Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511041 times)

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4335 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

Dear Uristmcnewborn

Go back into that cave you crawled out if

Signed Uristmcspearmasterwoman

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:45 pm »

Dear Uristmcnewborn

Go back into that cave you crawled out if

Signed Uristmcspearmasterwoman
EWW D:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: September 20, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »

He meant the fortress. :)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: September 20, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »

Attention: All past, present, and future Urist McFishermen,

The fortress of Goldflash is in the middle of a terrifying rocky wasteland. There is no water. None. Therefore, there are no fish of any sort for you to catch. If you insist on coming to Goldflash, you will be left outside where you witness firsthand our beautiful and deadly cursed ash clouds that blow across the desert.

Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: September 20, 2012, 05:44:27 pm »

No!  You have no right to throw a tantrum because your friend died of thirst when there's THREE different kinds of booze and a well!  If you're bored, help with these construction jobs that have been inactive for a month... but STOP PUNCHING THE MAYOR!

Oh great, now the mayor's throwing a temper tantrum...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: September 20, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »

Dear 'Urist';

I'm speaking as a friend here, not your overseer.  I care about your wellbeing, specially in this young fort where your mining skills are essential.
  How in the world did you break both wrists?  You were on a desolate surface dvoid of life.  You were digging an exploratory tunnel in dirt to find our regional borders.  You were unconcious for almost a week!  What's up mate?  How did you do it?  Do I want to know?

Regards,
OS
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: September 20, 2012, 07:39:06 pm »

Dear Uristmclazyasschildwhodoesnothingbuteatallthefood
I think you are all special but you need to go do something else other than sitting around eating my food!

I love you all
OS

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: September 20, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »

Attention: All past, present, and future Urist McFishermen,

The fortress of Goldflash is in the middle of a terrifying rocky wasteland. There is no water. None. Therefore, there are no fish of any sort for you to catch. If you insist on coming to Goldflash, you will be left outside where you witness firsthand our beautiful and deadly cursed ash clouds that blow across the desert.
Dear Overseer,
There's fish in them thar cavern lakes!
Urists McFishermen

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4343 on: September 20, 2012, 10:24:30 pm »

Dear Urist McRomney,

47% of you went one way, 53% went the other. You will never be mayor now.

-dwarven electorate

FWIW, I lol'ed  :D

Dear dorfs lost today to the GCS,

A good attempt, but alas, neither of you was prepared in any way.  Urist McFormerRecruitTurnedHammerdorfOnTheSpot avenged your deathsa, and you were properly interred.  Your spouses don't seem too perturbed, given the engravings and artifacts all over the fort.

the Overseer of Firegears
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: September 21, 2012, 02:28:36 am »

Dear UristMcMiner

When I tell you to mine a square, I expect you to take the shortest route, not walk around the giant cavern lake and uncover a forgotten nasty that should have forever remained forgotten on the other side.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: September 21, 2012, 05:18:50 am »

Dear Military Commander

When I tell you to gather your troops and lead them into battle I don't mean equip them with training weapons and hide in a corner until the fighting's over.

Yours sincerely That Dude Who Is Possibly Armok. ( or TDWIPA for short.)
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: September 21, 2012, 12:30:12 pm »

Dear Urist McTantrum,
  Just because you're pissed about being called to duty when a Deep Crow or some other eldritch abombination attacks, and your pet pekyt is killed in the ensuing battle, it's no reason to destroy the trade depot, with two groups of traders from two really awesome civs there(especially AFTER we've given them some stuff for being awesome). I've removed you from the military(partly because unhappy dwarf+steel short sword=Fun), pending a proper execution. Possibly having some of the "stolen" items dropped on your head.
Sincerely,
Overseer.

Dear Dunedwellers,
  You guys are awesome. Coming in you kill a cobra. While there you kill three black bears. Going out you kill several more snakes. Next time, you helped take out two goblin ambushes. The time after that, you helped take down a Bronze Colossus. Here, have the statue it left behind. You earned it.
Sincerely,
Overseer.

PS: Sorry about McTantrum there. Know that his death will be entertaining.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »

Dear Dwarven Caravan,

We really appreciate your yearly visits, and the chance for trade, and the fact that your caravan is heavily guarded. Armok knows we can't get steel any other way in this area, and that your guards were a big help in fending off the goblin seige. I think your guards might have credit for taking out their unarmed general!

That aside, you left without making a trade. I know that most of the merchants in that caravan died, but at least one of them survived. With such a high traveling cost, shouldn't you have tried your hardest to trade? I think your dead merchant friends would have wanted it that way. At least you managed to take up my depot space and leave when you felt it was time, right? I hope your few remaining (badly injured) caravan guards are enough to protect you on your journey back to the mountainhomes.

With frustration, the overseer of Earthenpractices.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: September 22, 2012, 12:16:55 am »

Dear Urist McWingedTraders--

I can understand you guys entering our map while flying; it's not everyday a race of dwarves have wings and flight. I understand you'd want to enjoy your freedom. But really, what gives you the good idea of dragging your pack animals beind you, several z-levels in the air? What makes you think "Oh, we've neared the fort! Better drop my mule here and remember where I parked."

You guys store ALL THE GOODS on those pack animals! Dropping them several z-levels and leaving them there while you carry on to the trade depot is counter-productive to trade, which is your sole reason to exist! No, we will not give you a bunch of junk for nothing, we need that stuff we ordered last year! In fact, where's the stuff we ordered and desperately needed? Oh right, you dropped it with your mules back by the map edge.

You guys can go drop some mules off a cliff instead of coming down here next year. Makes no difference to us. Also, what's with the liaisons you bring? They're all a bunch of nuts who hover in midair for 6 months before finally meeting the mayor.  Bunch a' wackos.

We won't trade with you if you don't bring us some goods. We'd rather just take the elves' junk, at least they have mithril.

Sincerely, The Eldritch Sentience Which Laughs at the Irony of Winged Dwarves, better known as your overseer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

Dear Human Merchants,

My fort is not your winter home, go away, and bring me some iron next time.

Piss off,
Overseer
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 504