Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well this is gonna be fun  (Read 2745 times)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well this is gonna be fun
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 06:20:04 pm »

Pull the lever!
*falls into a lake with alligators*

WRONG LEVER!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 09:30:30 am »

Turns out SOMETHING is holding the fortress up. And no, it's not that cave-ins are off. there's probably a ramp/staircase somewhere holding it up, or I'm misreading the map. the "."s designate a hole, don't they?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »

. (period) is a piece of ground. When it's a hole, the . is in the exact center of the tile.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 07:53:38 pm »

the "." IS in the exact center. there aren't any visible supports. the bridge is up.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 09:20:20 pm »

the "." IS in the exact center. there aren't any visible supports. the bridge is up.

Screenshots.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:01 pm »

*facepalm*

You guys know there is an init setting that allows for floating structures, right?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:45 pm »

*facepalm*

You guys know there is an init setting that allows for floating structures, right?
And no, it's not that cave-ins are off.

I'm betting it's a small tree or inopportune ramp.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean what I think it means, but hot damn that's an awesome word.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 08:43:33 am »

and now I will be accused with faking it because the save corrupted. Bad luck, no screenies. Oh well, time to try again. (i believe that a ramp was holding it up)

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »

faker
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 01:56:56 am »

*facepalm*

I do not know of this setting.

Also:
Got it again. Floating on a bridge. But this is only half built.

Shortly after this screenshot, a section of strip mine collapsed, killing all the dwarves.
FUN
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:37:33 am by lolghurt »

nervousmigrants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 10:51:28 am »

It's not the bridge, it's the square diagonal to the ninety degree turn in the yellow wall near the bottom right of the structure.  Alternatively, were I a skeptical person, it may be supported from below or off-screen.
GENERATION ALEPH-NULL:  The first time you see this on any forum, go troll someone with your signature.  Social experiment.

Mynoris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 11:29:43 am »

Pull the lever!
*falls into a lake with alligators*

WRONG LEVER!

Why do we even HAVE that lever?! ;)  :-*
I have weird, teleporting dwarven doppelgangers!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 04:10:04 am »

It's not the bridge, it's the square diagonal to the ninety degree turn in the yellow wall near the bottom right of the structure.  Alternatively, were I a skeptical person, it may be supported from below or off-screen.
Oops, cut the screenie off too soon. That tile is the least tile, and there are further blank squares. This fort died when i accidentally unbuilt the bridge. Time for more testing as to how the physics (don't) work.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 07:07:54 am »

So, no screenshots of epic one-lever-pull death? :( I am disappointed ???
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:09:55 am by Dariush »

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 08:14:50 am »

Well, I pulled the bridge and nil happened. Thne I accidentally unbuild the bridge instead of the lever.
*Cave-in*
*More cave-in*
*Urist McStupid has died*
*Urist McMason has died*
etc.
Leaving me with a single dorf, Urist McLegendary, who has fallen four z-levels and only has a broken hand.

EDIT: I also crushed a full trade Depot. They were angry. Urist McLegendary fended off the ENTIRE FREAKING SIEGE ON HER OWN.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:05:52 am by lolghurt »

Pages: 1 [2]