Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Godhood II OOC Thread  (Read 21387 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood II OOC Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 07:59:50 am »

Someone make something. :P

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 08:09:45 am »

Tentacled abominations first. :P

Also i think we need two gods more, at least. The current ones are similar in some aspects.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 08:18:24 am »

Bah, fine. I will make something soon if that will get this going.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 08:53:35 am »

Ochita, I'll say that adding all that water into the world automatically thickens the atmosphere some, so only 1 Act cost for that.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 08:57:48 am »

Okay, thank you. So what do spheres do?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 09:04:24 am »

Spheres represent your control over certain elements of the Universe.  When events occur that empower a sphere, the god or gods relating to that sphere may enjoy a bonus Act or two.  Actions relating to that sphere also cost less than they would for a god without that sphere.

To take an example from the previous game, when various gods attempted to create an Underworld, they could only create small microcosms that could collect some, but not all souls.  It was only when gods of Death arrived that they were able to create a full afterlife.  In theory, the non-Death gods could have as well, but it would have cost more Acts.

Some actions may only be available to a certain sphere, while some may be outright prohibited (creating a sea of water when you are solely a fire god - in which case, magma is your friend!).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:43 am »

Do you mind if our spheres change a bit at first, while we are working our characters out? Astra'loth in particular is almost entirely unformed at this point. In fact I might just remove all of its spheres until it has started growing a bit and is more fleshed out.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 09:17:19 am »

Sure, I'll allow some changing of spheres and re-alignments for now.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:26 am »

Im lucky then that I got water & Magic, right?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:48 am »

Is there a maximum number of spheres, or is it sort of a 'the more you have, the weaker they are individually' thing?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2010, 09:20:33 am »

More, weaker.  Tentatively I'd say cap at 5, but if you absolutely need more I can't stop you.

Your first sphere will be your strongest, after that they get weaker until by the 4th one you're really just adding elements to your portfolio (i.e. god of Merchants, Cordwainers etc).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 09:26:56 am »

Alright. I've altered Astra'loth's to suit.

Remember guys, this isn't Astra'ath.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 11:13:07 am »

I hope nobody minds if  my god follows the call of Decay...especially in this universe seem to be much death gods...

Name: Quôth, The Crow God, The Maggotkin

Sphere(s): Decay, Disease, The God of Left-Overs, Crows

Personality/traits: In every reality, in every universe, since the void became conscious there had always been struggles, wars and some might even get so far to say...games between the gods. In their titanic struggles trillions of lifeforms die, plants, animals, sapients... and then after the gods leave, their creations are left behind uncared...untended. Slowly the wondrous things the gods created were decaying. The worlds they left behind are often wastelands, unable to sustain the life left behind. From these left-overs of civilizations Quôth was born. He doesn't cares what these creations are or who made them, he only gathers them and like a crow or a scavenger after battle he uses what is left behind. He has seen many God Wars and he has seen many beings like Astra'ath and even more like the Child Gods. His children are those forgotten, those broken, those wounded and insane that are the surviving victims of God Wars. He gathers them in giant ships and they scavenge what is left over. Even so resourceful beings like Astra'ath don't use everything and even they emit waste. Quôth has seen the potential of Astra'ath and like a swarm of crows follows a host of plundering soldiers, Quôth and his peoples follow Astra'ath knowing that at the ed awaits carrion. For in the Game of Gods there is always a Feast for Crows...

Appearance: Quôth mostly decides to appear in the form of a decaying soldier. 3 m tall wrapped in a armor of unkown metal, which once might have been black but has taken a sickening green colour. From beyond it oozes pus outside and forms small slops around his feet. The only part of his body that isn't armored is his head. His skin is a very pale and if you are close enough you can see greenish veins pulsing directly under the surface of his skin. His head is completely bald, lacking any hair whatsoever. His empty eye-sockets are crawling with carrion bugs and sometimes the one or another falls to the ground instantly swallowed by a flock of crows making up his constant followers.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2010, 11:41:00 am »

What a morbid, ill, universe.

We certainly need some.. Eh.. Creating gods and not just destructive ones.^^

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:50 am »

What a morbid, ill, universe.

We certainly need some.. Eh.. Creating gods and not just destructive ones.^^
Well these were brought into being as a response to Astra'loth's presence. :P

But yes, if I wasn't already doing Astra'loth I would create a being of light/purity/order.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22