No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358327 times)

The King of Eggs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Taking Whitelist Requests
« Reply #1935 on: February 11, 2011, 08:05:03 pm »

Disregard sorry

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 11, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »

I have a redstone counter under my latest station, which may contribute I suppose? I could deactivate that I guess. I would rather I do that myself though, as if it turns out not to make a difference, I want to be able to put it back together.

• Wooden and cobble stone half blocks to add some more options for your designs.
  • New block! This is a sweet one for you red stone junkies. A block that acts as a signal carrier, much like red stone. But on top of that, it also acts as a repeater AND a programmable delayer.

HELLS TO THE YEAAAHHH!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:23:03 pm by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:24 am »

AFAIK, no one's done much of anything to the Minecart system.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 12, 2011, 07:36:02 am »

thatninjaguy: Please remove that burning forest of yours behind your house. Even if it's your forest, burning things down is still against the rules.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 13, 2011, 11:35:50 pm »

Lord, I just saw the dome you put on GC... VERY nice :D
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 15, 2011, 04:47:07 am »

Server is down.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 15, 2011, 08:12:33 am »

From Notch's blog:

During the two weeks up until GDC, we’ll be working on finishing up the new game launcher and finishing up some new game features for the game, including an official white list implementation for the server and more types of half sized blocks.

Official whitelist, now we won't necessarily need mods like Bukkit
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 15, 2011, 09:54:03 am »

While we're waiting for the server, I just found this on the MC forums; it looks to be an even smaller, simpler version of the door booster, with the added bonus of completely avoiding any possibility of the booster cart getting knocked off kilter.

This is going to be the standard for all future minor stations. :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1944 on: February 15, 2011, 10:56:37 am »

Server restarted.

Notch's back. He says he'll have the new server software in a couple weeks, which will include official white-listing and a bunch of new blocks.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 15, 2011, 10:59:59 pm »

Alright, so now that GC's walls etc are mostly done, it's time to plan the actual track system.

I've done a very crude mockup in paint, the checkers at the top are a rough scale bar, giving you an idea of approximately how large I think the various platforms will be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, what I was thinking was we have two platforms, each with an arrival section and a departure section. At the arrival section, I'll rig it so that the cart stops, and once you have gotten out, a booster cart will pick it up and take it to a pez style dispenser.

At the bottom of the dispenser, I'll rig a sensor telling you if the dispenser is empty or not.

At the departure section, you will summon a cart by standing on a pressure plate. This cart will stop on a seperate pair of pressure plates, which will detect whether there is a cart present or not (if an empty cart is present, it will prevent the dispenser releasing more carts). You'll key in your destination (one of the 4 outgoing tracks on that side of the station, or the other platform) on a button operated track selector (this one) then hop in the minecart. This will then trigger another booster cart to swing by and launch you.

Individual boosters will be attached to the outgoing lines after they seperate, meaning we can tailor the amount of boost needed to each route.

Anyway, is this satisfactory, or would you guys prefer a different design? Any observations etc. would be much appreciated.

Lord, do you want the departure platform (where you stand waiting for your cart) to be flush with the ground, or raised up a block or two? Any other comments on the architectural theme would also be helpful.

Also, another idea that I don't currently plan to implement, but could try is to make it so that if a cart is already sitting in the arrival section, another inbound cart will be routed to a second arrival section on the same platform.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:01:35 pm by Osmosis Jones »

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 16, 2011, 12:51:57 am »

This is nice and all, but I have one major problem with it... Your "cart dispensor" requires active carts, which can't be good for lag. That is a lot of unneccessary processing. I am more than happy to provide a conventional dispensor, and fill it choc-full of carts, so long as those carts are disposed later.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 16, 2011, 01:40:07 am »

The stuff I've read suggests that that is only *moving* carts. Since there will be no moving carts until a button is pressed, I doubt it will make much difference. There would probably be a greater impact from the redstone wiring, truth be told, and even that shouldn't be too onerous.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:45:06 am by Osmosis Jones »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1948 on: February 16, 2011, 01:44:42 am »

As I understand it, boats and carts just keep chunks loaded. As long as they aren't scattered around the world, it'll probably be fine.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 16, 2011, 02:00:31 am »

The stuff I've read suggests that that is only *moving* carts. Since there will be no moving carts until a button is pressed, I doubt it will make much difference. There would probably be a greater impact from the redstone wiring, truth be told, and even that shouldn't be too onerous.

If this is the case, which is the case of my concern, if in your dispenser design, the carts are at all touching eachother, they will indefinitely "bouce", due to cart collision physics.
.               There were way too many commas in that sentence.

As I understand it, boats and carts just keep chunks loaded. As long as they aren't scattered around the world, it'll probably be fine.

If this is the case, there should be no problem, GC being so close to spawn and all.

If BOTH are the case, then there would likely be a point of concern. I'm just saying that it should be something to consider. Either way, if you build it, I will admire it. :P
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 271