Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. OoC thread.  (Read 14039 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Interest Check.
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010, 10:37:43 pm »

Alright, should be fixed now. Also fixed a couple typos I noticed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bonus points spent on:
dexterity 4
essence 7
willpower 2
second dodge excellency 4
4+4+2+7=15
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010, 10:58:38 pm »

Buying dots of Essence at char-gen is generally a bad idea, unless you're going for sorcery. Same for charms, it's not very efficient.

I'd spend the BP from that on abilities/specialties instead. 2 dots of melee is not much, and you could get two 3-dot specialties for just 2bp.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2010, 11:39:16 pm »

Buying dots of Essence at char-gen is generally a bad idea, unless you're going for sorcery. Same for charms, it's not very efficient.

I'd spend the BP from that on abilities/specialties instead. 2 dots of melee is not much, and you could get two 3-dot specialties for just 2bp.
Alright, lets see...

Edit: Essence 3!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 11:46:10 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2010, 11:49:27 pm »

Please put how many dots are in each specialty.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:07 am »

Flowing Molten Gold: Solar Twilight

And I STILL can't figure out what backgrounds to take. Everything else should be stable otherwise, which I guess isn't saying much since I don't know what equipment he'll be using.

Originally intended him to be unarmored but not necessarily remain so, but now I'm reconsidering whether that's wise. Kind of tempting to buy artifact superheavy plate and be done with it, but it's like, he can't really go up from there. I guess artifact reinforced breastplate could be a middle ground, and easier on his dodge DV til he gets Hauberk-Lightening Gesture.

Anyway, if you have any comments on his somewhat unusual stats, feel free to let me know. I also acronymed his charms for anyone who's curious or lazy. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:43 am »

Mine's a few pages back.  Managed to finish it, for the most part.  If you see anything I missed, or have any suggestions for me, please tell me.  :-\

Ah, and I think I'll change his background a bit.  Add in more than just the story of the exaltation, you know.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62774.msg1450305#msg1450305

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:46 am »

And I STILL can't figure out what backgrounds to take. Everything else should be stable otherwise, which I guess isn't saying much since I don't know what equipment he'll be using.

Originally intended him to be unarmored but not necessarily remain so, but now I'm reconsidering whether that's wise. Kind of tempting to buy artifact superheavy plate and be done with it, but it's like, he can't really go up from there.

Oh, but he can. You've heard of Space Marines, yes?
Yeah. This is the reason for the reduced cost of the core armours, basically.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010, 01:01:02 am »

...Wow. That has got to be one of the most ridiculously awesome/powerful pieces of equipment I have ever seen.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2010, 09:16:30 pm »

Indeed.

So, how's it going everyone?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 09:18:31 pm »

I could write down my character's background and post my sheet now, but I'd rather complete my turn in SEV and get some sleep.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2010, 09:30:12 pm »

Indeed.

So, how's it going everyone?
Well enough. When are we starting this?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »

Flowing Molten Gold: Solar Twilight

Originally intended him to be unarmored but not necessarily remain so, but now I'm reconsidering whether that's wise. Kind of tempting to buy artifact superheavy plate and be done with it, but it's like, he can't really go up from there. I guess artifact reinforced breastplate could be a middle ground, and easier on his dodge DV til he gets Hauberk-Lightening Gesture.

Anyway, if you have any comments on his somewhat unusual stats, feel free to let me know. I also acronymed his charms for anyone who's curious or lazy. :P

Re-reading his backstory, he screams ZENITH. And if you're going to build an empire, you really need social abilities. The Investigate and Occult dots don't seem like they'll get much use with this guy. Try for focus, spreading your self thing is a bad idea.

EDIT: Once Cogsmith is done, and once Ivory has had a chance to look over his character.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2010, 02:08:52 pm »

*Bump for justice!*

So dudes, IronyOwl hasn't got back to us, but I'm, at this very moment, badgering Cogsmith on AIM, so we should be able to get going soon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2010, 04:13:06 pm »

Sorry, been busy.

Zenith occurred to me, but I envisioned him as more of a scholar-monk; he was defending principles and knowledge, for instance, rather than the monastery itself or the people inside.

I considered Socialize, but wanted him at least a little patterned after an Immaculate, so spirit knowledge/abilities seemed appropriate. You're right that I might want to at least shift some dots onto Socialize, but I'm not certain what charms I'd want to give up to get one of the fad/belief implanting ones.

I'll have to have a closer look at him later, both for finalizing backgrounds and figuring out his charm/ability allocation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2010, 07:28:26 pm »

Reflected Wisdom
Twilight Librarian

Motivation
Revenge upon Blackened Glimmering Coins.

Backstory

Attributes

Abilities
Backgrounds

Merits& Flaws

Artifacts and Equipment

Orichalcum Reinforced Buff Jacket