Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Let's Play Suggestions Thread  (Read 3565 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Let's Play Suggestions Thread
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:32:17 am »

We've got some pretty good LPers, and some pretty good LP's on this forum. I thought it might be a good idea to start a request thread for LPs.

You make the requests, I'll throw 'em into this first post, and keep track of which ones have started and link to them.

Try to make the request be for games that are simple to acquire. By that I mean Steam, Abandonia, freeware games, etc. As with all Bay12 Games threads, piracy discussions won't be tolerated. Don't be the dick that gets this thread closed!

Suggested Games
- Princess Maker 2 (Get the game here.)
- Wizardry VI,VII (Get Them there.) (Try to run the same party through both games!)
- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
- Roller Coaster Tycoon
- Zoo Tycoon
- Grand Theft Auto I & II (Get 'em here!)

Selected In Progress/Completed LPs
- X-Com, UFO Unknown (By cganya, Find it here.)
- Aquaria (By Myroc, Find it here.) (Warning: Huge Images Are Huge) (IT LIVES!! New, HUGE, update! Enjoy!)
- Liberal (Community) Crime Squad (By Grimith, Find it here.) (Completed!)
- Crusader Kings, Deus Vult (By Goron, Find it here.) (Dead/Completed!)
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (By Judas Maccabeus, Find it here.) (Completed)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:05:36 pm by rickvoid »

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: The Let's Play Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:34:59 am »

You may want to add (Erratic Update Schedule) to my LP.

>_>

<_<

Well, let me start with a first request and say Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Which technically isn't available on Steam, Abandonia, nor as freeware, but meh.

Edit: Also, this is a brilliant idea and I support it fully.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:15 am »

You may be wondering. "Why the hell did Rick suggest Princess Maker 2!?"

Well, I found it on Abandonia last night, played the hell out of it, and it amused me greatly.

I think it would make a great vehicle for a LP. You could take suggestions for the schedule, what to do with the money, etc, and do updates in three month bursts, since they don't take very long.

Plus, she can work as a Lumberjack:D

You may want to add (Erratic Update Schedule) to my LP.

>_>

<_<

Well, let me start with a first request and say Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Which technically isn't available on Steam, Abandonia, nor as freeware, but meh.

Edit: Also, this is a brilliant idea and I support it fully.

I was going to add (Update this, you bastard, or put that fluffy bunny in your avatar!) but you'd already done the bunny.  :D

Will add the note about the update schedule.

Folks with completed LP's that see their LPs on here might want to lock them, so the sub-forum doesn't get flooded with well-intentioned necro's.

Edit: We did have an Alpha Centauri Let's Play, as I recall, but it didn't last long. Maybe someone else will be willing to take it up? Added to list.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:03:32 pm by rickvoid »

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:06:48 pm »

Well, I found it on Abandonia last night, played the hell out of it, and it amused me greatly.

I think it would make a great vehicle for a LP. You could take suggestions for the schedule, what to do with the money, etc, and do updates in three month bursts, since they don't take very long.
Someone DID make an LP of this in ages past, but has died long since.

Folks with completed LP's that see their LPs on here might want to lock them, so the sub-forum doesn't get flooded with well-intentioned necro's.
Or, you know, you could just make another category for completed LPs.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:08:28 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »

Besides our forums, there was a certain awesome Princess Maker LP.
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Princess%20Maker%202/
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:03 pm »

Besides our forums, there was a certain awesome Princess Maker LP.
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Princess%20Maker%202/

How many X-com threads have we had? I still would like to see a Bay12 LP of it.

*Begins reading linked LP*

I added (Dead/Completed) tags to the ones that are, but I have no faith in some of this community, you see.  :o

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 12:16:18 pm »

[ninja'd]I read Princess Maker 2, all I can think of is good 'ol Lizzie Shinkicker with her father Gendo Shinkicker (Ikari).[/ninja'd]

I think I like this idea. Makes looking for Bay-12 LPs easier easier to find. You've got a bit of work ahead of you if you have any plans on archiving old completed/discontinued ones though.

As for suggestions, there's a Covert Action LP that's going to start, but I wonder if anyone will take interest in making a Roller Coaster Tycoon (preferably original (+expansions)) LP. But there should be a special set of rules to make it more interesting than a regular playthrough, while still accomplishing the goals. At least, I see some potential with RCT to have some creativity.

It does remind me of a Zoo Tycoon LP I saw before that was run by a kid; but what about someone with a GJJS that does manage to complete his goals, but in a very misguided attempt; or an LP of all the parks being done by the perspective of a workman? Nothing more possibly nightmare fuel than hearing the story of a workman cleaning up a mangled rollercoater with 24 people mashed within, only to hear the nearby hamburger vendor request some of the remains, seeing as he's "low on stock" or something like that.

There could also be the classic Grand Theft Auto games (seeing as Rockstar has them for free download). Prince of Persia games, or Starcon 1 (with the strategy game mode) could also serve for interesting LPs, along with Civilization or Dune 2. And even though I think it would be spoiler city, any of the Myst games ought to be a good challenge (both puzzle and story-telling). At least get the community involved for the puzzles (only those who haven't played/completed the game may participate however. Experienced could accidentally reveal too much).

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »

...I have Alpha Centauri...
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 01:35:04 pm »

I will do princess maker, but does anyone know how to take screenshots in DOSbox?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:55 pm »

I will do princess maker, but does anyone know how to take screenshots in DOSbox?

My copy of Princess Maker is running fine in XP, with no DOS Box. Dunno about vista if you're doing that.

DOSbox has a screenshot button if I remember right. Dunno which one it is though.
[ninja'd]I read Princess Maker 2, all I can think of is good 'ol Lizzie Shinkicker with her father Gendo Shinkicker (Ikari).[/ninja'd]

I think I like this idea. Makes looking for Bay-12 LPs easier easier to find. You've got a bit of work ahead of you if you have any plans on archiving old completed/discontinued ones though.

As for suggestions, there's a Covert Action LP that's going to start, but I wonder if anyone will take interest in making a Roller Coaster Tycoon (preferably original (+expansions)) LP. But there should be a special set of rules to make it more interesting than a regular playthrough, while still accomplishing the goals. At least, I see some potential with RCT to have some creativity.

It does remind me of a Zoo Tycoon LP I saw before that was run by a kid; but what about someone with a GJJS that does manage to complete his goals, but in a very misguided attempt; or an LP of all the parks being done by the perspective of a workman? Nothing more possibly nightmare fuel than hearing the story of a workman cleaning up a mangled rollercoater with 24 people mashed within, only to hear the nearby hamburger vendor request some of the remains, seeing as he's "low on stock" or something like that.

There could also be the classic Grand Theft Auto games (seeing as Rockstar has them for free download). Prince of Persia games, or Starcon 1 (with the strategy game mode) could also serve for interesting LPs, along with Civilization or Dune 2. And even though I think it would be spoiler city, any of the Myst games ought to be a good challenge (both puzzle and story-telling). At least get the community involved for the puzzles (only those who haven't played/completed the game may participate however. Experienced could accidentally reveal too much).

So, Roller Coaster/Zoo Tycoon, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Starcon 1, Civ, Dune 2.

Okay, if anybody will second these I'll add em to the list and find links if I can.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:58:30 pm »

I will second RCT, ZT, and GTA 1&2
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 01:59:23 pm »

Default is CTRL+F5, but I think you can customize it.

Alternatively, you can also CTRL+SHIFT+Print Scr, and paste onto a paint program.

EDIT:
CAUTION: Screenshots in DOSBox using the CTRL+F5 option will make screenshots in their original resolution (not what resolution you were playing in). You may have to scale them up in another program if need be.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:12:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 02:07:19 pm »

Ah thanks, don't like using paint way since I have to pause while putting it in paint and saving it.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 03:32:16 pm »

I will second RCT, ZT, and GTA 1&2

Roller Coaster and Zoo Tycoon appear to still be being sold. Therefore, I will provide no links.

GTA I & II were released free by Rockstar, so that link is now up.

I'll be going to work in a bit, and away from computer based net-surfing. So I won't be updating the OP for a bit.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 06:44:18 pm »

Its Weird. The more I look at our Lp section, the more I think of the SA goons. Huh.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: [1] 2