Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 112969 times)

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2011, 10:53:19 pm »

You'll have to be more specific about why your dwarves aren't working.  I serious doubt this utility will help, it's probably more a matter of knowing how to make steel.

not a modded game as far as the dwarfs are concerned (only modification is adding a non dwarf civ).  i turned on to smelt or make ash for every non fisher or hunter dwarf both manually in game and through the other job assigning utility therapist.  i figured this utility would force actions/jobs.

edit: had logs and the ore coal thing that makes 2 net more fuel then correct iron ore and as i mentioned proper skills and labors.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:55:03 pm by soul4hdwn »

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 17, 2011, 03:18:33 am »

You'll have to be more specific about why your dwarves aren't working.  I serious doubt this utility will help, it's probably more a matter of knowing how to make steel.

not a modded game as far as the dwarfs are concerned (only modification is adding a non dwarf civ).  i turned on to smelt or make ash for every non fisher or hunter dwarf both manually in game and through the other job assigning utility therapist.  i figured this utility would force actions/jobs.

edit: had logs and the ore coal thing that makes 2 net more fuel then correct iron ore and as i mentioned proper skills and labors.

have you abandoned/reclaimed? sometimes this causes proublems with job/item assignments, there is a DFhack tool to fix that, DFcleartask I think.

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 17, 2011, 05:55:26 am »

Did you have a dwarf with the architecture labour? I think you need one to build the buildings. Also an anvil.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 17, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

Did you, um, go into the workshop and assign the job to be done?  You know the dwarves don't work automatically, right?

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »

the building was tasked and no dwarf came to the building to work, all dwarfs contained proper labor.  i mentioned before i had proper materials too.
it was not a reclaim, and building was properly built.
guess i need the tool from dfhack as dave said, which i have but haven't used.

sorry for the odd question and lack of knowledge x.x

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:32 am »

Here's what you've said you have so far:
Logs
Bituminous Coal
Iron Ore
Smelter
Dwarves tasked to smelt.

Here's what you need to smelt iron:
Fuel:  Charcoal made from the logs at a Wood Furnace OR Coke made from your Bituminous Coal/Lignite at a Smelter OR at least 4/7 Magma beneath a Magma Furnace.
Materials:  Iron Ore
Workers:  Dwarves tasked with woodburning (if you need to make charcoal from logs) AND Dwarves tasked with Furnace Operating

From what you've said so far, your problem may be that you need a dwarf to burn your logs down into charcoal at a wood furnace to get your process started.  Once you have one piece of charcoal, you can use it to start converting Bituminous Coal into Coke, which will proceed to fuel your smelting industry for as long as supplies last.  Once you're out of coke, though, you'll need to keep chopping down a lot of trees... or go find yourself some magma.  It should be noted that, if you want to make steel, you will still need charcoal/coke even if you have a magma furnace, as well as some flux material.

Also, your problem appears to be outside the scope of this thread.  The General Questions forum may be a better source of information regarding gameplay mechanics.   :)
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:45 am »

Ok, a slight bug.
I used the following in the xml file to add forging of Adamantine Caps to the jobs list:

Code: [Select]
    <dfjob name="cap, Adamantine" category="ADAMANTINE" type="102" subtype="cap" materialType="inorganic" inorganic="ADAMANTINE">
        <item type="cap" material="ADAMANTINE"/>
    </dfjob>

I load up Dwarf Foreman, and it shows up as I would expect. I set the job to run with a target of 5 adamantine caps.
The first tick, Dwarf Foreman queues up 6 forge adamantine cap jobs as expected (5 specified, plus the 1 item buffer).
The next tick, things get wierd. DF sets the first job to a qty of 1, and then queues up a new 6 item job. It proceeds to do this every tick, creating a whole pile of 1 item forge jobs, with the 6 item job at the end of the list. The pending column in Dwarf Foreman shows 6 jobs pending, regardless of how many of the 1 item jobs are in the manager list.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:53:51 am by telarin »

walkerp1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Multiple Required Sources
« Reply #382 on: November 11, 2011, 09:11:08 pm »

Maybe I just missed this, but how about a way to define multiple sources and just report the minimum level in the Source display field? Maybe with a SourceAnd tag or something. Right now I'm trying to set up a "Make Soap from Tallow" job that would take tallow and lye as sources. Currently I have separate jobs for tallow and lye and just hope they keep up. Occasionally they don't, and I get plenty of job cancellation spam on the soap.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 14, 2011, 12:09:35 am »

Let me just note that I love this tool dearly.

walkerp1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Required Sources
« Reply #384 on: November 17, 2011, 01:28:11 am »

Well, I took my own suggestion and had some fun with Google Code to boot. I added support for a sourceand element to allow multiple source groups to be evaluated. Clone repository at http://code.google.com/r/paulkewalker-dwarf-foreman/

Maybe I just missed this, but how about a way to define multiple sources and just report the minimum level in the Source display field? Maybe with a SourceAnd tag or something. Right now I'm trying to set up a "Make Soap from Tallow" job that would take tallow and lye as sources. Currently I have separate jobs for tallow and lye and just hope they keep up. Occasionally they don't, and I get plenty of job cancellation spam on the soap.

walkerp1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Automatic Settings Load
« Reply #385 on: November 24, 2011, 01:31:10 am »

That last change was so much fun that I did another one. This time, I added the option (and support) to load a specified settings file at application startup. As before, the changes are found at: http://code.google.com/r/paulkewalker-dwarf-foreman/

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2012, 04:03:07 pm »

Just a li'l bump here.  Did this ever get updated to fell trees automatically?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »

On a related topic, the new DFHack release includes the "workflow" plugin which incorporates some of this tool's functionality - it's done using a command-line interface (rather than a GUI) and it works by suspending/resuming auto-repeat jobs in workshops (and readding them if they're removed) rather than by using work orders.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2012, 04:20:52 am »

The new DFHack can also designate all trees and plants.

(I couldn't find an option to do all, but you can choose 'all but ...')

pheadrus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:59 am »

;D
How do i get dwarf foreman to work with dwarf fortress 34.01 ?
there are more offsets now. when i run the test.exe it gives me several offsets
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32