Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70100 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2010, 04:37:47 am »

I was suspicious of Lonewolf, my vote was based on that suspicion, and where the hell did I "assault someone else's argument", whatever thats supposed to mean?
That's an attempt to avoid repeating "Having a go at". There are probably better ways to put it.
Archangel, you're an idiot. I retracted a vote after stating that it was just an idea I had had and was entertaining, but you can't read that much, can you?
Oh my, I thought I was.

You misinterpreted what I was saying. I was saying that it was possible that two of you three could have been scum. It was sort of an idea I was entertaining, though it didn't really pan out.

As to my vote, I'd say Irony Owl. Wrong answer, man. Only scum tries to prove that they're Town. Town has better things to do - like hunt for scum. It's been said but if you're Town it will prove itself in time.
If you're talking about this, which I think you are:
Firstly, I hadn't reached it, and secondly, it came after you unvoted.
I am going through the thread from the start of Day 2. I'm going to post what I've got so far (up to page 11 or so) because I'm going to go do schoolwork. So, Part One:

Another problem with your strategy is that so much has happened since the beginning of Day 2.  A decent amount of your analysis is a bit outdated.  Any chance of you catching up over the weekend?
Thinking about the game and stuff, I realised this. I'm just going to finish rereading D2 and start analyzing D3.
Toony:  Do you think that Eduren and Lonewolf are the remainder of the scum?

Archangel: Ok, I'll lay them out for you-

Toony/Eduren/Lonewolf:  I'm reserving judgment on this trio until it's further discussed.  I'm inclined to disbelieve Toony, as his arguments are the least constructed.

I've had a question mark next to Janus through most of the game to varying degrees.  Right now, I have nothing specific against him, so I'm looking elsewhere.  I still stand by my statement that he was sidelining early on.  He's better lately, but some of his recent posts (see post numbers 215, 217, and 223 for examples) are passive.

Solifuge is being town-unfriendly right now, which might as well be pro-scum.  His edit shenanigans, deliberate WIFOM, and early game non-participation are all black marks against him.

Last, you're not off my radar yet.  You say I haven't been attacking- did you not like my attacks on Lonewolf D2?  More importantly, why are you voting for someone a "bit scummy" over two people who are "scummy?"  I'm not convinced that you're being helpful yet.

POST WARNING EDIT-  Now that changes things.  Toony, what say you to Jokerman's claim?
Where are these attacks? As for the vote, it was to help me assess you and to get something other than questions out of you and is not leaving until you answer my question. I have no fault with your suspicions at present.

The only thing I have to say about the Toony-Eduren-Lonewolf-Jokerman thing is that I'm glad we have a few days to talk about it. I feel I might as well roleclaim, since several other people have done it. I'm an Illusionist. Whoever it was who redirected me last night, it made me smile. You effectively wasted both our actions, mate.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 3 refuses to stay dead
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2010, 05:24:01 am »

In two days I'll be going to [information withheld] to have my braces adjusted. I thought I should warn you guys.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2010, 09:32:13 am »

My actions will be clearer when I die.

It can explain it more than I can.
Lyncher/Lynchee? Jester?

And I guess I should add some more information to the pile. My Role PM vaguely suggests that my "ritual" may go wrong. I questioned Meph about it and he said that it was pretty much chance based. So it may be possible that Lonewolf is a zombie but without my knowledge or consent.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2010, 11:40:55 am »

So, thinking about the two supposed sextons...

ToonyMan says he saw Eduren go to the graveyard and resurrect Lonewolf as a zombie.

Jokerman-EXE says he noticed that Lonewolf was missing.

ToonyMan's story seems a bit more telling than say, the information a thief would get. That could just be because it's far more situational, but I would tend to think if a warlock went to the graveyard, the sexton would notice that particular person went to the graveyard, not exactly what he did and to who.

Jokerman-EXE's story has the opposite problem. I know some roles are more powerful than others, but what kind of sexton noticed nothing at all save that a body has disappeared? Generally speaking, the only reason a body has disappeared is if they've been resurrected- meaning their role information is completely redundant. The only exception could be if a ghoul ate the body, but a role that's explicitly anti-ghoul and nothing else seems peculiar, given that they're a third party. It'd be like a hypernarrow sage.

So, ToonyMan's claim seems like more information than I'd expect. Jokerman-EXE's seems like less information than I'd expect. Both are suspicious, but I'm leaning towards Jokerman-EXE being the liar. Of course, it's also possible both are lying, which is disturbing.

Archangel, I assume you're going to go over all the details of your revelation sometime soon?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2010, 11:43:04 am »

You're more suspicious of Jokerman?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2010, 03:37:40 pm »

You're more suspicious of Jokerman?

I'm more suspicious of Jokerman's explanation of how a sextant works. Given that I've never seen one before, that might not be worth a lot.

I'm more suspicious of you for general behavior, but at this point you're either town, scum trying to cover for his buddy, or scum that's managed to trick me into outwitting myself.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2010, 03:39:59 pm »

Sexton notices if bodies are missing or disturbed, not who does the deed or what exactly was done.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2010, 03:47:06 pm »

Unvote. Toonyman, therefore, is lying.

Toonyman is aware of this, and seems to want to be lynched (or is trying to seem like he wants to be lynched?). I'm afraid that he might have a Triggered-On-Lynch scum ability, rather than being a jester. I don't like this whole morass that's been building, though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2010, 04:05:55 pm »

Sexton notices if bodies are missing or disturbed, not who does the deed or what exactly was done.
Hmm?  Why are you making stuff up?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2010, 04:24:44 pm »

Toonyman is aware of this, and seems to want to be lynched (or is trying to seem like he wants to be lynched?). I'm afraid that he might have a Triggered-On-Lynch scum ability, rather than being a jester. I don't like this whole morass that's been building, though.
This does assume Lonewolf knows and is telling the truth, of course.

Lonewolf I, how do you know what a sexton does?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2010, 06:01:16 pm »

Solifuge is afraid of dying kids.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »

The sexton was around in the previous match, and as I recall it, that was the description that was given. Granted it may have changed, or I may be misremembering.

Lonewolf, what is your take on the situation?

Toonyman, your one-line posts are wearing on my nerves. What sensible player wants to die, other than apparently you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2010, 07:05:11 pm »

What happened to all jokes Solifuge?  Major change or what.

I don't want to die, I want to help.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »

No, there wasn't a sexton in the last game.  I was closely following the thread in which Supernatural was developed.  Unless Meph went and changed it behind our backs, those were the powers agreed upon for the role.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2010, 09:56:29 pm »

My actions will be clearer when I die.

It can explain it more than I can.

Do you have more information than just that you are a Sextant?

The only thing I have to say about the Toony-Eduren-Lonewolf-Jokerman thing is that I'm glad we have a few days to talk about it. I feel I might as well roleclaim, since several other people have done it. I'm an Illusionist. Whoever it was who redirected me last night, it made me smile. You effectively wasted both our actions, mate.

Who did they redirect you to and why was it a waste?

If ToonyMan has a lynch triggered ability, than I think that you should be one of the people to trigger it.  I don't trust you.  Especially after unvoting.

The sexton was around in the previous match, and as I recall it, that was the description that was given. Granted it may have changed, or I may be misremembering.

Lonewolf, what is your take on the situation?

Toonyman, your one-line posts are wearing on my nerves. What sensible player wants to die, other than apparently you?

No.  There was no Sexton in Round 1.  I checked.  So why are you lying and apparantly taking Lonewolf I's side on this?

What happened to all jokes Solifuge?  Major change or what.

I don't want to die, I want to help.

Would it completely break your plan to tell us why your dying would help us?  Because the only thing I see if you're town, we'd be inclined to believe you.  Unfortunately that would make Eduren, Lonewolf I, and Jokerman-EXE strongly scumlike though, which is problematic.

No, there wasn't a sexton in the last game.  I was closely following the thread in which Supernatural was developed.  Unless Meph went and changed it behind our backs, those were the powers agreed upon for the role.

I'd be very careful about this.  It's a closed setup, there's no particular reason to guarantee that the roles are unchanged.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29