Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21408 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 1 (GM's can still apply)
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 01:32:50 pm »

Well, alright, though I prefer the adjective form yeuky.  And you know, I guess choosing the word of the day may get too predictable.  However, there are 4 "Today's Word Picks" as well, so let's spice things up a bit.  Still should be incredibly easy to find, considering the quaintness of my lexicon.

Also, Sean, an excellent guess.  However, it is not correct.

Luckily, we have everyone in, so I've started working on the turn.

The good news: Two people One person rolled a 6 with a consequence roll of 5, and one person rolled a 6 with a consequence roll of 6 and an unintended consequence roll of 5.
The bad news: One person rolled a 6, a consequence roll of 6, and an unintended consequence roll of 1...
Rotary air flow device, I'd like you to meet ordure.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:40:39 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 01:35:03 pm »

The bad news: One person rolled a 6, a consequence roll of 6, and an unintended consequence roll of 1...

you are all screwed  :D
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 03:09:17 pm »

Turn the Second:
Ask the barkeeper for anything that might lessen, or end my hangover.
| You go over and ask the barkeeper for something to lessen your hangover.  He nods sagely, and hands you a glass of water.  You drink it. | That really hit the spot!  Your hangover is gone.

Pinch nose, close eyes, chug.
| You down the unknown drink.  It tastes like tar, but you chug so fast that it never touches your tongue.  Suddenly, you feel better.  In fact, much better.  In fact, you'd have to say you're feeling absolutely perfect.  The barkeeper laughs at your bright and cheerful face.  “Did I mention that it would also cure everything you've got always?”

Curl up for a second or two and expel all poisons from my body, then change into my spare cloths, it'll be needed
|  You go on over to the chamber pot, and remove all the toxins from your body that your liver had so kindly stored away in your bladder.  However, you seem to recall that a hangover is caused mostly by high glucose levels, dehydration, and a vitamin B12 deficiency.  Or at least, that's what some people tell you.  Your hangover does get a little better, though.

Suck on some lemons! That usually cures hangovers for me...
| You would, but you can't find any lemons.  You sulk at the bar.

Suavely strut over to the barkeep and ask to see his special wares.
|  You strut over to the bartender and ask to see his “special wares.”  His eyes widen.  “Oh,” he says in an almost fearful tone, “You're the chap that was going to pick up that.  I'm surprised; I thought you were just another drunkard.”  He goes into the back room, and comes back with a small wooden case.  “I've kept it closed at all times, just like he told me,” the barkeep says, his hands trembling with the box.  Your curiosity absolutely grabs hold of you, tells reason to sit quietly in the corner and shut up, and you open the box.  Inside is a golden amulet.  The thing clearly radiates power, and the hairs of everyone in the room stand on end.  The barkeeper looks at you and asks fearfully, “Are you sure you're supposed to do that?”  After curiosity locks reason away in the basement handcuffed to a radiator, you grab the amulet and slide it around your neck.  Fits like a charm.  In fact, better than a charm.  In fact...oh god, OH GOD!!  Raw power streams through the entire room in channels of dark purple and black.  A loud voice is heard cackling madly.  You all are thrown to the ground, and looking up, you see that the mad laughter is coming from...Quarr?  What's wrong with him?  His body seems to be visibly glowing black.  Quarr looks up, and in a loud voice that can only be described as evil, thunders,  “FINALLY!  I HAVE BEEN RELEASED!  ONE THOUSAND YEARS IS FAR TOO LONG TO BE BOUND BY THESE CHAINS,  BUT NOW I SHALL USE THIS THRALL TO RELEASE MY FULL POWER!”  The Barkeep stutters out, “Mal!”  Quarr, or at least his body, turns to the inkeeper and replies, “YES YOU PUSILLANIMOUS FOOL.  BUT I CANNOT HAVE YOU TELLING THE COUNCIL OF ELEVEN THAT I HAVE REVIVED.  SO DIE!!”

Look at my fellows, and ask them whats going on
| As Mal commences his mad cackling once again, you stealthily crawl over to the barkeep and ask him what the hell's going on!  “Aye, hell's the only word to describe it,” he replies.  “Your friend over there has been possessed by Mal, an ancient sorcerer of great cunning and power.  He was sealed away by the old Council of Fifteen, though they lost four of their members in the process.  Luckily, it's just a possession, so his power still remains mostly sealed away.  If he can take that amulet to the Gate of Iron, however, there's no telling what horrors he will release upon the world.  You have to stop him, here, now!”  He reaches under the bar and pulls out a shortsword.  “Here, I keep two of these for protection.  Your only chance is to either kill your friend, or somehow rip the amulet off of him without touching it yourself.”

Attempt to crawl outside and view the world outside of this tavern.
| Wait, dying?  What?  That certainly does not sound like fun.  You quickly crawl to a side entrance and open the door. | Mal does not notice you as you make your way outside.  Looking around, you appear to be on a dirt road in a small town.  There are many buildings, most of which do not seem higher than two stories.  There appears to be a weakly-constructed palisade off in the distance which surrounds the entirety of the town.  To your left is a stable, to your right is some sort of blacksmith, and across from you a building with a sign out in front with three coins stacked.  A few people are going to and fro, but it's not very busy yet.

Mutter about how they'll all be sorry one day, get off the table while scratching my yeuking side, go sit at the bar, and look through my pockets and over my clothes.
| Seeing the crazy sorcerer, you dive behind the bar and sit there curled up while you examine your inventory.  | Your clothes appear to be nothing more than a commen linen shirt and trousers with a rope belt.  They look very worn and dirty.  | You also have a small coin purse with a silver piece and a few copper pieces; but it seems you spent most of what you had last night. |  You also find some flint and steel in the purse, along with an IOU from some fellow named “Chauncy.”

Quote from: Mal
Magical Chaos!
|  The sorcerer begins to chant quickly in some obscure, ancient tongue, and suddenly holds out his hands.  A different destructive spell flies towards each person in the room!| The sorcerer seems to have trouble controlling the spells, though.  “SILENCE YOU MISERABLE THRALL!  YOU ARE MY SERVANT, NOW STOP DISTURBING ME!”
Tarran | A weak beam of light flashes in Tarran's general direction, but it misses by a mile.
Dermonster | A weak poison cloud envelops Dermonster, but it doesn't seem to phase him at all.
Wolfchild | Wolfchild, on the other hand, gets a blue ray flung straight at him! | He tries to get out of the way, but the ray hits his shoulder.  It feels a little cold, but doesn't seem to do any harm.
Tylui | A dagger made of black light seems to fly towards Tylui!  | He dives behind the bar and it misses him.
Tehstefan | A yellow beam flies towards Tehstefan. | He gets out of the way without a problem, though.
Paranatural | A slow-moving black cloud flies towards Paranatural behind the bar! |  Though slow moving, it is large, and hits Paranatural.  He suddenly experiences a sore throat, stuffy and runny nose, stomachache, and headache.
Barkeeper | Another weak red ray flies towards the Barkeeper, but it fizzles out about halfway.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Whew.  That was pretty crazy.  Still, I enjoyed writing it, but don't expect all half-day turns to be so insane.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:10:04 pm by Frelock »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 2
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 03:14:56 pm »

YES YOU PUSILLANIMOUS FOOL.

Showing a lack of courage or determination; timid

Pick up the nearest weapon and attack the possessedee.. posessee... evil wizard guy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:17:27 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 03:19:07 pm »

“SILENCE YOU MISERABLE THRALL!"
a person who is in bondage; slave.
a person who is morally or mentally enslaved by some power, influence, or the like: He was the thrall of morbid fantasies.
slavery; thralldom.
–verb (used with object)
Archaic. to put or hold in thralldom; enslave.
–adjective
Archaic. subjected to bondage; enslaved.
Grab something long, like a stick or something, and lift the amulet off of Quarr.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 03:26:03 pm »

waitwaitwait...

Automatic resistance to ALL diseases?

Finally, i can live my dream of being the most unhygienic man in the world. Also? Screw you, aids.

it's too bad that poison immunity means that i can't get drunk though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »

Try to break Mal's binding to the amulet -- bind him to my own soul instead.

So long as he's bound to the amulet it will always be possible for some unwitting fool to unleash him. Destroying the amulet is clearly impossible, otherwise it would've been done long ago. By binding him to something transient -- my own life force -- he will undoubtedly die with me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »

So long as he's bound to the amulet it will always be possible for some unwitting fool to unleash him. Destroying the amulet is clearly impossible, otherwise it would've been done long ago. By binding him to something transient -- my own life force -- he will undoubtedly die with me.
You aren't in the game, and we're already full.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 03:52:13 pm »

Who are you, and what are you doing in my thread?  If you would like to be put on the waiting list, I'm sure that can be arranged.

Also, derm, you are correct on all counts.  The word is indeed pusillanimous(you receive a +3 to any roll to dodge death next turn), you are immune to all diseases (this is but a taste of the power of a 665; your action was so simple the benefit had to be simple too), and you can no longer get drunk, save through magical means.

Tarran, nice try but thrall was used twice, meaning it cannot be the word of the day.

Edit: Ninjas, as far as the eye can see...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 03:56:03 pm »

Tarran, nice try but thrall was used twice, meaning it cannot be the word of the day.
Gah.

Well, I was going to use pusillanimous, but dermonster beat me to it. >:(

I was hoping thrall would work... Buuuuut, nope. :P

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 03:58:31 pm »

Who are you, and what are you doing in my thread?  If you would like to be put on the waiting list, I'm sure that can be arranged.

Also, derm, you are correct on all counts.  The word is indeed pusillanimous(you receive a +3 to any roll to dodge death next turn), you are immune to all diseases (this is but a taste of the power of a 665; your action was so simple the benefit had to be simple too), and you can no longer get drunk, save through magical means.

Edit: Ninjas, as far as the eye can see...
Uh, whoops. That was me -- I made Quarr as an alternate account for the RTD subforum but clearly forgot to sign out. Sorry!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 04:03:15 pm »

Uh, whoops. That was me -- I made Quarr as an alternate account for the RTD subforum but clearly forgot to sign out. Sorry!
Oh.

...Wait, why do you need an alternate account for the RTD subforum? ???

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 04:08:03 pm »

Oh.

...Wait, why do you need an alternate account for the RTD subforum? ???
I guess I was afraid you guys would lynch me for abandoning my old RTD without saying anything? Clean slate and all that, really.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10:41 pm »

I guess I was afraid you guys would lynch me for abandoning my old RTD without saying anything?

Heh.

The people who have abandoned RTD's without saying anything outnumber the people who haven't.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:22 pm »

I guess I was afraid you guys would lynch me for abandoning my old RTD without saying anything? Clean slate and all that, really.
Whaaaat? No! Nohohoho. Why would we do that? I mean, games get abandoned all the time, and although I'm somewhat upset that it ended abruptly, I don't have anything against it, it's your game, you can do whatever you want with it, and others shouldn't judge you if you just want to plain end the game.

Though you should have at least posted a reason for why you abandoned it, it's not needed, but it's better then just leaving your players hanging. ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17