Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. OoC thread.  (Read 14030 times)

Cogsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Interest Check.
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2010, 07:29:13 pm »

...grah. accidental doublepost.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:49:40 pm by Cogsmith »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2010, 01:27:51 am »

Flowing Molten Gold: Solar Twilight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, should be fully updated. Partially inspired by Cogsmith's focus on Occult, and possibly some by sleep deprivation, I've shifted my spirit charms to socialize, and swapped Investigate and Occult for Socialize and Bureaucracy.

I was strongly considering getting a single jade short daiklave rather than the orichalcum pair, though. Any thoughts on that?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:18:52 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:04 pm »

I was strongly considering getting a single jade short daiklave rather than the orichalcum pair, though. Any thoughts on that?

Jade is generally considered the best material for weapons, since lowering Speed is always a Good Thing, but you'll suffer the Attunement penalty for wrong material type.
As for a single sword, it would get you another Background dot to spend. I'd recommend manse, since hearthstones are nice, as is having a base. Or, to get rid of the Attunement problem, get a one-dot artifact:

Also, if you go Jade, consider using this:
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04:47 pm »

That settles that. Oirchalcum pair swapped out for blue jade with an adapter.

I assume green jade doesn't steal motes from living things with no motes to steal?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2010, 02:25:40 pm »

Everything has essence that can be taken.

Only certain beings can actually make use of it, though.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »

Rate 4, or Rate 2 and gain one mote per hit. This is hard. :-\

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »

It depends how much you intend to be in combat, and how you're going to use the basic flurry. The Extra Action Melee charms are very good, and don't impact your dice pool for hitting your enemies. But if you aren't getting them, a normal flurry probably won't go over 2 or 3 hits, unless your dice pool is insane anyway.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:59:51 pm by Akigagak »

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2010, 06:57:20 pm »

Stop.

Lunar time!

Sheet

Description

Background

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:37:37 pm by DrakeRaids »
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2010, 06:58:12 pm »

Woops
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2010, 07:03:39 pm »

Hey Drake, welcome to Bay12.

@ The rest you: Yes, Lunars get crazy stats. Their Charms are pretty meh compared to Solars, though, and their training times are depressing.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2010, 08:49:39 pm »

Anyway: One of you needs volunteer to be Lera's Solar mate! Anyone interested in having her follow you around?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2010, 09:02:36 pm »

I'll do it, but only if no one else volunteers to.  I have very little experience with Exalted, and I can't help but imagine that things will get rather difficult for me to make sense of.  :-\

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:37 pm »

What does that mean, gameplay-wise? I only recently got the core rulebook, and I don't have the Lunar one.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 09:19:06 pm »

Gameplay wise it means nothing to you, besides getting a lunar who will follow you around. To ME it means my mental dv has a -2 pen whenever arguing against you, and a +2 bonus whenever someone wants me to do something that would hurt you. I also get a 4 die pool to help me help you to call upon.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:53 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot. It also means you get a free intimacy towards Lera, and vice versa
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9