Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109718 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2010, 08:50:20 pm »

Look at iPick and NSBM.  You want to know who I am?  There you have it.  You can also look at the end of BMIX, if you want.  That's a brutally honest picture.

Time to go eat dinner.  I'll come back when I'm feeling less homocidal.  This may be after I've slept and watched kitten videos, but I will do a deep read on this game, and I will have a case on someone.

What do you think of Spartan?

I haven't been paying as much attention as I should have, but I think he's been vote-hopping like a dog in a blender factory.  Looks like hilariously bad scum.  I'll have to poke him/read more into his posts to find out if he's a jester or just a scumbag.  At the moment I'm leaning towards scum, though.

On other things, what is your read of Toonyman's request of being night killed?

If you mean me, then I don't have a bloody clue.  I've been turning it over in my head for days, and I still can't figure out what the purpose is.  Scum?  Don't think so.  He's not playing his scum game, nowhere near it.  He's not playing his jester game, either, and I don't think this looks like Toony as a survivor...

So, I think he's a townie with some sort of weird power.  Maybe he needs to survive n days, maybe he actually does want to be night-killed.  I don't know.  His statement about how the town will have no troubles after the scum kills him sounds a bit like he doesn't know scum would be watching, or that he's slipping and his intents are darker than I'm suspecting.

Need to think about it more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament... [NEEDS REPLACEMENT]
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2010, 08:57:45 pm »

And what do you mean about a smokescreen? If you're implying that we both could be scum then please come out and say it
I think that what he is essentially doing is WIFOM. There's no way of actually determining his intentions, and if he is being sincere, he knows that there is no way that scum will follow his advice. Its not helpful to town, and frankly I don't like it.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2010, 08:59:56 pm »

Look at iPick and NSBM.  You want to know who I am?  There you have it.  You can also look at the end of BMIX, if you want.  That's a brutally honest picture.
I did, which is why I arrogantly feel that I know your meta enough to vote you for it. I'm still reading through BMIX -- wonderful flavour, that; thanks for finishing it. I also read Rysh(?)'s semi-bastard, and your extensive scum chat there. That was quite a game, with some common elements with what has transpired today.

But I will not harass you anymore today Vector. I do hope you feel better tomorrow.

If you mean me, then I don't have a bloody clue.  I've been turning it over in my head for days, and I still can't figure out what the purpose is.  Scum?  Don't think so.  He's not playing his scum game, nowhere near it.  He's not playing his jester game, either, and I don't think this looks like Toony as a survivor...

So, I think he's a townie with some sort of weird power.  Maybe he needs to survive n days, maybe he actually does want to be night-killed.  I don't know.  His statement about how the town will have no troubles after the scum kills him sounds a bit like he doesn't know scum would be watching, or that he's slipping and his intents are darker than I'm suspecting.

I meant Eduren, but your read is useful too. Thanks.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2010, 09:00:59 pm »

@Eduren:
How is it WIFOM to you?  I would think only somebody who can night kill would think it's WIFOM.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:02 pm »

I don't know how laid back your previous mafia experiences were, but this place has become pretty cool about people blowing off the game for a day, even if that includes posting elsewhere.

If you're voting her for lurking there are plenty of lurkier people to choose from.

If you're voting her for meta reasons, then I suggest you at least play a full game with people before you try to make those evaluations of them.
Are you hurt that she chose Toonyman over you as scum partner? Or do you think it was just a smokescreen to shield you?
Lame rhetorical question is lame and rhetorical.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2010, 09:29:50 pm »

But I will not harass you anymore today Vector. I do hope you feel better tomorrow.
If you are meaning to unvote here, you just say "Unvote". Or if you want to be nice to the mod, you can say "Unvote Vector".

@Eduren:
How is it WIFOM to you?  I would think only somebody who can night kill would think it's WIFOM.
It's WIFOM because it confuses anybody trying to read your alignment. It is along the lines of "Would scum do this?" and the answer fluctuates between "No, its draws too much attention" and "Yes, he's taking a refuge in audacity".
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2010, 09:31:28 pm »

"Yes, he's taking a refuge in audacity".
He's obviously doing this or is a Jester. There is no alternative.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2010, 09:33:42 pm »

Overused meme is overused.

Hi Zai. A question for you -- if you were scum, would you use your night kill on toonyman? If not, who would be your preferred target as of now?

If you are meaning to unvote here, you just say "Unvote". Or if you want to be nice to the mod, you can say "Unvote Vector".

No, my vote is fine where it is. It was reiteration and reinforcement.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »

@Eduren:
Unless you're scum, in which case...

Well, you can see how it works.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »

@Eduren:
It's WIFOM because it confuses anybody trying to read your alignment. It is along the lines of "Would scum do this?" and the answer fluctuates between "No, its draws too much attention" and "Yes, he's taking a refuge in audacity".
It confuses you, the one that didn't disprove my night kill claim on you.

"Yes, he's taking a refuge in audacity".
He's obviously doing this or is a Jester. There is no alternative.
No I'm not, enough with the labels on ToonyMan through all his games.

@Eduren:
Unless you're scum, in which case...

Well, you can see how it works.
I'm not seeing it.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:54 pm »

Overused meme is overused.

Hi Zai. A question for you -- if you were scum, would you use your night kill on toonyman? If not, who would be your preferred target as of now?
Don't know what you're talking about with the overused meme bit.

Fuck no I wouldn't. He's obviously Taking RIA as town/SK/other 3rd party, is a Jester trying to get himself lynched (and power to him; in Web's previous games, he hasn't had Jesters winning end the game, which means, if he gets lynched, the overall Non-Mafia to Mafia ratio goes down), or is legitimately trying to get himself NKed as an exploder. Any way, he'll probably get himself lynched.

I don't know who I would NK as scum. I'd have to think about it when I have more energy. Remind me tomorrow if you still care.

[PPE:] I'm not labeling you, TM, so you can get the fudge.

WEB: Can I get an EXTENSION in here?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

Don't know what "getting the fudge" means.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2010, 09:51:40 pm »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:04 pm »

Fudge is never bad, ounless you fudge something, then it's bad

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:37 pm »

Don't know what "getting the fudge" means.
Here you go.
I'm getting fudge recipes, so I'll assume you have no idea what you're saying.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53