Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109723 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament... [NEEDS REPLACEMENT]
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2010, 07:10:25 pm »

Sorry guys, my Internet broke. I do need a replacement. I hope I can get it fixed soon.
I actually found one.

Zathras is replacing Criptfeind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2010, 07:13:28 pm »

Yeah, sorry about the lack of activity from me--I'm feeling under the weather and have been pretty busy working.

In any case, unvote.  I'll be back as soon as I can to do a wide scan on everything that's transpired thus far.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2010, 07:14:46 pm »

Hello Zathras, how are you today ?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2010, 07:27:17 pm »

Hello Zathras, how are you today ?

Yeah! I'm in! Hullos and how-do-you-dos all around. I'm quite fine, thanks.

I've been reading the thread before the replacement need arrived, and just made a reread, so I hope to hit the ground running. I'm a newcomer to the forums; I've played a couple of mafia games elsewhere, but none here other than the running BMXIV.

My thoughts so far.

- Toonyman. Interesting move asking to be night killed. He has, however, used it as a tool to avoid doing anything useful, which is bad for town.
- Spartan. Vote hopping, lack of real scumhunting -- lots of talking about it, though -- seems in favour of lynching anyone but him.
- Eduren. Extreme lurking, attempting to remain unnoticed.

And above all, Vector. I don't buy her "I'm busy" story. I've read a fair number of old games, and she always manages to post at least once every 24hrs when town, even if life's a bitch, but will vanish for days until challenged when she's scum.

Hey Vector, would you prefer Toonyman or Eduren as scum partner? why?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2010, 07:33:47 pm »

Hello Zathras!  Your avatar and post have sold me that you're a competent player, good.

Now for your suspicions, if the mafia kill me town should have no problems for the rest of the game.  I'm not some jester, jesters want to be lynched.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2010, 07:50:37 pm »

And above all, Vector. I don't buy her "I'm busy" story. I've read a fair number of old games, and she always manages to post at least once every 24hrs when town, even if life's a bitch, but will vanish for days until challenged when she's scum.

You're wrong--I've received a fair number of prods as town in my day.  Lurking is unusual, yeah, but it actually does happen.  Like today, when I'm feeling sick, and yesterday, which I spent blindingly angry.  But anyway, I'm doing what I can to answer things as they come.

ToonyMan plays like a weasel on crack, and when he's scum he plays like a subdued weasel.  I think he'd be easier to distance from, though, which would be good.  It also helps that most people seem to be unable to read his game.  On the other hand, he's easily frustrated and starts acting crazier when people press him.

Eduren is a bit more rational, but has a notoriously bad scum game.  I don't remember it ever being truly transparent, really, but others have commented on it.  I think that in general, he could become easier to work with--but he's always been fairly easy to trap.  By the way, my guess is that he's rolled up survivor again, or some other flavor of third party (guessing from BYOR3 meta).

Meh.  ToonyMan.  I may find him easy to read, but from what everyone else says he's probably not too transparent for others.  I'll admit that I can't figure out what in the hell he's doing right now, though.

Fuck I need sleep and possibly painkillers.

Extension.  I really need to look back on everything, and I'm too bloody worn out to do it right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:01 pm »

You're wrong--I've received a fair number of prods as town in my day.  Lurking is unusual, yeah, but it actually does happen.  Like today, when I'm feeling sick, and yesterday, which I spent blindingly angry.  But anyway, I'm doing what I can to answer things as they come.

Yeah.... No. That story would fly, if you hadn't been active, and posting dozens of times in the last day or two, while leaving this game entirely untouched. I don't buy it.

Vector, ma'am, you are scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 1: Interesting Predicament...
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »

She's talking about her whole entire mafia game career, I think.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2010, 08:11:42 pm »

Yeah.... No. That story would fly, if you hadn't been active, and posting dozens of times in the last day or two, while leaving this game entirely untouched. I don't buy it.

Vector, ma'am, you are scum.
I don't know how laid back your previous mafia experiences were, but this place has become pretty cool about people blowing off the game for a day, even if that includes posting elsewhere.

If you're voting her for lurking there are plenty of lurkier people to choose from.

If you're voting her for meta reasons, then I suggest you at least play a full game with people before you try to make those evaluations of them.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:57 pm »

You fucking moron.  Who in the hell do you think you are, asshat?  We're in the middle of a heatwave (it's 105 F), I've been violently arguing with my mom for two days straight, I'm under heavy fire in a game elsewhere, and I haven't spoken to anyone outside my immediate family for something like three weeks (just the beginning of a 5-month period of such)--so screw me if I feel like sitting around instead of combing through pages of you bastards' posts for hours when my head is swimming.  Screw me if I deem something else more important, like reading comics or socializing with people online.

Yes!  I'm lurking, and posting elsewhere.  Yes!  I really shouldn't--but who gives a flying shit on a tricycle?  Fuck off and leave me in peace before I give you something to cry about.  Ask me questions and I'll try to answer them, but seriously, don't be a shithead.

PPE:
I don't know how laid back your previous mafia experiences were, but this place has become pretty cool about people blowing off the game for a day, even if that includes posting elsewhere.

If you're voting her for lurking there are plenty of lurkier people to choose from.

If you're voting her for meta reasons, then I suggest you at least play a full game with people before you try to make those evaluations of them.

I should have probably been calmer and said something like this.  Sorry for losing my temper.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2010, 08:20:07 pm »

oh wow, o people, i guess it be better to dooze off for a bit,

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »

Fair points both. I do have lurkier people on my sights (you), and I am voting her primarily for meta reasons in our first common game, but I think the evidence supports it for now. It is also useful to see who jumps onto her defense. Are you hurt that she chose Toonyman over you as scum partner? Or do you think it was just a smokescreen to shield you?

You fucking moron.  Who in the hell do you think you are, asshat?  We're in the middle of a heatwave (it's 105 F)...

See, I don't buy it. I don't think you are the kind of person that would fly off the handle because someone you don't know has voted you on a game of mafia for questionable reasons. It is rather an attempt at intimidation of the newbie. "If I yell at him loud enough, he'll go away; let's make everyone avert their eyes by spewing profanities". No.

Sorry Vector. It's very warm where I am too, and the AC is broken. It sucks. I hope you feel better. But I still think you are scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

You fucking moron.  Who in the hell do you think you are, asshat?  We're in the middle of a heatwave (it's 105 F), I've been violently arguing with my mom for two days straight, I'm under heavy fire in a game elsewhere, and I haven't spoken to anyone outside my immediate family for something like three weeks (just the beginning of a 5-month period of such)--so screw me if I feel like sitting around instead of combing through pages of you bastards' posts for hours when my head is swimming.  Screw me if I deem something else more important, like reading comics or socializing with people online.

Yes!  I'm lurking, and posting elsewhere.  Yes!  I really shouldn't--but who gives a flying shit on a tricycle?  Fuck off and leave me in peace before I give you something to cry about.  Ask me questions and I'll try to answer them, but seriously, don't be a shithead.

PPE:

I should have probably been calmer and said something like this.  Sorry for losing my temper.
Jegus, RAEG VECTOR IS RAEG.

What do you think of Spartan?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2010, 08:40:08 pm »

Fair points both. I do have lurkier people on my sights (you), and I am voting her primarily for meta reasons in our first common game, but I think the evidence supports it for now. It is also useful to see who jumps onto her defense. Are you hurt that she chose Toonyman over you as scum partner? Or do you think it was just a smokescreen to shield you?
I totally understand her choice of Toonyman. He is incredibly adept at active-lurking and can generally get away with a lot.

And what do you mean about a smokescreen? If you're implying that we both could be scum then please come out and say it
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2010, 08:43:39 pm »

And what do you mean about a smokescreen? If you're implying that we both could be scum then please come out and say it

Yes, that was the implication, and I did say it on my original post. Vector, you, Toonyman and Spartan are my likey-to-be-scum list right now.

On other things, what is your read of Toonyman's request of being night killed?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53