Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dwarf Plushy!  (Read 4402 times)

Astrobia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Plushy!
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:42:42 pm »

Okay I think technically it's felt... But it's a stuffed/soft toy at any rate.
Behold! (large photo under spoiler)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist Plushdwarf - Miner
Urist Plushdwarf likes Rope Weed Fibre Fabric, Giant Cave Spider Silk, Plaid, Linen, Toy Pickaxes and Beanie Babies for their collectable marketing. He prefers to consume Lint and Fabric softener and absolutely detests Washing Machines.

I have a friend who makes all kind of different craftables and one afternoon see was making some little soft toy gnomes. I commented they looked demented and she asked me if I'd like one. We are both fans of Dwarf Fortress so I commented I'd rather a dwarven miner. So she immediately sets off to design it. She based it loosely on the dwarvern miner graphic from Mike Maydays Graphical Dwarf Fortress Tileset as that's the version we both play. For those wondering it looks like this...

Shortly there after she sent me a photo of it and then gave it to me the next time she saw me. For something she more or less just threw together on the spot I'm somewhat impressed.

Here we see the plushy dwarf in it's natural habitat. Mining out the side of a plushy mountain. It is a prosperous time for the fortress. Soon a Human Action Figure caravan will arrive to trade large bins of cloth and plastic toy tools *cough*accessories*cough* for the finest dwarven crafted pillows and bean bags. It could not be a better time for... Wait...
Oh no! THE MEGABEAST!

Anyway some of her other friends and I are trying to encourage her to start up an etsy store and start selling some of her craftables. (Note, I'm not suggesting she starts making and selling dwarves, wouldn't want to impose on Toady's copywrite or anything... As much as you can have copywrite on the concept of a dwarf... Might be able to convince her to make a few more to donate to bay12 games for use as prizes or gifts to donors as thanks for the countless hours of entertainment dwarf fortress has provided though.)
However, she's just not confident that what she makes is good enough. So in the interest of boosting her self esteem I thought I'd come and see what you guys think of the dwarf she made.
Is it not awesome?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 08:46:36 pm by Astrobia »

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Plushy!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:50:56 pm »

It is absolutely awesome.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:58:09 pm »

D'aww
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »

Urist Plushdwarf is amzing!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:07:32 pm »

It doesn't have the same blank, cold stare that other miners do.Looks pretty cool.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 10:22:27 pm »

Where can I buy one? I want to see how the plush Legendary miner w/ pick face off against my plush dragon. That would be soooooo awesome!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »

Well, if you keep dwarves in your house, one piece of advice...keep an eye on your booze stockpile and shells on hand.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »

It is covered with menacing spikes of love.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 11:57:27 pm »

That's pretty cool.

As a side note, Toady does not have a copyright on dwarves.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:36 am »

That's pretty cool.

As a side note, Toady does not have a copyright on dwarves.
However, if you were to sell them, I would definitely donate some of the money.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 12:45:33 am »

I'd buy seven, send them to my back yard and wait a year. I want to see those traps in action versus my secret tagteam dog-megabeast.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 12:52:43 am »

Shouldn't he be Urist McPlushdwarf?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 01:32:23 am »

This is a plush. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is banded with felt and menaces with spikes of KWIIIIII.
On it is an image of an =3.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 01:46:03 am »

Oh god I want one.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 01:54:51 am »

This is a Cute Dwarf,all craftformiteship is of the highest quality,it is decorated with rings of cute,hanging disks of awwwwww and is menaces with spikes of love.
Pages: [1] 2 3