No + Keep existing work
- 11 (20.4%)
Yes + new content in project world
- 29 (53.7%)
Don't care + Ambivalience
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 271

Author Topic: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Post-Planehacked Planning Party!  (Read 358309 times)

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
Re: PlaneHacked Minecraft Server: Taking Whitelist Requests
« Reply #1950 on: February 16, 2011, 02:24:37 am »

Yeah, Pez dispencers can create lag due to them bouncing. There is anothermetherd which I find works quite well and stops you spamming the cart button, which is to put them into a water dispencer which slowly moves the cart to the front and can then be waited upon a signal. Also anyone for Single button press route switching?
1=0

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 16, 2011, 02:48:05 am »

If BOTH are the case, then there would likely be a point of concern. I'm just saying that it should be something to consider. Either way, if you build it, I will admire it. :P

Heh, only one way to find out; build it and see :P

Yeah, Pez dispencers can create lag due to them bouncing. There is anothermetherd which I find works quite well and stops you spamming the cart button, which is to put them into a water dispencer which slowly moves the cart to the front and can then be waited upon a signal. Also anyone for Single button press route switching?

The water dispenser keeps the carts in motion just as much, though. That said, the thing does rather neatly avoid building in a delay circuit. I just wanted to use the Pez dispenser for space saving reasons though, it is a lot more compact than a water dispenser.

As for route switching, I have installed a single button selection method over at zen station. Unfortunately, due to the lag inherent in even moderately complex circuits, it takes a while to cycle through all the destinations (and thats 4 destinations, not the 5 or more that GC will sport). The modular selector I've linked in my big post is just as compact (actually, more so, because it does not require a multiplexer after a counter), and has the added advantage of being able to directly (and thus quickly) select your desired track.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 16, 2011, 03:26:04 am »

Ugh... Some narf placed TNT at the end of the track, GC side, to Cliffton/Port Royal.

I'm not happy about this.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 16, 2011, 03:27:08 am »

Ugh... Some narf placed TNT at the end of the track, GC side, to Cliffton/Port Royal.

I'm not happy about this.

yeah, I was wondering about that. on the other hand, the fact that it's still there must say something.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 16, 2011, 03:35:12 am »

Getting disconnected while removing TNT is NOT fun, unless you take into account the DF version of Fun.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 16, 2011, 05:18:15 am »

Oh look a track discussion

Alright, so now that GC's walls etc are mostly done, it's time to plan the actual track system.

I've done a very crude mockup in paint, the checkers at the top are a rough scale bar, giving you an idea of approximately how large I think the various platforms will be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, what I was thinking was we have two platforms, each with an arrival section and a departure section. At the arrival section, I'll rig it so that the cart stops, and once you have gotten out, a booster cart will pick it up and take it to a pez style dispenser.

At the bottom of the dispenser, I'll rig a sensor telling you if the dispenser is empty or not.

At the departure section, you will summon a cart by standing on a pressure plate. This cart will stop on a seperate pair of pressure plates, which will detect whether there is a cart present or not (if an empty cart is present, it will prevent the dispenser releasing more carts). You'll key in your destination (one of the 4 outgoing tracks on that side of the station, or the other platform) on a button operated track selector (this one) then hop in the minecart. This will then trigger another booster cart to swing by and launch you.

Individual boosters will be attached to the outgoing lines after they seperate, meaning we can tailor the amount of boost needed to each route.

Anyway, is this satisfactory, or would you guys prefer a different design? Any observations etc. would be much appreciated.

Lord, do you want the departure platform (where you stand waiting for your cart) to be flush with the ground, or raised up a block or two? Any other comments on the architectural theme would also be helpful.

Also, another idea that I don't currently plan to implement, but could try is to make it so that if a cart is already sitting in the arrival section, another inbound cart will be routed to a second arrival section on the same platform.

I want both platforms raised a block or two, and the track to be lowered slightly like you'd find in a real railway. The architectural theme should follow the slabstone-smoothstone-lightstone materials guideline. You can probably guess the style from the building. If you still need pointers, use Centralstationen in Gothenburg as a model.

OJ, I was expecting larger stations. And why don't you try implementing the routing-to-next-platform idea? It sounds interesting to say the least.

What if two people want to go at the same time, or two people want to go to different destinations at the same time? If not possible, what about a go/no go light?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:21:08 am by lordnincompoop »

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:09 am »

Okay, so just a status update; I have the two cart pickup systems for the northen arrival platforms complete in terms of track. They now just need to be redstoned up. The rest of the track laying at the northern end should be done by this time tomorrow, then I'll start wiring.

Why am I saying all this? Because I need a lead in for this; Gog help me, if someone lures a creeper in there, the vengeance I rain upon you shall make armageddon pale in comparison.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 16, 2011, 09:04:45 am »

also, if anybody feels like it, go go ahead and continue the central garden following the same format.

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 16, 2011, 09:36:01 pm »

Hey guys, Love the server but... somones been greiving, MR.E has messed with the garbage lava in port royal and burned the inside of illinvillians house, along with other things. I would like to request a ban, if you want pictures please inform me how to post them...
Hello. Have a nice day.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:03 am »

Upload the picture to an image host (Imageshack, Photobucket, or img.ie)

Find the direct link, copy it.

Paste the link and surround it with image tags, like so:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://your.image/link/goes/here/[/img]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1960 on: February 17, 2011, 01:23:22 am »

How bad is the damage? I have a backup from about eight hours ago.
Should we restore or repair?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 17, 2011, 01:59:13 am »

Hey guys, just going to say, PTTG? has given me Op privileges. If you need a hand, or see something suss, I can now help.

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 17, 2011, 06:33:46 am »

My tower has and town have been greifed. The tower with lava and parts of my town with TNT. There is a sign saying Love MR.E.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:10:09 am by Zona »
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 17, 2011, 12:54:00 pm »

Mr. E has been dealt with.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 17, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »

I hope so. I spent a long time today fixing his mess.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 271