No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 357965 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Whitelist updated
« Reply #2535 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »

I will take no part in that decision.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2536 on: April 17, 2011, 02:38:58 pm »

OK, well then I think the best way to split the difference would be to have a massive Renaissance city, with monster-filled sewers and the occasional anachronistic subway station or such.

Perhaps this: it must be built in a very limited area- a natural island or something- and as it expands, it must grow upwards and dig underground. Light wells and high-level bridges would be a significant part of the architecture.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 17, 2011, 02:40:06 pm »

>.>
<.<
Watching...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 17, 2011, 02:53:10 pm »

OK, well then I think the best way to split the difference would be to have a massive Renaissance city, with monster-filled sewers and the occasional anachronistic subway station or such.

Perhaps this: it must be built in a very limited area- a natural island or something- and as it expands, it must grow upwards and dig underground. Light wells and high-level bridges would be a significant part of the architecture.

I would rather we focus on one aspect at a time, so that we can build a grander piece rather than having all our efforts spread out. I dunno about the anachronism. Subway galore would be for the Industrialcraft city, I think.

Interesting idea, but keep in mind that we have very little space to work with it terms of height. If we had more than 64 blocks from sea level I'd go for it more readily.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 17, 2011, 03:13:58 pm »

The reason moria isn't very open is because it's not finished.

There's plenty of connected rooms that don't reach all the way down to the ground for the simple reason that I didn't dig them down yet.

I'm gonna continue them for the time being, though.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 17, 2011, 03:28:33 pm »

I would rather we focus on one aspect at a time, so that we can build a grander piece rather than having all our efforts spread out. I dunno about the anachronism. Subway galore would be for the Industrialcraft city, I think.

Interesting idea, but keep in mind that we have very little space to work with it terms of height. If we had more than 64 blocks from sea level I'd go for it more readily.

I figure that people are going to work on whatever they want to do regardless. Having a project with varied facets would allow for the most people to do what they want and still contribute. As for the height, I'll look into changing sea level one way or the other.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 17, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »

Alright, so renaissance era medieval town, sewers, and subway stations. Are we going to have some sort of rank system?
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »

Alright, so renaissance era medieval town, sewers, and subway stations. Are we going to have some sort of rank system?

People who want to be in charge will be in charge unless they demonstrate a lack of leadership skills. That's complex enough for me.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 18, 2011, 12:03:05 am »

I have updated the whitelist and backed up the worlds. If you need help with logging in this week, contact ShadowsOfWhite. I'll be back Saturday.

I won't be available to update the server, so if compatability is broken, we'll be down until I get back.

When I do get back, I'll set up the new project server and I will switch the main world to a more open, public world.

Decide what the project will be. I've decided that we can't have any client-side mods. However, very light serverside mods may be considered.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 18, 2011, 03:38:19 am »

We still haven't decided on the project. Take a look at the suggestions brought forth by me and everyone else, and post what you think.

We won't have any trouble with freedom precisely because it's a city. They can build a mansion with a large basement if they want, or even a cave system. Organised manpower will still be directed toward the city, and that will be the common goal.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #2545 on: April 18, 2011, 03:51:27 am »

I've decided that we can't have any client-side mods. However, very light serverside mods may be considered.
Nooooooo. No industrial craft =(
Err I don't really know of any 'very light' serverside mods...
1=0

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 18, 2011, 04:18:35 am »

At least something that allows non-ops to check who's online.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 18, 2011, 11:51:24 am »

Honestly, I'm with Henge on this. I like Planehacked because it's vanilla, I don't want to have to mod my game to play on it, so I'm not at all unhappy with PTTG's ruling. That said, onto the rest of his post: I guess a new server would be okay, I'm not fussed either way. On the one hand, I've spent the last week or so on my own moria-esque excavation project, which I would like to finish. On the other, a new map does reinvigorate the playerbase, which is something we need.

*IF* we are going to do a centralised city or castle system, can I make one request? Let us plot out a basic road & rail system first, at least in the central city region. It goes a long way towards making the city look more like a real city, and means we can have a legitimate subway that doesn't crimp anyones mining.

Also, if we end up going with a more technological city, how would people like cart catapaults? Riding in a minecart negates fall damage, and with the right design, they can be flung through the air in precise arcs with pistons. As such, railway networks could actually consist mostly of empty air.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:53 pm »

Honestly, I'm with Henge on this. I like Planehacked because it's vanilla, I don't want to have to mod my game to play on it, so I'm not at all unhappy with PTTG's ruling. That said, onto the rest of his post: I guess a new server would be okay, I'm not fussed either way. On the one hand, I've spent the last week or so on my own moria-esque excavation project, which I would like to finish. On the other, a new map does reinvigorate the playerbase, which is something we need.

*IF* we are going to do a centralised city or castle system, can I make one request? Let us plot out a basic road & rail system first, at least in the central city region. It goes a long way towards making the city look more like a real city, and means we can have a legitimate subway that doesn't crimp anyones mining.

Also, if we end up going with a more technological city, how would people like cart catapaults? Riding in a minecart negates fall damage, and with the right design, they can be flung through the air in precise arcs with pistons. As such, railway networks could actually consist mostly of empty air.

I bow to the awesome
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 18, 2011, 02:03:55 pm »

I bow to the awesome
I concur
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 271