about that?

Right, now to answer all the questions directed at me:

There's probably some (ie a lot) of scumtells I missed. But those are the major ones I found.

What are your thoughts on Zako, than? and Me? And what of the ever lurking, invisible [insert player name here]? Should we lynch the lurkers as a rule?

Well, reading all the posts, you and Zako seem to be the least scummy. You haven't done anything scummy that I can see, but that doesn't automaticly make you town.

Unvote.

I assume that the Than refers to Spartan117. My thoughs would be to lynch him, as he seems to be lurking on purpose. Plus he hasn't answered my question:

Spartan 117, what prevents you from trying to scumhunt?

Can't say much about shibdib. He hasn't posted much, as his computer needed to be repaired, and as I played with him in the last beginner's game, he seems to be posting the same style as before, so I can't really say much about him.

As for the lurking question: It depends. Posting once a day is probably not lurking. It says that you are trying to make an effort to play. Not answering questions in that one post directed at you is much more scummier. Not a lot of content? Maybe you're scum, maybe you're not.

Zathras, what makes you think that I'm surprisingly quiet? If you read my last game, I'm actually posting a lot of content here. As for scumhunting, again, more than I did last time. I'm actually quite proud of myself.

Zako, what makes you think that lynching Breadbocks would turn out like your last beginner's mafia game?

@Scatterbrain: He said not enough scumhunting.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2010, 03:38:36 pm »

Wow. 24hrs pass and abysmal activity. This is why lurking hurts town, and the game.

USEC, Spartan, breadbox; haven't posted in over 24hrs. Spartan in quite a  bit longer than that, and USEC's attempt was half-harted at best. To the one or two of you who isn't scum: STOP LURKING! This only helps the scum lurk with impunity, distracts those who are scumhunting, and you fail to be of any use whatsoever to the town. If you join a game, it is only polite to actually play the game.

Broody, Zako, scatterbrain, and I seem to be the only consistently active ones here. Four out of nine. That's frankly sad.

eclipse; can't seem to link more than a couple of sentences at a time, mostly to express how he doesn't know the game, or to jump into a bandwagon. Hasn't done anything else the entire game.

shibdib; c'mon, man! You said you were just about caught up -- how 'bout some thoughts?

Also, a reply:
Zathras, for your money, if we lynched you who gets night killed first?
Hmmm... probably you, or scatterbrain. Whoever is doing the most actual scumhunting will be the mafia's best target, especially if they have been targeting the right person.
now this interests me, zathras. in the eyes of some, i'm being a bit lurky (which i've already talked about - being on at different times and whatnot), but you're suggesting that i'm actually out there scumhunting. how would you account for this difference of opinion?

Well, I think you are out there scumhunting. Not as much as I'd like, but more than most, and that's gotta be somewhat scary to the scum. I would be nice if we got more than a couple of posts a day from you, but at least they are sustantive posts, not two-sentence brainfarts like we see from others (you know who you are).

More later.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2010, 03:40:59 pm »

Damn it Zathras, have you not been listening to me? I usually (99% of the time.) get on at 3:30 Eastern standard time (GMT -5), do my posting for about half an hour to an hour, and then move on to other things. What don't you understand about that?

Heh. I invoked you! Speak his name and he shall appear!

Fair enough. The point stands about the rest, though.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2010, 03:57:43 pm »

alright, let's get this show on the road! :D

shibdib, what did you think of the last beginners mafia? did you learn anything from it?

im assuming you ment this post.. page 3 ;)

And all I learned is that apparently I need to get more forceful with my accusations because I picked out the scum day 1 last game but couldnt convince enough people to vote with me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2010, 06:15:40 pm »

[...]
Breadbocks has frankly disappointed me: I was hoping for a something more than just "he's out to get me", which is just weak; doesn't mean it's untrue, just means it's weak.
Not quite sure what to respond to this. I guess the best reason I have is that despite saying, quite consistently, how scummy he though other people, he seems to still want to pursue me.   ???
[...]
Breadbocks, come in here and prove me wrong- start over turning some of these bandwagons or you're going to end up in the noose again.
No quite sure what turning some bandwagons means, but I'm going to guess it means stop people from voteing for someone, just to vote for someone.
[...]
hmm - i didn't look at the timestamps; i guess not being on at the same time as everyone else blurs my perception of things. but i feel my point still stands; maybe not lurking technically, but when he has showed his face his posts have been of very little content and of even less consequence; save to drop on a not-yet-condemned breadbocks, and whilst doing no digging to follow up on his suspicions. which, when i pointed this out to him, he tried this on.

And ok, breadbocks, what are you thinking of the game so far?

which is just a token show at scumhunting. that's what his game has been so far - token showing up, token voting and token cover-ups for when he realises he has screwed-up (twice now, first for day shortening, now for lack of scumhunting). the bare minimum. he has kept in the background and come up with flimsy reasons and motives for his actions. i smell scum.
[...]
[Fail grammar understanding] No quite sure id this is at me or eclipse. Clarify please?[/fail grammar understanding]
Unvote.

Lynching Breadbocks I think will prove the most informative; this could potentially damn Zako or Zathras, depending on how he flips. And I am not convinced if we let him get to day two that'd he'd be of any use excepting sucking up another day of debate.

Sorry buddy.
No problem. Entirely understandable. Of course when I get proven townie we could end up being wrong about Zako, and he is on my side to make him look like a townie/town role. Not quite sure with the WIFOM. :-\
Wow. 24hrs pass and abysmal activity. This is why lurking hurts town, and the game.

USEC, Spartan, breadbox; haven't posted in over 24hrs. Spartan in quite a  bit longer than that, and USEC's attempt was half-harted at best. To the one or two of you who isn't scum: STOP LURKING! This only helps the scum lurk with impunity, distracts those who are scumhunting, and you fail to be of any use whatsoever to the town. If you join a game, it is only polite to actually play the game.
Hasn't been a full day for me yet, I think. I wake up at 8a.m. local, go to school for 7 hours,  get back home at ~5p.m. let my netbook boot up, read through the topic, catch up on the rest of the forums, do homework, then post. Cut some slack for people who can't check the game every five minutes. Spartan is the only real lurker right now.

Heh. I invoked you! Speak his name and he shall appear!

Fair enough. The point stands about the rest, though.

::)  He posted before you by around, 9 minutes. You would've gotten a notification before you posted. Quit making posts that are pointless.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27