Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1507761 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #930 on: January 26, 2011, 12:15:36 am »

You could have suspended the render fat task. The game doesn't care whether it's suspended or not, so long as one is queued up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 26, 2011, 02:05:11 am »

Dear Urist McPossessed Armorsmith:

I'm quite pleased that, while your best skill was something like threshing, you mooded in something useful! I just... wish you'd made something more useful than a single gauntlet, nice though it is.

Hope you continue to enjoy all the hauling,
The Overseer.

Dear Gods of Dwarven Possession:

A weaponsmith, then an armorer? You guys suck more than the dwarf who went legendary making our artifact dog bone door. :(

Disappointedly,
The Overseer.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Corwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 26, 2011, 08:48:08 am »

Dear Urist McGemcutter,

Rather, shall I say, legendary gemcutter.  Your work is awe inspiring.  I am amazed we actually had enough sunstones to make a coffin out of.  I wish I had the foresight to keep some expensive materials nearby but this will really liven up a tomb.

And yes, you're welcome, no need to thank me for the foresight to remember to pack some turtles for this excursion's food stores so we could have shells in a special stockpile. 

Either they'd be artifact components or turtle shell ashtrays.  Good choice.

~The administration.

eepkeep

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Yawner
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 26, 2011, 10:51:03 am »

Dear Urist McGhost,

I am deeply saddened to hear that you have been rejected entrance to the afterlife due to a lack of proper burial. However, that is no excuse to pester all the other dwarves who did not lack the mental capacity to refrain from standing under a deploying drawbridge. Hopefully you will understand and stop wandering around our water cistern.

Yours,
Tireanvil Administration
Eepkeep cancels Build signature: Needs creativity

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:50 am »

hint: try a slab  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hivemind

• Bay Watcher
  • PEEKABOO.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:45 pm »

Dear Urist McGhost,

I am deeply saddened to hear that you have been rejected entrance to the afterlife due to a lack of proper burial. However, that is no excuse to pester all the other dwarves who did not lack the mental capacity to refrain from standing under a deploying drawbridge. Hopefully you will understand and stop wandering around our water cistern.

Yours,
Tireanvil Administration

Run him through the atomizer again. See if ghosts can be flattened, for !science!
Socks.  Lots and lots of socks.  It's the greatest Dwarven vice of all, outstripping alcohol by several orders of magnitude: the desire to own and haul as many feet-warming tubes of cloth as possible.
It's the tent of Hilarious Flying Shenanigans!  Everyone's favorite circus.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 26, 2011, 12:12:14 pm »

they can't. has been tested.
however it seems that bezerk dwarves can kill them. try retaining an elven caravan until they go bezerk. wait.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 26, 2011, 12:19:13 pm »

Fell dwarves can murder ghosts. Somehow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 26, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »

yeah that too. i saw that post also.

beserk (with a Z!) dwarves seem to also be able to do it... ghosts ran away anyways.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 26, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »

Dear Broker,
  How long are you going to sit in there drinking? We need you to get over the the trade depot to trade our shiny things for the dwarven caravan's shiny thing.

Dear Mayor-who-is-also-in-the-military,
  While military grunt training may not be the most... mentally stabilizing experience, but getting halfway to your office with the liason, suddenly shouting "EARRING IN THE WORKSHOP!!", tackling the liason as if to protect him, then charging to the nearby craft workshop, grabbing said earring and slamming into a nearby wooden bin, then standing on top of it as if to keep the lid closed in case it exploded is not the most socially acceptable thing to do.
  Furthermore, I have disabled your hauling labors, so why are you still hauling things?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 26, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner,

You say you like working outdoors? Howsabout working outdoors inside? No? How about working outside covered in magma? You don't like the outdoors so much now, eh?

Yours dwarfily,

The Supreme Lord of all Bomrek Dalzat.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 26, 2011, 05:27:25 pm »

Imiknorris, I've been wondering about this for a while. Your avatar is very familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on where I've seen it from. Could you tell me what that is from?
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Foolproof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 26, 2011, 11:58:09 pm »

Imiknorris, I've been wondering about this for a while. Your avatar is very familiar, but I can't quite place my finger on where I've seen it from. Could you tell me what that is from?

Its snowbeat from SE++

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 27, 2011, 08:36:51 am »

Dear Dwarves of KissedMansions*,

When I assign one of you to be militia commander, I do not appreciate it when, immediately after picking up your equipment, you decide to go one break. That Giant Cave Crab** won't kill itself.

Signed, your cheesed off overlord.

*Randomly generated! I swear!

**Legendary Lands mod.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:00 am »

Dear dwarves of Doortax,

you're actually all doing pretty well. We're hard at work strip-mining the cavern that one of the miners discovered (bless 'em all), and the riches are just flowing in. Just a few points.

1. Stop running into the hospital and dragging the patients back to their beds while the doctors are STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF SURGERY. I mean, really?

2. We're building a cleaning pit in the middle of one of the main hallways so that you'll no longer have to whine about not being allowed to use the soap in the hospital.

3. Please clean that minotaur, dwarf, and goblin blood off the wall near the mason's workshop. It's starting to coagulate and smell bad, and you know how hard it is to get blood off limestone.

4. A note specifically to the countess - you forbid the exportation of large cut gems just when the human trade caravan showed up. If your next mandate is "gem windows in me bedroom", we're throwing you off the melancholy/execution tower.

5. Urist McTresher, if there's a report about a giant toad in the stairwell, don't run down there to make friends with it. You're lucky you only got a few bruises...'cuz we're short on tombs.

6. To the goblin prisoners, stop yelling. We'll execute you soon enough.

7. To the medical dwarves, how come your surgery doesn't seem to be fixing the wounded up any?

8. To the countess, I know it's hard being both the broker AND the countess with a liaison and a caravan here, as WELL as being one of our legendary miners, but, really. Priorities, ma'am. Caravan first, liaison second, digging third.

9. To those who have entered fey moods before, what's the idea? It's all shit like jewelry that we can't even trade away, and one legendary limestone mechanism. The menacing limestone spikes on that are aesthetically pleasing, but the mechanic has complained about using it. It was going to be the centerpiece for our goblin pit trap, but then it wasn't.

10. To the olm men civilization that is apparently in our caverns, where are you guys? We're lookin' to kill you all, and if you keep hiding like wusses, well, that's just not very sporting of you.

11. To the goblins of Zuslenako, the East Torments (good name, by the way), just stop trying. Seriously. You will never get past our cage traps. If you even MAKE it that far, because your human companions seem to be turning on and slaughtering most of you when your ambushes show up, sending you all scattering, as soon as they see our fort and decide "fuck these gobbos, I'm gonna live with the dwarves". Sure, most of the time they get their limbs brutally chopped off as well, but come on. Get a hobby. Start a family. Anything but just showing up at the edge of our territory and starting to infight.

12. To the kobolds of Traljeembis, why've you stopped coming? Our war dogs could use the exercise. They're getting big and fat. Tell you what, though. We can be friends. We have a very nice, big, expansive cave you'd feel right at home in. What? No, this is not an elaborate ploy to get you guys and the olm men (and all other sorts of nasty critters that may be down there) to wipe eachother out. Come on, we'll give you some nice crafts for your trouble! If you survive.

13. To the elves of Ithiile Midebi, the Golden-Pear of Vises, stop bringing us your useless wooden shit. Know what we want? Booze. Booze and maybe some animals we can train into war beasts. Maybe a li'l bit of food. Other than that, seriously, nothing you have interests us. Except maybe if you bring some golden pears. We'd like those.

14. To the humans of Gosathdur, the Barricaded Empire, you might want to improve your barricades a little. The goblins have so many of your guys that I'm fairly sure the humans will have displaced them within the next human lifespan. Which, admittedly, if your barricades are shitty enough to let those goblin thieves through, can't be that long.

15. To the kobolds of Trajleembis, again, are you sure you don't want to be friends? We've got this stuff called "alcohol" I'm sure you'd like.

16. To the Mountainhomes, how about sending a Dungeon Master our way? We could kinda use one.

17. To the kobolds of Trajleembis, again: pretty please with sugar and a []limestone figurine of kobolds[] on top?

18. To the semi-megabeast of the surroundings, we've already killed that one Ettin and the minotaur. Something-or-other the Dreamy Shark. Yeah, odd title, I know. I'm just sending you this letter to assure you, no, you will not get past our defences.

19. Dear Urists McMiner, how about digging out that 1X1 channel I designated in the main hallway? Seriously, the dwarves are starting to reek. Covered in blood, pus, mud, all that fun stuff.

20. To Urist McSmelter, hurry it up with those goddamn steel bars, will ya? I'll have you slain.

21. To the kobolds of blah blah blah, once more: and a []steel dagger[]?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 504