Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't you love experiencing children?  (Read 2395 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Don't you love experiencing children?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:58 am »

We all know it doesn't actually mean pedophilia, but the implication is obvious. Either way, it was pretty funny and I am glad he shared it.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »

It doesn't really matter what they do or don't mean, anyway. This type of lip service is pretty much the only thing that differentiates DF religions at the moment, so it's not really an issue.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »

Well, aside from the fact that i didnt hear about any rl empire, which would, ehm `experience children` on daily basis - yes.

Romans or the Greeks. Can't remember which. Maybe both.

Greeks, all the time. Read Hiero the Tyrant by Xenophon. After discussing the problems with women, Hiero straight up asks, (paraphrase) "And what about sex with boys?" Can't remember what Simonides says in response, but I believe he said sex with boys was more positive than sex with women. And that is why the Greeks are fucked up.

I think the samurai also had a formal institution for it (called shudo), but I'm not sure if that involved any actual children.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 07:48:21 pm »

Well, aside from the fact that i didnt hear about any rl empire, which would, ehm `experience children` on daily basis - yes.

Romans or the Greeks. Can't remember which. Maybe both.

Greeks, all the time. Read Hiero the Tyrant by Xenophon. After discussing the problems with women, Hiero straight up asks, (paraphrase) "And what about sex with boys?" Can't remember what Simonides says in response, but I believe he said sex with boys was more positive than sex with women. And that is why the Greeks are fucked up.

I think the samurai also had a formal institution for it (called shudo), but I'm not sure if that involved any actual children.

That was probably because the Greeks were so chauvinistic that they thought women were beneath their attention except when absolutely necessary.

Yeah they were not right in the head.
Tis a Dwarven Curse to wish Water upon thy enemies, something like "May all yer Ale Barrels run dry and yer tongue always taste water."

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 10:11:25 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

Not that it's any better, but you're mistaking Pedophilia with  Pederasty.   Also it was only allowed to be non-penetrative.   If there was penetration involved it was wrong,  Yes the Greeks were fucked up.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 03:12:49 pm »

Don't forget the Ottoman Empire. Also, depending on what you considered commonplace and an empire, there are many pedophiles that currently live and work as priests in the Catholic church, hence the recent scandal in Ireland.

Edit:

Derailing may not have been my original intention, I am sorry. I just thought I needed to make that point.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:05:05 am by Owlbread »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 04:02:21 pm »

Don't forget the Ottoman Empire. Also, depending on what you considered commonplace and an empire, there are many pedophiles that currently live and work as priests in the Catholic church, hence the recent scandal in Ireland.

Please don't turn this into that kind of thread. I know it's fun to derail into that direction and get yourself popcorn...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 05:38:47 pm »

"Recent"?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 [2]