Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49290 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2011, 12:56:07 pm »

Rugrats: Search for Reptar.
Beat it thrice

I think I was about 8 or 9 when I played it and beat the damn thing in under an hour.  Even as a kid I found it childish.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:05 pm »

You know for me my worst game was Final Fantasy 9. The reason is because I finished it in under a week as a Rental. And never wanted to play it again...

Possibly my least favorite of the Final Fantasy series.  Even FF2 was better and that was a grindfest.

FF9 just stole bits and pieces from earlier Final Fantasies.  Combat moved slowly and everyone looked childlike.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 31, 2011, 05:49:46 pm »

You know for me my worst game was Final Fantasy 9. The reason is because I finished it in under a week as a Rental. And never wanted to play it again...

Possibly my least favorite of the Final Fantasy series.  Even FF2 was better and that was a grindfest.

FF9 just stole bits and pieces from earlier Final Fantasies.  Combat moved slowly and everyone looked childlike.

But the wangst was glorious!
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 31, 2011, 05:51:07 pm »

I don't remember a whole lot of wangst in FF9.  FF7 and FF8 had more, at any rate.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 31, 2011, 08:14:01 pm »

FF2 is my Fav out of the series behind FF3 (Nes). But I would abuse the fact that Beating up yourself was a Faster method to level then fighting monsters. And on reaching a Strong enough level, going down to the bottom of the map under the starting town to that point where there is 3 tiles, which happen to be attached to the Monster Layer of the land below the starting Continent. So your fighting Mantisis, Metal Flans, Grenades and such. High Level monsters that you should be facing yet. And being able to kill them with alot of saving and loading when you get wiped because there was too many, One Mantis for a while, then Two, then Four then Eight. Killing Flans with the Magics which level in the highest stages doing 9999 dmg to even them. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN TO THE FIRST BOSS YET!!! Oh and then killing the Knights in that town you go to, and getting Golden Armour, Flame Bows and Golden Swords... AH.... Being more powerful then anything in the game...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »

Quest 64. Beat the game. Beginning to end.

One of the worst RPGs ever.

And yet it was one of the best RPGs for the Nintendo 64 simply because there were so few RPGs for the system.  Quest 64, Ogre Battle 64...were there any others?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 31, 2011, 10:47:59 pm »

Paper Mario.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 01, 2011, 03:54:39 am »

There was a Harvest Moon game, if that counts.

But yeah, if memory serves Quest 64 was pretty much the only pure-RPG on the system. It was a very sad state of affairs.

Ogre Battle 64 was absolutely fantastic, though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 01, 2011, 06:40:28 am »

There was a Harvest Moon game, if that counts.

I hope you do not mean the SNES one..

But really, which one are you talking about?
Some are worse than others I can agree on that.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 01, 2011, 06:42:15 am »

Rugrats: Search for Reptar.
I loved that game...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 01, 2011, 07:37:01 am »

Can't decisde between the two.  Where's' Waldo (NES) was bad.  Like really really bad.  Everything you've heard about it is true and I've beaten it so I can attest to it.

Then there is Final Fantasy 13 which is a huge series of corridors and cutscenes.  The worst part is that I've played for 10 hours and not left the opening tutorial.  This is flat out unacceptable.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

NotAQuisling

• Bay Watcher
  • Openly Fey
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »

I would say GTA4. I played and loved SA and happily bought 4 only to find that they went all gritty and boring on me. Disappointment.
Download complete in 15 Days and 7 Hours

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

Baroque the concept sounds fun at least, but it didn't tell me how to do anything, it was just wander around, oh shit monsters, how do I fight, okay they're dead, what now?, into this weird structure we go!  A lot seemed broken or completely borked beyond my use.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35