Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21409 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 1 (GM's can still apply)
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 11:54:51 pm »

Question: What time period does this take place in? I'm sensing a medieval/fantasy setting, but i want to make sure.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 12:12:48 am »

You should use a different method of getting a word of the day... cheechako is displayed in large letters on dictionary.com's home page.

Suck on some lemons! That usually cures hangovers for me...(Wait, I remembered something!)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:16:52 am by Tylui »

Quarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 12:36:02 am »

Suavely strut over to the barkeep and ask to see his special wares.
Hopefully he'll have something beside ale. Something that'll jog my memory...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 12:36:50 am »

Especially considering that I can see it right on my browser too.

Look at my fellows, and ask them whats going on
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:35 am »

Attempt to crawl outside and view the world outside of this tavern.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 01:26:24 am »

Question: What time period does this take place in? I'm sensing a medieval/fantasy setting, but i want to make sure.
You'll have to go outside and find out for yourself.

You should use a different method of getting a word of the day... cheechako is displayed in large letters on dictionary.com's home page.
The point is not to make the word difficult to find, just to educate the ignorant masses.  If you looked at dictionary.com and saw the definition, then I've done my duty to the language.  However, if we want to make it a little more difficult, you must also quote the sentence in the RTD where it appears.  That should serve the dual purpose of making sure you read other people's turns and stay informed.

Of course, no-one's actually defined it yet, so that bonus is technically still open...

Look at my fellows, and ask them whats going on
I'm not going to be picky on this and reject non-bolded actions, but it would really help me out.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:39 am »

A new-comer to Alaska, ignorant of the terrain, the weather, the animals, the culture, the necessary driving skills in the winter, etc.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:04 am »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 01:58:11 am »

No and no, though you are both correct in that it is an acronym.

Excellent work derm.  You get a bonus of +1 to your second roll next turn (if you need one).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 02:05:02 am »

I'm not complaining or anything, but how is "cheechako" related to "PUC"? ???
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:49 am »

It's not.  Not at all.

Cheechako is the word of the day, and each turn will bring with it a new word and a chance at some minor bonus.  Merely find the word, quote the sentence it's in, and give a brief definition.

PUC is an acronym that appears in the title of this game.  The person who correctly determines its meaning will receive a one-shot +2 to any action's roll.  I might up that bonus if it really stumps people.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 02:26:09 am »

FGHFFGH, I feel somewhat stupid right now... Don't ask, I'd rather not say why. And besides, you should be able to guess why anyway.

Anyway, I'm stumped on what PUC means. So... No guess for me yet. But maybe I'll have a moment of inspiration sometime.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 02:47:04 am »

I'll post here to keep watch on the thread. Don't feel like playing at the moment.

PUC could be a Personal Universe Collection. Multiworld Madness sure is. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 09:42:02 am »

Thanks, Frelock

Mutter about how they'll all be sorry one day, get off the table while scratching my yeuking side, go sit at the bar, and look through my pockets and over my clothes.

Subtle and seamless use in a perfectly cromulent sentence, eh? Eh??
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17