Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70069 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 3 refuses to stay dead
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2010, 03:54:33 pm »

Eduren, why did you decide to rez the first townie you could?
So that my role would be useful before I died. I knew that there was suspicion on me and there was always the chance of somebody nightkilling me.

Soli-EDIT: And you are still just casting suspicion on those two. Who is scum and why aren't you voting them?

To voice it now wouldn't end well, and I don't want to risk it yet. But I will say that I'm beginning to suspect that Irony's approach is rationally suspicious enough to be that of Town, or a Scum who is very self-aware.

As for JanusTwoFace, I'm trying to peer into your head, at the assumptions you're playing this game with. You approach each day with a pool of players whom you seem to trust, and you try to incense them against one or two others. In your last post, you addressed them as a group (including a player who was dead, which could be a really weak cover for the fact that you'd know they were killed as Scum), and addressed your 'suspects' as another group. That, coupled with a statement that basically equates to "Don't lynch me until the Mass Claim, guys!" while also providing you with a convenient excuse to go last at Mass Claim, really makes you look bad. I know you're a capable and extremely sneaky player Janus. I've seen you weasel your way into a leadership position, and ride the town nearly to a scum victory. I'll reiterate that you hopped in to bus Org too, and rode him hard, making yourself look like a ringleader.

So yes. There you go.
I see where you're coming from on Janus, but that is a whole lot of speculation.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »

Eduren is a fucking zombie, I'm a sexton and I saw everything he did.  Just typing this before further reading.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2010, 04:15:51 pm »

ToonyMan, you've been sort of switching between semi-lurking and not helping. I don't think you've actively hunted scum much at all, and the only attempt I recall is asking me about my waffling over Org day 1, then getting into a pointless, drawn-out discussion with Mr.Person throughout all of day two. You've put up a few good points, but they're just interjections, not actual scumhunting. Do you feel you've been helping town at all?
Yeah I think I'm helping town a lot.

ToonyMan is scummier than I thought. His back-and-forth with Mr.Person, followed by claiming it was Mr.Person who liked to "drag simple arguments out," composes the majority of his activity. Not only is he not helpful, he's incomprehensible when he does post. Almost Org-like.
I did more than that.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2010, 04:17:37 pm »

Eduren is a fucking zombie, I'm a sexton and I saw everything he did.  Just typing this before further reading.
You mean you saw me resurrect Lonewolf? How does that make me suspicious?
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2010, 04:21:44 pm »

Toony, one of two possibilities:
- You're a Townie who was confused about what Eduren was doing in the graveyard
- You're a Scum (not even necessarily a Sexton) who is pretending to be confused about Eduren, so that we'll correct you on it, and we just assume you are as you say, and trust you.
- You're Town, and Eduren is a Zombie.

What did you see that leads you to believe Eduren is not a priest, as he claims?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »

Suppose this means you want to be rendered lynch-immune until we get to Mass Claim, then?

Thinking about it a little bit more, I realize that saying at least part of what I was going to wait to reveal won't hurt anything.

I was role-blocked last night, so there is someone out there at least who knows I didn't do anything last night.  And the second part is that the role-block prevented my action which would have been (at least in my mind) somewhat helpful to the town.

Janus:  Lonewolf was very scummy during day 2, and I was pretty shocked at his town flip.  As far as other people, it didn't have much effect as his actions were mostly solo (or his actions toward Org.)

I don't think he was as scummy as the wagon on him thought he was, you can see it in my post about everyone.  It's nice having an essentially cleared townie for now though.  Although if the Cult recruits, that might become worrisome rather quickly.

As for JanusTwoFace, I'm trying to peer into your head, at the assumptions you're playing this game with. You approach each day with a pool of players whom you seem to trust, and you try to incense them against one or two others. In your last post, you addressed them as a group (including a player who was dead, which could be a really weak cover for the fact that you'd know they were killed as Scum), and addressed your 'suspects' as another group. That, coupled with a statement that basically equates to "Don't lynch me until the Mass Claim, guys!" while also providing you with a convenient excuse to go last at Mass Claim, really makes you look bad. I know you're a capable and extremely sneaky player Janus. I've seen you weasel your way into a leadership position, and ride the town nearly to a scum victory. I'll reiterate that you hopped in to bus Org too, and rode him hard, making yourself look like a ringleader.

That may have come out badly.  I don't have a solid reason to completely trust anyone, although I trust some more than others.  Of that list, Eduren and Mr.Person were on my previously scummy list, IronyOwl and Toaster were not.

I copied and pasted the list from the lynch vote count, thus Mr.Person's inclusion, that was completely accidental.  See last round for just how many mistakes I can make when I don't fact check my longer posts carefully... :-\  For the record, I'd already answered that including Mr.Person was a mistake here when IronyOwl asked it.

So far as the mass claim, I think you're exagerating somewhat.  I don't want to be lynch immune, the only person that should even be considered for that is Lonewolf I and that for today only (IMO).  I've already explained why, I probably could have just out and said it earlier.

I'm not sure that Zombies go to graveyards to bring back dead bodies traditionally, but I guess it could be possible.  If that's the case and ToonyMan is correct, than Lonewolf I is a Zombie now as well unfortunately.

If there's anyone that has more imformation about Lonewolf I's raising, now would be a good time to bring it up.  I don't.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2010, 04:28:09 pm »

It wasn't a resurrection dude, that was full blown zombification, that's what it says in my PM.  If you remember correctly Pandarsenic was a ghoul so you must be the leader.
Then there was this bit in a the flavor text this opening day,
Lonewolf I alive and sitting on the steps of the Town Hall. He seems rather shocked himself, and is busy stuffing his face with a chicken leg. He says he’ll tell you what he knows soon.
This is just for extra emphasis.  I have no doubt you and Lone Wolf should start voting me now and I don't care.

Toony, one of two possibilities:
- You're a Townie who was confused about what Eduren was doing in the graveyard
- You're a Scum (not even necessarily a Sexton) who is pretending to be confused about Eduren, so that we'll correct you on it, and we just assume you are as you say, and trust you.
- You're Town, and Eduren is a Zombie.

What did you see that leads you to believe Eduren is not a priest, as he claims?
(You edited your post, but anyway)
It told me in the PM, he went up to Lone Wolf and went into him, this is no priest.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2010, 04:36:31 pm »

Something you probably don't know about me: I enjoy reading everything at least once as literally as possible.  This greatly amuses and horrifies me at times.

It wasn't a resurrection dude, that was full blown zombification, that's what it says in my PM.  If you remember correctly Pandarsenic was a ghoul so you must be the leader.

I was wondering about that...  If the Cultists or Ghouls of some sort are the actual scum team (or there could be more than one).  I didn't bring it up earlier, because I thought the Cult would have to be the main scum team because they appear to have roles.

The one other problem is that if the Ghouls are the scum team than who killed Pandarsenic?

This is just for extra emphasis.  I have no doubt you and Lone Wolf should start voting me now and I don't care.

The wording in this part bothers me for some reason.  Mostly the "I don't care."  It feels like you're daring them to vote you and if they do, you can go "see, I told you so!"

It told me in the PM, he went up to Lone Wolf and went into him, this is no priest.

When you combine this with the first post I quoted and take them both literally...  Ug.

I'd like to hear what Lonewolf I has to say and how he says it before proceeding.  And for Jokerman-EXE and Archangel to post something, but that's pretty much a given.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

Toony, either you severely misread your PM, or you are scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2010, 04:40:26 pm »

I was wondering about that...  If the Cultists or Ghouls of some sort are the actual scum team (or there could be more than one).  I didn't bring it up earlier, because I thought the Cult would have to be the main scum team because they appear to have roles.

The one other problem is that if the Ghouls are the scum team than who killed Pandarsenic?
If you're directing that question at me, how would I know?

The wording in this part bothers me for some reason.  Mostly the "I don't care."  It feels like you're daring them to vote you and if they do, you can go "see, I told you so!"
More in the line that I don't care if they vote me because of my suspicions, I know they will.

Stop being a passive fuck then.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:29 pm »

(You edited your post)

I was born to edit posts. Its what I do. I see a grammatical mistake, and it drives me crazy. I think of a new possibility I didn't see when I first posted, and I add it. Do you have any idea how much self-control it took to not edit that post when I found out I'd left "two" instead of "three" there?

It took boatloads. Big honking boatloads. Cargohold so full of self-control, the Somali Pirates would've put it all back in neat piles, and then motored on home to spend quality time with their mothers.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:47:21 pm by Solifuge »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2010, 04:44:49 pm »

This is indeed disturbing. It's far too severe to be town Toony screwing up, unless we've got an illusionist or something. Which is possible.

It's also far too bold to be a scum lie unless something strange is going on, seeing as if we lynch either of them we'll know he was lying. He could still claim it was misdirection or an honest mistake, but it seems bizarre to count on something like that.

Given that ToonyMan was suspected but not in dire straits prior to this, I'm inclined to believe him. There's still the danger that it was some sort of misdirection, but sacrificing himself to knock off one additional townie seems way too bizarre to be useful.

Also, what sort of role can roleblock? Nothing on the front page said it could explicitly.

Anyway, ToonyMan, please review your PM extensively. I know it seems stupid, but this is pretty serious, and I'd like to be absolutely certain there's no room for ambiguity.

ADDENDUM:
(You edited your post)

I was born to edit posts. Its what I do. I see a grammatical mistake, and it drives me crazy. I think of a new possibility I didn't see when I first posted, and I add it. Do you have any idea how much self-control it took to not edit that post when I found out I'd left "two" instead of "three" there?

It took boatloads. Big honking boatloads. Cargohold so full of self-control, the Somali Pirates would've put it all back in neat piles, and then motored on home to spend quality time with their mothers.

While I can certainly sympathize, it is against the rules, so for purity's sake please avoid doing so.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2010, 04:47:10 pm »

Stop being a passive fuck then.
Look. As a scum tactic this is pretty terrible. So I really think that you have gotten things wrong.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2010, 04:49:45 pm »

If you're directing that question at me, how would I know?

No.  It was directed in general.  If the Ghouls are the primary scum team, than we either have a Vigilante of some sort (not rolefishing, don't need to know if there is just yet), or there's another third party flowing about (this would be nice to know, but it's harder to tell).

Also, you seem very angry today.  It's rather a switch from your much more passive playstyle until this point.  Any particular reason why?

Don't.  Just don't.  Although if this is true you appearantly got to it fast enough that the usual Edit: ... thing didn't appear.

Also, what sort of role can roleblock? Nothing on the front page said it could explicitly.

Quote from: Potential Town Roles
Guard - the Guard can lock someone in their house and stand guard through the night. This keeps them in, and others out. At least as long as the guard is around.

That's the flavor, that I was locked in my house.  Which makes me unhappy because I just realized that Mr.Person might have been killed right outside my house while I was locked in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »

Also, you seem very angry today.  It's rather a switch from your much more passive playstyle until this point.  Any particular reason why?
Not particular, I am always angry.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29