Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61

Author Topic: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 54: Fancy Meeting You Here.]  (Read 66718 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 38: Grocery Shopping?]
« Reply #735 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:15 pm »

Loo around for unspoiled food. Need those damn nutrients.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 07, 2010, 03:29:57 am »

I'll check out the storage room and see if i can piece together if anything unusual has happened here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 07, 2010, 04:28:12 am »

- So, let's try to find that living guy,I guess?
But first grab a random candy bar (god bless those preservatives), then find something to put on my feet! "Makeshift Sandals" out of cardboard, if nothing else. Gotta keep the theme.

Reserve action:

A use suitable JUNK in the store to create a death ray electrolize the Toothed Baton, or rather, making it chock people when they're hit by it, and preferably not myself.

Movement Roll: 4 - 1 (lame) = 3
It fills my heart with sorrow to see my character get a penalty for being lame. He is a cool dude, dammit! He has a Spanish Catalan name! That's also a Stealth Pun! :'(

@Sean:
Fan art! Thanks! :P
Love, scriver~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:08 am »

-Bad Igor! Away with your tentacles! Noodles are mine.

Procure a bag of noodles, keep it away from the tentacle armor. Then look around for a cherry lipstick. Look for children.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 07, 2010, 11:00:02 am »

Action!

- So, let's try to find that living guy,I guess?
But first grab a random candy bar (god bless those preservatives), then find something to put on my feet! "Makeshift Sandals" out of cardboard, if nothing else. Gotta keep the theme.

Result: 3

Jaume makes his way into the store, grabbing a candy bar off the shelf and stuffing it in his back pocket. He also finds in a display ACTION! Sandals, the brand of choice for rugged outdoorsmen! He takes them and snaps them on. These are some nicely built sandals.

Repeat last Action

Result: 5 - 1 (previous) = 4

Cassandra reaches out with her senses, fighting past the explosion of color. She senses not merely one, but a multitude of people in the storage room!

Loo around for unspoiled food. Need those damn nutrients.

No roll necessary

Without any complications, because his armor is not, in fact, psychotic and betentacled, Pierre grabs a pack of noodles and shoves it in his satchel. He also grabs a bag of Potato Chip brand potato chips and stuffs that in the satchel as well. No sense in wasting good junk food. Although these noodles will be problematic to cook.

-Bad Igor! Away with your tentacles! Noodles are mine.

Procure a bag of noodles, keep it away from the tentacle armor. Then look around for a cherry lipstick. Look for children.

Result: Natural 1

Quietly berating Igor, her black suit, Elizabeth again tries to acquire a pack of noodles. The armor reaches out and tears the pack open, absorbing the noodles. Oops.

Result: 5

Elizabeth then heads down another aisle, and lo and behold! Makeup! She takes one of the cherry #3 lipstick tubes. The suit does not eat it, since it is quite hard.

Sneak into a bathroom.

Stealth Roll: 2 + 1 (moonchild) + 1 (huntress) + 1 (Promethean upgrade) = 5

Cecilia slips into the men's bathroom unnoticed. Thankfully.

In the darkness there is a hulking, sleek black shape. It does not appear to have noticed her. It is eating something that looks like it used to be human...

I'll check out the storage room and see if i can piece together if anything unusual has happened here.

No roll necessary

Jane advances to the storage room, pushing the door open. She takes one step and stops cold.

"You go any further and ah'll blow your head off, freak." says a voice.

Current Situation

Pierre, Jaume, and Cassandra

By the junk food aisle. Pierre is messing with the junk food excitedly. Nutrients are nutrients, after all.

Jane

The gun lowers. "You 'ent one of them monsters, you're a lady!" says a man's voice.

"Very perceptive of you," says Jane wanly.

A battery-operated torch flicks on, revealing a man in his forties with a hunting rifle. "Ah apologize for my threats, ma'am. You see, we're on edge. The town's gone straight to hell and we don't know why. Monsters come outta nowhere and start killin people left and right."

Jane looks around curiously. "We?"

"I got a trapdoor built in this here storage room fer my larger shipments, but right now, I've got a bunch of scared neighbors down there. I been goin' out and rescuin' as many as ah can, but it's gettin' dark, and there's something in the men's bathroom I don't want to mess with."

Jane considers this information. "How many people have you saved?"

The man shrugs. "Maybe twenty, I didn't really make a head count. The moms is tellin' their kids that daddy'll be home soon, but a lot of the town's men ain't comin back anytime. S'what they get for all their willy-wavin'. I'm Robson, by the way."

The man proffers his hand. Jane takes it, surprised. "Jane, Jane Sears."

"Well, Miz Sears," says Robson. "I gotta shepherd my flock, if you don't mind. The less noise we make, the better. I seen some big ones out there, bigger'n a bear and twice as mean. You in your fancy suit could probably handle 'em, but me, all I got is my balls and this here rifle. Be seein' ya, ma'am."

The man heads back to the storage crate on which he had been sitting and lays his rifle across his knees. Jane finds herself wondering what a man with a vaguely Southern accent is doing in what appears to be the Canadian wilderness.

Elizabeth

Browsing the makeup aisle, sorting through the eyeliner.

Cecilia

Standing not far behind a huge thing that is eating a person ohmygod.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:02:49 am by Josephus »
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Project Twilight [Round 39: Bathroom Bogies and a Southern Shepherd]
« Reply #740 on: September 07, 2010, 11:05:47 am »

Eat nutrients, transform them in abdominal muscle using exercise ! Puch baddies is okay too.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 07, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »

-What is it, Igor? Not liking the lipstick? But of course you like it.

Elizabeth tortures Igor my applying lipstick on it, making emoticons. Then it's time to end fooling around, and she looks around for box of needles, screws or any other, small and sharp objects. Full box, single items won't do.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 07, 2010, 02:26:30 pm »

Talk to the thing.

If it does something bad, it can expect a head called shot.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 07, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »

Eat nutrients, inform other d00dz of the d00d trying to help his buddehs, If I can go to help 'im out, ask for a doctor if there's one there
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 07, 2010, 07:25:48 pm »

Head below and investigate the people hiding.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 07, 2010, 07:32:41 pm »

Is that thing in the bathroom what i think/hope it is?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:11 pm »

Possibly. Or it might be the Hulk. Who knows?

Waiting for scriver
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 08, 2010, 04:12:01 am »

A use suitable JUNK in the store to create a death ray electrolize the Toothed Baton, or rather, making it chock people when they're hit by it, and preferably not myself.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:43:32 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 08, 2010, 04:27:36 am »

Forgot to strikeout the death ray. Although a toothed baton death ray would be badass.

Really, Josephus, he's had that as his reserve action. Should've looked better.

Also scriver, the word you're looking for is "electrify". "Electrolize" is a different process which you probably wouldn't like to do.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:29:26 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 08, 2010, 04:33:11 am »

Yeah, I totally should go back to my practice of stashing everyone's action/reserve posts in one place so that I can reference them more easily.

Running turn shortly
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 61