Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Godhood II OOC Thread  (Read 21389 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood II OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2010, 01:45:47 pm »

What about my main sphere beingwater. Does that let me have a discount?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 01:46:19 pm »

Yeah, the Holy Vintner of Antioch would basically slaughter entire marine populations, which is why it's overpowered.  The reason it'd get away with a 3 Act rating is because it would only cost 1 Act from a deity to transmute that ocean of wine back into water.  Or 3 acts to create a Holy Purifier of Constantinople to transmute wine (any vintage, but not beer or other types of alcohol) back to water.

Hm.  As for the discount, since your main sphere is water, you'd get a discount on the Holy Vintner to 2 Acts, I'd say.  But you'd still need to spend a whole act creating the 2-litre water to wine jar.  However since you should get a discount I'd allow you to create, say, three of them for 1 Act.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 01:49:36 pm »

Personally, I like that almost all of the gods are somewhat dark and grim. Gives the universe a unique theme, rather than just having deities to fill up unused slots.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »

Yay! A new Godhood!  :D

Not sure if this is acceptable, but:
Name: Garthor
Sphere(s): Mind, Dimensions
Personality/traits: A highly analytical mind, Garthor is mostly uninterested in the usual live of mortals, and prefers to experiment with them, seeing how they react to his creations.
Appearance: A featureless man formed of a nonexistent metal.
Any other categories of importance you would like to add: After Astra'ath left the universe, Dragnar decided to send Garthor after them out of curiosity. Something went wrong though, and as he traveled the void between universes Garthor and his artifact became one, and the godly power within it and the malleability of the void transformed him into a true god.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2010, 02:36:05 pm »

That's probably our current limit for new gods, I'd say, but playing demigods is still an option (NB: I won't necessarily wait for demigods to post their actions before making a turn, however.)

Also, wiki updated w/ turn details.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2010, 02:52:22 pm »

I plan to create a demigod next turn if all goes well, by the way.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 02:58:04 pm »

So mortals have arrived. Time for the gods of death to find a suitable way to deal with the souls of the deceased.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

I'd be game for doing a demigod. Would I request that a god create the character I want, or request to take over a demigod someone creates, or...?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 03:02:27 pm »

I suppose making a request never hurts, but the gods will do as they will.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 03:25:25 pm »

I too would like to try a demigod.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 03:53:13 pm »

I would create a demigod, but how much fun could an atheistic, traveling god hunter be?  :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

You know, it's technically impossible to be an atheist AND hunt gods at the same time... I think... might wanna ask Cleric about that one...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »

I didn't want to point it out, but the very idea of an atheistic god is absurd. If you really didn't believe in gods, you wouldn't believe you were a god nor would you hunt them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 04:03:11 pm »

I think the right term would be...deicidal, deiphobic? Not sure on the spellings of those.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »

Yes, there is a big difference between not believing in gods and wanting to destroy all gods.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22