Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112961 times)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update:
added the versions.xml file with the addresses needed to work with DF 34.01-34.11

it is now compatible with all modded version of DF (but it will still need a different dfjobs.xml for each mod)

merged with the PaulKEWalker branch to add support for the new "sourceand" tag and the Option menu item that let you define a saved config to load at startup

from the PaulKEWalker branch description:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

download: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6462
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:14:48 am by Shishimaru »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity, the other day I set it to have at least 10 cabinets and 10 coffers, and it proceeded to pump out dozens upon dozens of cabinets. Also told it to have 5 of something and it made 15 of it. I'm not clear on the amount set and the checkbox afterward that says something like "all except", so maybe it was something to do with my misunderstanding of how this thing works. Any advice?

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isher can you tell me which version of DF are you using (and if you are using any mod)  and which type of cabinets (rock, wooden, etc)?
It should put duplicate jobs on queue only when the job is not well defined in the dfjobs.xml file.

In the configuration screen there is an "Item buffer" text box (set to a default value of 5). If you ask 5 of something and the item buffer is set to 10 it will queue 15 jobs.

The "all except" checkbox says to dwarf foreman to use all source except the target. So if you want to cut all your gems except 5 you can set the  target to 5 and check the checkbox. This works only for jobs which have their source object defined.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the configuration screen there is an "Item buffer" text box (set to a default value of 5). If you ask 5 of something and the item buffer is set to 10 it will queue 15 jobs.

The "all except" checkbox says to dwarf foreman to use all source except the target. So if you want to cut all your gems except 5 you can set the  target to 5 and check the checkbox. This works only for jobs which have their source object defined.

I think you just solved my problems. I was hazy on details as this was days ago but I just knew the counts weren't what I had asked for, but didn't properly understand the buffer.

Sorry to bother you, this will be useful to know going forward.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!

Having a problem with DwarfForeman 0.7.5 closing with the error message "Unknown DF version.". I'm trying to use it with a LazyNewb-ed v34.11 Dwarf Fortress. This is the first time I've tried using DwarfForeman and I'm not sure if its something I'm doing/not doing or an actual bug!  :)

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation? Thanks!

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!

Having a problem with DwarfForeman 0.7.5 closing with the error message "Unknown DF version.". I'm trying to use it with a LazyNewb-ed v34.11 Dwarf Fortress. This is the first time I've tried using DwarfForeman and I'm not sure if its something I'm doing/not doing or an actual bug!  :)

Are you sure you have it pointing to the right exe or folder? Mine is working fine on lazynewbed 34.11 - I have it in the utilities folder and am running it through the pack program.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply! I tried moving DwarfForeman around but no luck yet.

I don't seem to have any file to specify a path to the game folder. Should there be one? I saw mention on the first page of an options.xml but the only xml files I have in DwarfForeman are dfjobs.xml & versions.xml.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!

Same issue here, i'm just using vanilla DF no mods, but with Ironhand tileset.

XP SP3.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

iTreefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Win XP SP3 here as well.
Ascii, Iron, and Phoebus tilesets all have the problem.  :)

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't matter where Dwarf Foreman is installed, it connect himself to the in memory process.

The "Unknown DF version" error seems to point to a problem with the versions.xml file or with the code that reads the checksum from the DF memory, but I can't reproduce the bug (I've tryed with vanilla DF and with the LNP and it works fine for me with both)

Check if in your versions.xml file you have these lines:

You can also try the previous version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman.zip

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't matter where Dwarf Foreman is installed, it connect himself to the in memory process.

The "Unknown DF version" error seems to point to a problem with the versions.xml file or with the code that reads the checksum from the DF memory, but I can't reproduce the bug (I've tryed with vanilla DF and with the LNP and it works fine for me with both)

Check if in your versions.xml file you have these lines:

You can also try the previous version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33938794/dwarf_foreman.zip

No joy.

Errors: "Allocating Memory Failed" & "Failure finding all vectors :("

I have Win7 on this machine also i'll try that later on.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No joy.

Try to run Dwarf-foreman as administrator.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

This new, wonderful version should either have a new thread for it or the OP should update the first post.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No joy.

Try to run Dwarf-foreman as administrator.

I'm always logged on as administrator.

Shishimaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sometimes under Windows you need to "run as administrator" a program even if you are logged in as administrator.

I know it doesn't make any sense, but it is Windows!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 32