Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21334 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 12 I should probably start giving these things titles
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2010, 06:33:37 pm »

Drop down lower, so I can see everyone clearly, then go down to the travel agency.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 11
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:58 am »

Wait.

Thank you for giving me an excuse for no update the past week (other than my own procrastination).

It's been a week, so I'll get started on the turn.  If ExKirby gets an action in within the next hour, I'll try to incorporate it into the turn.
I think we both made an error. That was supposed to be my action, so I forgot to bold it and you forgot to include it. Mainly my fault, however.

This time, I will try to barter to lower our teleportation price.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:21 pm »

Let my mind wander and drift -- think of nothing, focus on nothing; purge my head of all thoughts, and close my eyes.

If this dream world reacts to my thoughts, what happens if I think nothing at all?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2010, 11:37:38 pm »

Bad news Frelock, WhiskerMeister/Nolor/Quarr has been banned according to Toady. I'm not in the mood to check and find out why (one of the reasons might be the multiple accounts though), but if you want you can read the thread I linked to and maybe you can find out why.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2010, 03:48:56 am »

Thanks for the update, Tarran; that probably would have gone unnoticed by me.  The possibility of becoming overly emotional/posting while drunk, saying something stupid, and getting banned because of it is one of the reasons I usually steer clear of GD.  Quarr, if you're reading this, sorry man, best of luck in life.

Since that is the case, we're opening up his spot.  So, if anyone wants a cursed, unconscious player with a slit neck who's wandering around a dream scape which may or may not have any relevance to the main plot, now's the time to speak up.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 12 A replacement is needed, apply within!
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

I explain to the man at the teleportation place that we are on urgent business on behalf of the council and that they will be assuming all our costs associated with teleporting us.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 12 A replacement is needed, apply within!
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2010, 11:50:37 pm »

Derm got a +1 to his second roll for the word of the day; good thing too, he needed it.

Turn 13:
Attempt to make mental contact with the man.
|As you walk, you attempt to sense the short man in front of you using only your mind.  It takes a while, but suddenly, you feel it.  There's definitely something there, and it's similar to other somethings surrounding you.  You realize you are feeling the mage's presence both in his own body and in the armors.  That's...odd.  You concentrate on penetrating the main body with your mind.  Though this is your first mental intrusion, it comes naturally to you somehow.  You imagine your own mind as very sharp needles which prick the surface of the mage's mind without him even noticing.  You suddenly get a profound glimpse of both his thoughts, feelings, emotions, and intentions.  But it is only for a moment, and it's too much to process.  Something must have gone wrong, because you feel the mage's presence retreat from one of the armors.  As it clashes down into a pile of apparently empty metal plates, the sound of metal on stone reverberates through the staircase.  The three other suits of armor stare at their collapsed comrade (if magically animated armor has such feelings as companionship).  The mage physically stops, and mentally becomes more inquisitive, searching for the source of the problem.  |You retreat, leaving a tiny portion of yourself to sense the mage's intentions.  You'll be able to tell what he is going to do shortly before he does it.  Currently, he is going to continue his mental investigation, which you will have to hide from.

Insult the initiate, calling him a coward. When if charges swing my halbard at him, but with little effort, just make him think I'm attacking him with the halbard. When he dodges, kick him in the shin.
|You successfully come up with over 14 different synonyms and expressions for a coward, and call the initiate all of them.  He seems really riled up.  |He charges at you almost madly; you think you can see a bit of foam at his mouth.  Looking at his eyes, it's clear that he has lost all control of himself, and will blindly attack no matter what.  Also, he will become much easier to hit in this state, as he now knows no fear.  But first, you must dodge his attack!  |His nails rip your clothes on your left side slightly, and you seems to have a small scrape which stings a bit, but it won't interfere with your battle.   |You successfully execute an excellent kick at the initiate's shin, using your halberd for both balance and leverage.  |You hit him hard, and he stumbles to the side clutching his right leg.

Attempt to create illusory money, which if successful, will be given to the teleporter as part of payment
|You manage to create some sort of illusion of a round piece of metal, but no way is anyone going to mistake that for a coin.

"All right, you assface travel agency guy. You'd better lower that price or I'll rub my dirty loincloth all over your face."
|You tell the travel agent to lower his price, threateningly motioning to your loincloth.  He replies in a burlesque tone that teleportation is expensive to perform; you need the right magic gems to do it.  Though these gems are not exactly rare, they are mildly uncommon, and lose their potency with each teleportation.  In fact, the agent is already selling you this teleportation at cost, so going any lower will result in a loss for him.  After carefully considering his arguments, you take off your loincloth(your companions shield their eyes), and slap him across the face with it, as if challenging him to a dual with a glove.  You then calmly replace your loincloth.  The man's face assumes an expression that can only be described as shocked, and he shouts “You need 25 gold, 4 silver, and 80 copper! No Exceptions!”

Drop down lower, so I can see everyone clearly, then go down to the travel agency.
|You start to fly away from the town, and find yourself drifting over pastoral countryside.  There are a few hamlets here and there, but the ground is far below you now.  It'd probably be a good idea to ask for directions, but a manly man such as yourself would never stoop to such unmanly behavior.

This time, I will try to barter to lower our teleportation price.
|Your incessant pleas do nothing to subdue the angry travel agent.  He merely repeats his price, and mentions that if you're short on gold, you should get a job somewhere.

Let my mind wander and drift -- think of nothing, focus on nothing; purge my head of all thoughts, and close my eyes.
|You somehow manage to clear you mind and think of nothing.  Doing this in a dream state puts you into a deep sleep.  The last though you have is “I wonder if I'll be the same when I awaken?”

I explain to the man at the teleportation place that we are on urgent business on behalf of the council and that they will be assuming all our costs associated with teleporting us.
|The man says he knows how the council works; they care almost nothing for ordinary citizens, it seems, and the recluses almost never pay anyone for anything.  Most of the supplies they get are gathered by the wizards themselves, or though toadies which probably obey out of fear.  He also says that this is probably a good thing as an influx of gold magically created by wizards to pay off their debts would devalue currency.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)

Quarr's position is now that of a brain-dead player (luckily his action fit with the idea).  Should another player claim him, he will re-awaken in his dreamscape (unless Tarran releases him).  Sorry for the rough turn despite successful rolls, but that travel agent is already giving you a huge discount; you won't get him to go any lower.  Still, with a little luck, it shouldn't take you more than 2 or 3 turns to get the required gold (1 if you're really lucky).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 13 A replacement is still needed!
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2010, 11:59:37 pm »

I'll let dermonster get the WoTD, since he seems like he needs it the most right now.

Smack the initiate in the side of his face with the side of my halberd, trying to knock him out.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 18, 2010, 12:02:27 am »

Since I'm fairly sure he still thinks that I'm an ally of Mal or something, Demand to know why the animated armor collapsed, presumably distracting him from the mental search.

Use the little part of me in his head to get a representation of the layout of the tower and the surrounding lands.

He replies in a burlesque tone that teleportation is expensive to perform;
burlesque
–noun
an artistic composition, esp. literary or dramatic, that, for the sake of laughter, vulgarizes lofty material or treats ordinary material with mock dignity.
any ludicrous parody or grotesque caricature.
Also, bur·lesk . a humorous and provocative stage show featuring slapstick humor, comic skits, bawdy songs, striptease acts, and a scantily clad female chorus.
–adjective
involving ludicrous or mocking treatment of a solemn subject.
of, pertaining to, or like stage-show burlesque.
–verb (used with object)
to make ridiculous by mocking representation.
–verb (used without object)
to use caricature.

I am also liking the feeling that the entire plot hinges on what I do here. Thanks for letting me get the WotD.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:04:24 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 18, 2010, 01:44:43 am »

Actually, not entirely.  As I said before, there is a planned plot, but there's also a certain set of conditions that must be met before the plot can go on.  The rest of this is just to get you guys beefed up for the real thing.  Of course, should you fail it's very likely that Mal will escape, and the bastard does get an obscene bonus to his rolls, so it is possible and even likely that everyone would die in that situation.

In other news, you do get the word of the day.  You get another +1 to your second roll.  Since Tarran has showed compassion, he gets a +3 to any roll to dodge death this turn.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 18, 2010, 01:50:13 am »

Since Tarran has showed compassion, he gets a +3 to any roll to dodge death this turn.
Really? Yey.

But unfortunately that's useless unless that initiate has a frigging Wand of Death that he's been keeping for some reason or another.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 18, 2010, 02:00:40 am »

Hey, I think I know what this RTD's name is supposed to mean. It's approximately 3.14159265358. 'Cause it's π, you see?

(ba-dum tish)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #222 on: September 18, 2010, 04:16:40 am »

Ok, time to go sing again.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 18, 2010, 03:25:38 pm »

Enjoy the thought of ripping this man's face off, then search for a way to earn/find/steal some money
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2010, 06:56:15 pm »

Damnit, even a 5 fails!

Haul the others off with me and cast about town, searching for means of acquiring 25 gold.

The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17