Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain  (Read 19335 times)

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 02:34:49 am »

I can tell who is walking around my house by the sound of the footsteps.

Can you not explain this? People wear different shoes, have different weight, have varied gaits, and  walking styles through which to intonate.

I originally didn't intend for that to rhyme, but once I saw the rhyme I had to go out of my way to achieve it.

I once knew a cat so fat, if you heard it coming down the stairs you weren't always sure if it was a person or that damn fatass. What I can't explain is how did the bastard get so fat.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 02:36:39 am »

I had a little brass sphere about 3cm in diameter (now my question is how they make a piece of metal into a perfect sphere)

Anyway, I was throwing it between a stack of two pillows directly in front of me. It would slide right between the pillows as if it had vanished from this world

I did it about 5 times, and then it vanished!

I searched all throughout the inside of the pillowcases and removed the cushions from the nearby couch and searched inside and under the couch but it was nowhere to be found!

I never did find it T.T

Also the alarm clock thing, the human internal clock is awesome, you don't need to set your alarm. Just tell yourself you'll get up at a certain time and you should wake up about 2 minutes before every time.

I was staying on a RAF base for a week. During the meal times, I would get a glass of water to go with me food, and I would sit down at a table.

My glass of water would move slowly towards me, though. It didn't matter what table I sat at, what glass I was drinking from, or where at the table I was, it would always move towards me. Nobody else experienced this, only me.

Are you made of uranium, or something with a similar density?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:38:12 am by AtomicPaperclip »
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2010, 04:45:18 am »

Please, everyone knows that bugs drink from your eye while you sleep. And that they get addicted. And watch you for when you fall asleep. And wait. And watch. And wait.

Fuckin cockroaches, man. Sometimes they bite.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 10:37:29 am »

I can't explain it but.... everyday, when I'm doing something at my computer, my eyes suddenly shift to the corner with system clock and it's 19:42.

Almost everyday.

I'm posting on forums or I'm playing a windowed game, or, which is the most creepy scenario; I'm listening to music and reading a book, NOT EVEN STARING at the monitor - at one point I look in the corner and it's 19:42.

I know that human body and mind can set itself to react at certain point in time, but DAMN. I'm creepied out by myself because of this.

And no, my clock isn't perpetually set to 19:42 :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2010, 11:19:42 am »

I'm like that.

6:30, every morning, I wake up, weather I go to bed at 8pm or 4am

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:33 am »

Funny, it's 7:42 right now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2010, 11:47:53 am »

I can't believe I got ninja'd because my post failed to go through. Alright:

I can't explain it but.... everyday, when I'm doing something at my computer, my eyes suddenly shift to the corner with system clock and it's 19:42.

Almost everyday.

I'm posting on forums or I'm playing a windowed game, or, which is the most creepy scenario; I'm listening to music and reading a book, NOT EVEN STARING at the monitor - at one point I look in the corner and it's 19:42.

I know that human body and mind can set itself to react at certain point in time, but DAMN. I'm creepied out by myself because of this.

Go and get a 12-hour clock, and see if the same thing happens when it hits 7:42. It would be interesting if it happened on both 7:42's per day. And by "interesting", I mean "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:47 am »

I can't believe I got ninja'd because my post failed to go through. Alright:

Almost everyday.

Go and get a 12-hour clock, and see if the same thing happens when it hits 7:42. It would be interesting if it happened on both 7:42's per day. And by "interesting", I mean "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!".

Not gonna willingly use English time system :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2010, 02:14:57 pm »

There are ways, people can be persuaded.

Yeah, I used to think I had superpowers when I could hear the TV even when it was on mute from three rooms away. I think it's just like the mosquito noise, children and young adults are more sensitive to it.
Hell yea, I usually end up turning the tv off.

Then people tell me the tv was off and I'm like 'no, no it wasn't'.
they don't understand !

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:35 pm »

Whenever I look at the clock it says 9:11, every time.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:56 pm »

Whenever I look at the clock it says 9:11, every time.

PAARRAANOIAAA
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2010, 04:25:46 pm »

How much does Windows Media Player suck? I just downloaded a bunch of music and a couple of the artist/album tags were screwed up. In windows 7 at any rate, I couldn't edit them. Wtf. I downloaded a program I've always had good results with on other computers to edit all the tags, and it worked fine except for it decided not to finish converting one of the songs, leaving only a ".tmp" file behind - and deleting the actual music file. Fantastic.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2010, 05:18:55 pm »

That's why you should use mplayer, ffmpeg, and lame to mess around with your media. If you can get around the command line, you've got some pretty damn awesome tools in there. Oh, and if you really loath command line stuff, take a look at SUPER.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:21:43 pm by ILikePie »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2010, 08:49:58 am »

I can't think of anything unexplained, but I've had some pretty weird stuff happen to me.

When I was pretty young, I came home from school one day and heard a bunch of crows making a ton of noise. I looked into the backyard and the big tree back there was full of maybe a dozen crows, all cawing and divebombing something at the back of the yard. The "something" appeared to be this bizarre animal. It was smallish, with a canine snout but a long thin cat-like tail and no real fur patterns. It looked malnourished, with its ribs showing. It was slinking along our back fence, and the crows were trying to attack it or chase it away or something. It made its way across our backyard and then out of sight. It didn't look like any animal I'd ever seen and for years I couldn't identify it.

Looking back now, I'm pretty sure it must've been a fox with mange. It could've ended up as another canine "chupacabra" sighting if only chupacabras were native to Canada. :P
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17