Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 113071 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

so, I guess target is the count one want of the selected item; what is the all column for in the configuration page?

by the way, I've hear succes stories of weird job combos, how one does that? messing with the xmls?

edit: well, don't read me wrong, just the brew drink control is plain awesome
edit: ok pig iron added, but can't find a reaction for magnetite/hematite/$random_iron_ore
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:43:26 pm by LoSboccacc »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Pig iron is a custom reaction, all of those are supported.
Brew drink is a standard job without a material, all of those are supported.
Smelt (ore) is a standard job with a material, which happens to be what i am working on for the next version :)

Hope that makes sense.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pig iron is a custom reaction, all of those are supported.
Brew drink is a standard job without a material, all of those are supported.
Smelt (ore) is a standard job with a material, which happens to be what i am working on for the next version :)

Hope that makes sense.

yeah it actually does.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This program look very useful, but where is the dfjobs.xml with all possible reactions and objects in DF 31.25 ?

Because the current list is very limited... and I don't really know how to add more.

Thanks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Don't be sad if there are a lot of jobs missing, a bunch more are about to be added in a few days.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh thank you, I missed that quote.  :P

I'll be waiting eagerly.

Zokinin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting a "Failure finding all vectors. :(" error message and DForeman closes. Dwarf Fortress version is .25. Tried with both version 0.6.5 and 0.6.6 of DForeman.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I'm getting a "Failure finding all vectors. :(" error message and DForeman closes. Dwarf Fortress version is .25. Tried with both version 0.6.5 and 0.6.6 of DForeman.

I knew there had to be someone it wasn't working for.

1) Are you using sdl? If not, sdl support onry.
2) Are you using any mods? That is ok, I want to support them so tell me which ones if so.
3) There is a "test.exe" including with it, run it, hit dump all vectors, and PM me the output if ya could. Thanks :)
4) Also, just for shits and giggles... try a fresh embark and see if it works. I doubt it matters, but if its something to do with your fortress I will need a copy of your save.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Zokinin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) Are you using sdl? If not, sdl support onry.
2) Are you using any mods? That is ok, I want to support them so tell me which ones if so.
3) There is a "test.exe" including with it, run it, hit dump all vectors, and PM me the output if ya could. Thanks :)
4) Also, just for shits and giggles... try a fresh embark and see if it works. I doubt it matters, but if its something to do with your fortress I will need a copy of your save.

1) Yep SDL, never used Legacy.
2) Vanilla. Just redownloaded DF.
3) I'll do that.
4) It is on a fresh embark. Everytime I start playing DF again I start over. :)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Small update

0.6.7 - More progress on handling complicated jobs with a few more jobs supported. Updated QT to 4.7.3

Those jobs included something I really needed for my fort... bolts!

For 0.6.8 I am going to fix the stack handling logic so it doesn't queue 300 jobs to make 300 arrows(it isn't a big deal, it currently will start culling jobs once it figured out it made too many), add and test a bunch more jobs, and make the code a little more robust for people who have modified raws.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:11:18 pm by devek »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I got a job related crash after some time of keeping drinks at 300.

my guess is that after purchasing drinks from the caravan the job item count reduction caused some kind of problem

but

there is no way to know the specifics and I didn't have a debugger ready to get any kind o useful dump.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

DF or Foreman crash?

There is a race condition where DF tries to remove at the exact same moment that Foreman does. The chance of it ever occurring is absurdly small and I didn't think anyone would ever run into it hehe, so I hadn't got around to fixing it yet.. I'll put it on the list of stuff to do for 0.6.8. Like I said earlier, this stuff is all "prerelease" when it comes to supporting the newer versions of DF. 0.7 will be the first "working as intended" version hehe.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:54:03 pm by devek »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dwarf fortress crashed. no bad as I've seasonal save and it's running at solid 200fps right now so nothing of value was lost :P

this stuff is all "prerelease"

sure, I was not complaining about the crash, I was aware of possible consequence of messing with the memory and such and prepared with backups   :D

also, as I'm nerdish, I was running with one second ticks, and that probably encouraged the race condition to happen  :P

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Hehe, go the whole hog and set the tick to 0! (That makes it run once a second).

Also, if you want you can use the item buffer feature. If you set it to 1, foreman will NEVER delete a job and at most only set it to 1 but not delete it. In fact, in that mode there are 0 race conditions that would cause a crash. I should probably make it default at 5 or something anyway, for the simple fact that it makes the process more smooth.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:32:44 pm by devek »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks, nice to know.

I guess that with that flag the jobs may overshoot the target, which is not a problem at all (just repeating like a monkey to make sure I got it =P)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32