Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66720 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 39: Bathroom Bogies and a Southern Shepherd]
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2010, 08:21:58 am »

Actions!

Eat nutrients, transform them in abdominal muscle using exercise ! Puch baddies is okay too.

Result: 4 + 1 (Waterborn)

Pierre tears a bag of chips open and stuffs a fistful of delicious nutrients down his throat.

Hmm.

He doesn't seem to feel his abs transforming. Perhaps something more protein-filled would do the trick.

-What is it, Igor? Not liking the lipstick? But of course you like it.

Elizabeth tortures Igor my applying lipstick on it, making emoticons. Then it's time to end fooling around, and she looks around for box of needles, screws or any other, small and sharp objects. Full box, single items won't do.

No roll necessary
Elizabeth spends some time harassing Igor with her tube of lipstick, drawing a silly face on the exposed parts of the suit.

Result: 3
She heads to the hardware section and grabs ahold of a box of screws. There are a hundred screws in this box, according to the case.

Talk to the thing.

If it does something bad, it can expect a head called shot.

No Roll Necessary
Cecilia walks up behind the thing and taps it on the shoulder with her submachine gun. It whirls around, angrily!

Its eyes are yellow. Its body is inky black. It has a powerfully built torso and long arms. Its head is rather small, but its mouth gapes in a toothy grin.

Social Roll: 5 + 1 (Moonlight)
"Woah, there..." says Cecilia. "I'm a friend."

Something in her tone of voice makes the huge creature calm down and rear back on its haunches. It cocks its head to the side and burbles good-naturedly, going back to eating the corpse.

Head below and investigate the people hiding.

No Roll Necessary
Jane starts towards the trapdoor, but Robson holds cocks an eyebrow. "Where're you goin'?" he asks.

Social Roll: 3 + 1 (Wise)

"I just want to take a look at your friends. Are there any injured? Perhaps we can help." says Jane.

Robson nods. "We got one kid, she's been feverish since earlier this mornin'. Maybe you could take a look."

Eat nutrients, inform other d00dz of the d00d trying to help his buddehs, If I can go to help 'im out, ask for a doctor if there's one there

No roll necessary
Pierre hands Cassandra a bag of potato chips, which she munches absentmindedly as she walks around. She informs Pierre, Elizabeth, and Jaume of the presence of the man Robson in the storage room, and also of the strange beast Cecilia has confronted in the bathroom. She heads over to the storage room and follows Jane down. Robson shrugs as she passes.

A use suitable JUNK in the store to create a death ray electrolize the Toothed Baton, or rather, making it chock people when they're hit by it, and preferably not myself.

Result: 3
Jaume roots around in the hardware section. He finds a car battery several wires, some alligator clips, and some dog leashes, as well as a chain. It looks like he can use these things to improvise a shocking toothed baton, assuming the semi-living weapon will allow it. Hell, he'll force it to allow it.

He may need a little more time to create his new weapon.

Current Situation

Jane and Cassandra

The room beneath the trapdoor is spacious, clean, and dimly lit by a single sparking bulb. There are many children, a number of men, and a number of women down here. Some of the men are playing cards. There is a crate of beer by the wall, a series of battery torches, and a cooler of food in here.

Some of the men eye them suspiciously. One of the younger ones looks nervously at the pair.

Cecilia

Standing in the bathroom, rather nonplussed. The huge creature is happily feasting on its corpse, rather noisily.

Pierre

In the junk food aisle, attempting to acquire NUTRIENTS.

Jaume and Elizabeth

In the hardware section. Elizabeth is holding a newly acquired box of screws. Igor is making irritable sounds. Jaume is sitting in front of a pile of Junk.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2010, 08:50:18 am »

Forgot to strikeout the death ray. Although a toothed baton death ray would be badass.

Really, Josephus, he's had that as his reserve action. Should've looked better.

Also scriver, the word you're looking for is "electrify". "Electrolize" is a different process which you probably wouldn't like to do.
Aaah. Damned. I copied the text directly from my old post, so there was no coding remaining. Should've quoted instead.
You mean using electricity to "drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction"? Still sounds like a great weapon to me! ;)

edit: 'edit:' not found
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:07:53 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 40: The Survivors]
« Reply #752 on: September 08, 2010, 08:52:09 am »

It will be a zinc-plated baton with teeth.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:08 am »

It will be a zinc-plated baton with teeth.
Next up is installing some kind of trigger, so he can still poke things with it without it going of unless he wants it to. :D
Whoa.. That sentence got a little bit more cumbersome than I meant it to be.

Anyway, also pointing out the edit I did in above post, with my action. Aah, might as well repost it here:

Leave the junk for now, and head over to Cecilia and the creature, baton in hand.

It looks like Jaume's gonna have to find a really large bag, so he can cart everything around.
Love, scriver~

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:22 am »

awww, it's not what i'd hoped, oh well maby next time (evilgrin)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2010, 10:14:18 am »

More i need more sustenance Let's find some peanuts.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2010, 01:02:11 pm »

For now, Elizabeth will hang around Jaume, mostly because she is curious what kind of failed weapon shall be created from her alchemized baton.

-Just be careful, sweetheart. Don't break it. I didn't made it to see it get wasted.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2010, 02:33:10 pm »

Protect blob, try to make it my pet.

Soothe it with my voice more.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »

Talk to the people, ask if there's a doctor, and of the current situation (where the monsters came from, what the monsters are like, is there anyone important who is still missing, etc.)

EDIT for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:26:19 pm by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2010, 05:19:14 pm »

Okay, waiting for Flintus10.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2010, 07:36:42 pm »

Well I'll guess I'll investigate the sick girl's illness and see what can be done about it.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 09, 2010, 06:56:48 am »

Actions!

Leave the junk for now, and head over to Cecilia and the creature, baton in hand.
It looks like Jaume's gonna have to find a really large bag, so he can cart everything around.

No Roll Necessary

Taking Cassandra's warning to heart, Jaume heads over to the bathrooms slowly. He peeks in and sees Cecilia and the big inky thing, but does not yet enter.

More i need more sustenance Let's find some peanuts.

Result: Natural 6

Pierre tears through the junk food aisle like a dervish, sending packed goods flying everywhere and chip bags exploding into the air!

He then realizes that the peanuts would be in the nuts and canned goods aisle, not the junk food aisle. He heads over there and finds a one-kilogram bag of uncooked peanuts.

Robson peers out from the storage room, wondering who in the hells is making all that racket.

For now, Elizabeth will hang around Jaume, mostly because she is curious what kind of failed weapon shall be created from her alchemized baton.

-Just be careful, sweetheart. Don't break it. I didn't made it to see it get wasted.

No Roll Necessary

Elizabeth follows Jaume to the bathroom, but does not enter. Igor grumbles quietly, seemingly at the inky creature.

Talk to the people, ask if there's a doctor, and of the current situation (where the monsters came from, what the monsters are like, is there anyone important who is still missing, etc.)

EDIT for clarity.

Social Roll: 4 - 1 (equipment) - 1 (bloody) = 2

Cassandra approaches the nearest woman unerringly. However, the woman holds her child closer to her and shies away. It might be the fact that Cassandra is covered in (her own) blood, or maybe it's her sword, which appears to be pure evil.

Protect blob, try to make it my pet.

Soothe it with my voice more.

Social Roll: 3 + 1 (Moonchild)

Cecilia draws closer to the inky beast, lowering her submachine gun and being wary not to make any sudden moves, especially with the sword clipped to her side. She sticks out a power-armored hand and presses it to the strange creature's head. It starts, but relaxes slowly.

Strange. Cecilia thinks it won't harm her, at least. Can't say much for the others yet.

Well I'll guess I'll investigate the sick girl's illness and see what can be done about it.

Result: 5

"Robson said there's a sick girl down here?" asks Jane.

The huddled refugees say nothing, except for one. A woman steps forward timidly. "My daughter. She's been ill ever since this mess started. Are... are you a doctor?"

"Close enough," says Jane with a small smile.

The woman breathes a sigh of relief and leads Jane to the back, where there is a small cot...

Current Situation

Jane

The woman leads Jane to a cot where a small girl is lying asleep.

"Her name's Susie," says the woman, wringing her hands. "I've been so worried... Doc Hernandez went with the others and hasn't come back."

Jane gives the girl a look-over. She notices a splatter of black blood on her blouse.

Cassandra

Somewhat forlornly trying to persuade the people that she is not, in fact, a monster.

Jaume and Elizabeth

Standing outside the men's bathroom, watching Cecilia and the inky thing.

Cecilia

Befriending the inky thing. It is beginning to... purr? At any rate, it would be best not to make any movements. This thing is actually pretty scary up close.

Pierre

Standing in the canned goods and nuts aisle, wondering why this general store looks like a supermarket.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 41: Inky Beasts and Ill Girls]
« Reply #762 on: September 09, 2010, 07:45:30 am »

-Don't grumble, Igor. By the way, since when you can grumble? Anyway, time to get you some food.

Elizabeth opens the box of screws and puts it close to Igor.

-Eat them wrong way and you're done for.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 09, 2010, 07:59:23 am »

Well this black stuff is clearly what is cauusing the problem...I shall try to investigate the substance further.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 09, 2010, 08:48:55 am »

Now that i've got more protein, best use them. I'll stand guard at the outside door.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61