Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1511021 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4320 on: September 17, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarf

Yes, I know you came here with high hopes to pursue your life-long ambition of fishing.  Yes, I know our lake is currently frozen over and so you cannot fish there.  I know this all, but please, stop trying to fish in the dining room's fountain.  There's nothing there, just like the last ten times you tried.

Sincerely,
Overseer of Crystalspires

Dear boss,

Well, the ponds all dried up and the volcano is too hot, so I thought I'd try the fountain a time....or ten.

Yrs.,

Urist McFisherman
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: September 17, 2012, 05:29:02 pm »

Dear Urist Febnalthish, Militia Captain of Erithtustem,

When I told you to sacrifice to Armok I meant bones. Now you won't be getting anymore masterpiece meals because you killed our only cook.

Sincerely, your overseer.

P.S. Is it possible to get someone by the name of Urist in vanilla DF? I'm using Masterwork mod with the ork plugin.

And if people don't think this is an actual dwarf...

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:32:01 pm by xominxac »

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: September 17, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »

Dear Urist Febnalthish, Militia Captain of Erithtustem,

When I told you to sacrifice to Armok I meant bones. Now you won't be getting anymore masterpiece meals because you killed our only cook.

Sincerely, your overseer.

P.S. Is it possible to get someone by the name of Urist in vanilla DF? I'm using Masterwork mod with the ork plugin.

And if people don't think this is an actual dwarf...

Of course you can. I normally end up with half a dozen or so "Urist" dwarves. xD There's a reason we picked that as the default name.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »

Funny, because either I've never noticed it before or that was my first Urist, and I've been playing for at least a year (yes I'm a noob).

talysman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: September 17, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »

Dear Urist McRecruit,

When I tell you to go kill the giant flying earthworm that's spitting webs all over your comrades down below, you and your fellow soldiers should GO DO THAT, instead of attacking the unconscious cyclops because she happens to be closer. She's going to die anyways, so leave her alone.

And if you *are* going to ignore me and attack the cyclops, at least have the decency to go pick up a weapon instead of punching her with your fists. That's gonna take forever.

Signed,

Your Militia Commander

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »

Urist McFisherMigrants

Why were you on the other side of the river? I could understand that it wasn't connected to yet, but how did the rest of your migrant party get here then, leaving only you 2 on that side? Also, I would like to express my vague surprise at how much fish you got while over there.

Dear MountainHomes
dafuq with the rangers and fishers. I need military recruits, not fish. Besides,I haven't seen a non-humanoid animal yet, so how useful is it anyway?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:06:08 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: September 17, 2012, 09:02:15 pm »

Dear Urist McHauler,

Much of the things the expedition originally came with are still lying around outside, two seasons later. A piece of rope was just eaten by a small parrot. EXPLAIN!!!

--Mysterious goddess

ETA: The parrot is stealing all your cloth, WTF.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:36 pm »

Dear Urist McMerchant,

You can not drive your wagon through a 2x3 crevice filled with water. Use the bridge next time. (If there is a next time. You're currently glitched in the side of the moat, and don't expect me to make any effort at all to release you.)

Sincerely,
That guy who just robbed you blind.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: September 18, 2012, 03:00:48 am »

Dear Urist McLoonbar,

It's your own damn fault you kept chopping wood all through your Strange Mood. No one else was in the craft workshop that entire time. Stop mooning around like an idiot!

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: September 18, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »

Oh, this thread is absolute <<gold>>.

Yes, I am just posting to follow, though I may have an Overseer Apprentice to yell at soon...

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »

Dear Urist McFisherdwarves,

WE HAVE NO FISH. There are no fish in the ponds. There are a couple turtles--none of which we can get to without a minor flood. Why do you keep coming?

Bewildered Overlord

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: September 18, 2012, 09:47:12 pm »

If you wouldn't mind, flood the fortress. Nothing bad could go wrong, think of the mist!
--Fisherdwarves
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:13 pm »

Dear fisherdwarves,

Too late, goblins have killed you all, except for the ones that went insane. Bye.

--Your bewildered goddess
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:56:30 pm by GuesssWho »

Onegodoneloveoneway

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: September 18, 2012, 10:58:05 pm »

Attention Urist McScaredypantshauler,
While I understand that goblins have a certain ugliness about them, please consider those that have been dumped naked on the pedestal behind the fortifications and are currently being used for target practice by a squad of marksdwarfs, no longer a threat. Please continue restocking the ammo stock pile so that the marks dwarfs can continue training and one day defend you.
As you were,
Engineer Overlord.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: September 20, 2012, 12:34:50 am »

Dear MantisOverseer,
Was he injured? No, just drowning. It's against the outpost charter's rules to touch anyone unless they are injured, family, or in the same little square that you need to be in. It's embarrassing to just be touched whenever!
Sincerely,
Rule-following Hauler

Dear Hauler,
Yes he was injured. He was vomiting profusely and there was a decent amount of blood around him. He must have fallen around 2 z-levels when the water rushed in. His legs and guts, among other body parts, were injured, if I recall correctly. You would know this if you looked down into the well where the heaving sounds were coming from. You're lucky I commissioned another well that was free of vomit.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 504