Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70175 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Night 5
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2010, 07:30:45 pm »

The few of you who remain gather in the square. Archangel fails to arrive, and you head off to see if some trace of him remains.

His house, however, is locked tight. After breaking off the lock you find the inside undisturbed. Another victim of the cult, no doubt.

You do find a book on Illusions, however, which backs up his claims of being an Illusionist. Pity his skills could not save him.

Time grows short. You must find the last cultist today, or all may be lost.

Day 6 has started. It will go until all votes have been cast to lynch a player or ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 6 has a small audience
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:02 pm »

Heh, I probably should have
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2010, 10:13:04 pm »

Time to hang, Eduren.

I knew Solifuge couldn't have killed Janus, as I redirected him N3, clearing him.  Tonight, the only two possibilities were Archangel and Eduren.  I read their posts over, and decided I'd be better off redirecting Archangel to Solifuge.  Clearly, that was the wrong choice.  In any case, that leaves Eduren as our last cultist.  Well played, but your time's up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2010, 10:57:48 pm »

Posting from my phone, so I can't give this the gravity it needs.

Toaster is cult by process of elimination. Solifuge will just have to decide which of us is telling the truth.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »

This happens in almost every game I'm in. Thanks guys. :/

I have misgivings about both of you, but I'll wait for Eduren to present a more complete argument to share them.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2010, 12:45:24 am »

Well, let's try posting something now, since you'll be waiting till Wednesday if you want something more complex.

Look at the events surrounding Toony's lynch. Tell me how plausible they are if both him and I were on the same team.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 28, 2010, 07:04:09 am »

PUNY MORTAL!!! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST DIE!?!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2010, 01:24:33 pm »

Well, let's try posting something now, since you'll be waiting till Wednesday if you want something more complex.

Look at the events surrounding Toony's lynch. Tell me how plausible they are if both him and I were on the same team.

It's very telling that your best defense is WIFOM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 29, 2010, 12:27:40 am »

PUNY MORTAL!!! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST DIE!?!

I am immortal. I have inside me blood of kings.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2010, 03:17:16 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Eduren: Toaster
Toaster: Eduren

Reminder: Day 6 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday or whenever we have all the votes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:23 pm »

I decided to find a public computer, seeing as I got prodded. I will be back tomorrow night, when I get my laptop.
Since I showed up for BYOR, I figured I could spend a few minutes here.

The reason that I mentioned Toony a few posts back is because I feel it exonerates me the most. Both my posts and those of Toaster are easily accessible to Solifuge and so I felt no need to analyze those because by his own analysis, Solifuge would better come to his own conclusions. What I can do however, is present the set of events I find most likely, were I in his shoes.

I feel it was established yesterday that Toony did see Lonewolf for what he was and felt he needed the towns help to resolve the matter. I posit that had I been on his team, he would not have publicly revealed the information, much less wanted to lynch me first (he voted me instead of Lonewolf). If I had involuntarily created the demon, then Toony and I would have dealt with the matter that night, privately. If I had voluntarily created the demon, then there would have been no reason for Toony to panic in the first place. The reason that Toony revealed his information in the thread, rather that deal with the matter using an NK was because he and Toaster believed they were dealing with a team of two, and felt they would gain the upper hand by letting the town know what was going on. They felt it safer that trying to NK both myself and Lonewolf, and possibly hoped that it would gain Toony some town cred.

If you would like more than this from me (maybe a post where I examine Toasters interactions with his scumbuddies), then I suggest you Extend until I get back.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2010, 03:59:18 am »

Problem #1: If Eduren is Cult, why would his teammate Toonyman have group-bussed him first and Lonewolf second, While Eduren protected Lonewolf at first, then switched to condemning him? If they as a scumteam knew Lonewolf was 3rd party, they should have night-killed him for their safety.
- Explanation A)
Eduren raised Lonewolf as Scum-Alligned, rather than 3rd Party. The three of them were performing a complicated Bus to exonerate Eduren. The cost to them would have been really steep, in loosing a second night-kill.
- Explanation B)
Eduren is a 3rd Party Necromancer-type, and raised Lonewolf as an ally with the ability to night-kill. He bussed his partner to clear himself, and now needs a Scum lynch in order to win.

Problem #2: If Toaster is Cult, how could he have redirected Lonewolf to me AND Cult-killed IronyOwl?
- Explanation A) Toaster didn't redirect at all, and just killed Irony. Demon Lonewolf was the first to suggest that Toaster redirected him from the graveyard, to cover himself and condemn me... however, Toaster went along with it, since it gave him a very convenient out, and got the 3rd party killed in the process.

This is a pickle. If Eduren is a 3rd party Necromancer who raised an allied SK Demon-Zombie, and Toaster is a Scum Illusionist... I can't win no matter who is lynched, and my only hope would be to no-lynch and have you kill one another. For now, I'm going to mull on this.

I need both of you to address these concerns to help point me toward the scum. It's a tough call. Thus, I ask for a tiny Extension, please. I just want to give Toaster and Eduren a chance to address this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:02 am »

Very well. Day is now extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2010, 05:20:03 pm »

Eduren has to be cult instead of 3rd party.  Per the flavor at the beginning of the day, there is one more cultist.  As to why the cult did what it did, I can't say for sure.  If I had to guess, they got some indication that LW's res went awry and needed a lynch.  Bussing Eduren would have made Toony essentially confirmed.  Jokerman's counter claim fouled this up, so they basically reversed it.  Toony got bussed to clear Eduren, and they gambled on Lonewolf (who wouldn't know the scum) attracting a lynch very soon, before Eduren got NKed.  If you look back, Eduren's claim got him out of the hotseat at the beginning of D3.  Janus was the first to lead off against him, and several others had questioned him D2.

Looking back at the thread, on D1 both Toony and Eduren were not on Org- they were on Pandar and Person, their N1 and N2 targets.  Eduren spent much of D2 lurking, which led to him drawing fire D3.  In reply 302, Eduren spreads some confusion regarding the Toony lynch, as we've seen no real evidence of a lynch activated power.  D5 is where he jumps on his chance to get rid of Lonewolf.  You can tell he's excited here, as he has become significantly more wordy than he has been in other points of the game (even considering the increase when he became the last cultist.)  Last, I already pointed out the D6 WIFOM, which he has since posted more of.

As for your issues with me, I'm not sure what you're looking for, other than my evidence against Eduren.  I guess your explanation would work if I was scum.  It's not what happened, though.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »

Problem #1: If Eduren is Cult, why would his teammate Toonyman have group-bussed him first and Lonewolf second, While Eduren protected Lonewolf at first, then switched to condemning him? If they as a scumteam knew Lonewolf was 3rd party, they should have night-killed him for their safety.
- Explanation A)
Eduren raised Lonewolf as Scum-Alligned, rather than 3rd Party. The three of them were performing a complicated Bus to exonerate Eduren. The cost to them would have been really steep, in loosing a second night-kill.
- Explanation B)
Eduren is a 3rd Party Necromancer-type, and raised Lonewolf as an ally with the ability to night-kill. He bussed his partner to clear himself, and now needs a Scum lynch in order to win.

Problem #2: If Toaster is Cult, how could he have redirected Lonewolf to me AND Cult-killed IronyOwl?
- Explanation A) Toaster didn't redirect at all, and just killed Irony. Demon Lonewolf was the first to suggest that Toaster redirected him from the graveyard, to cover himself and condemn me... however, Toaster went along with it, since it gave him a very convenient out, and got the 3rd party killed in the process.

This is a pickle. If Eduren is a 3rd party Necromancer who raised an allied SK Demon-Zombie, and Toaster is a Scum Illusionist... I can't win no matter who is lynched, and my only hope would be to no-lynch and have you kill one another. For now, I'm going to mull on this.
Allow me to point out that in your Explanation B, I would no longer be a threat to you. Without an NK, you would be able to ignore me and lynch Toaster.

Toaster: You can speculate all you want, but the actual probablities are the things
In reply 302, Eduren spreads some confusion regarding the Toony lynch, as we've seen no real evidence of a lynch activated power.
I was speculating about Toony's behavior. At the time we had no idea why he acted the way he did and IronyOwls portent got me thinking.

As far as Toaster's interactions with Toony and Org, they seem to have kept far away from each other, apart from trying to coach Org publicly on D1.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29