Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49300 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #450 on: May 20, 2011, 04:27:47 pm »

A Boy and His Blob.

I liked A Boy and His Blob. It was hard for a gameboy game :P Had lots of fun feeding my blob different things and dying to those stupid traps.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 20, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »

Call of Duty.

1 was fun. Never played 2 but I hear it was the best. 3 was mediocre. The rest I've enjoyed playing splitscreen with my friends but fuck everything else about them.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 20, 2011, 11:06:49 pm »

There was a spiderman game for the DS, I forget which. Other than that I don't remember any truly bad game I've played, so either I never played, or if I did I must have excised it from my memory to flee from the trauma. I actually like Master of Orion 3 (sure, there are better 4X's, but if you play in the right mind set, of not giving a shit for the micro, and just play around on the macro, it can actually be pretty fun, if not very deep) for example. If I found a game I hated that much, and was not because it was actually literally unplayable and broken (let's say, like that race game where the trucks can't go foward, the devs forgot to put any AI, etc.), the game must be really, really bad.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17:05 pm »

People will be upset with me for saying this, but -

The Paradox 'Alternate History' series of games. I'm sorry, but they basically just play themselves while you ocassionally nudge some numbers and watch. They're barely even games.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 30, 2011, 11:18:01 pm »

I wouldn't go as far as calling them the worst games ever, but they're definitely not what I'd call a rip-roaring good time.

I wouldn't call anything that.
Shoes...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 30, 2011, 11:18:54 pm »

I keep playing them, hoping I like them, and I was excited by the concept of Crusader Kings, but I keep being disappointed. I think the disappoint is what makes them so bad for me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 30, 2011, 11:29:31 pm »

Actually, yeah, what Cthulhu said. I occasionally have a really good session with one or two of them, and it's nice to have them, but I can't play them for an extended period of time.

Maybe if they had better tutorials. I still have no idea what factories do or how to industrialize.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 31, 2011, 04:38:52 am »

Quest 64. Beat the game. Beginning to end.

One of the worst RPGs ever.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 31, 2011, 04:40:37 am »

The Last Remnant. I absolutely cannot f**king beat the guy in the metal suit and the hot chick. Bloody joke is what it is. Even with grinding for days on end it's still impossible.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 31, 2011, 10:14:58 am »

I.L.S. Instrument Landing Simulator, for Apple 2

You had to land a plane on an airport. Using instruments. In a pitch black night (so that the only time you see ANYTHING is when you crash in the middle of nowhere)
Never managed to land. Nor to find the airport. Although I tried for several days.

Well, at least, the title wasn't deceiving. It was an instrument landing sim. Not a game...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 31, 2011, 10:36:04 am »

You know for me my worst game was Final Fantasy 9. The reason is because I finished it in under a week as a Rental. And never wanted to play it again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 31, 2011, 11:15:24 am »

Star Wars: Galaxies

Granted, I got into it after the infamous changes they made to make becoming a jedi easier (as well as completely changing around the skill system.)

They completely screwed up trying to make the setting immersive. I admit, I only spent about 2 weeks playing it, but my biggest gripe was that they made Tatooine one of the starting planets, thus guaranteeing it would constantly have the largest population in the game. I want to know what made them think that would be a good idea. Also, since people can build their own buildings there, it turns out that Tatooine is also the most developed. Strange, that backwater desert planet.

Forgive the nerd in me, I used to love Star Wars. I even still think they had a good series of games going, for a while. But for me, a Star Wars MMO shouldn't just be "let's throw a bunch of junk from the movies in there and call it a day without even thinking about mechanics or how things will fit together. All the players want to do is hit aliens with lightsabers, right?"

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 31, 2011, 11:16:39 am »

armada 2526.

It was so bad, it disappointed me so hard it made me get a refund within the hour of buying it.
And i've got a lot of games that aren't as good as they were supposed to.

believe everything bad reviewers have said about it, and dismiss everything good.

Cant really think of others right now; the games i dont like are usually still at least MADE well and possibly to the liking of others.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:23:36 am by Lord Snow »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 31, 2011, 11:41:03 am »

Rugrats: Search for Reptar.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile