Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35392 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Scatterbrain dead! Oh noes! D2 has begun.
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:52 pm »

I'm just lurking caquse its funny how you guys follow vectors advice like the bible.. he/she has managed to direct attention towards me by repeating themselves in 3 seperate posts on this page alone. Apparently I'm the only one to find this odd as they did the same thing the first day against someone else.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:24 pm »

Der.. last page.. didnt realize my post would start a new page  >:(

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2010, 03:00:48 pm »

So instead of refuting the points brought against you, you deflect attention to someone voting you?  That's pretty scummy, shibdib.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 -Scatterbrain killed? Oh noes! D2 has begun.
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2010, 06:34:34 pm »

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Ottofar - {1} Vector
shibdib - {3} USEC_OFFICER, Ottofar, Toaster
Vector - {1} shibdib
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

Thendash, Rube

Day ends Wednesday at 8:00pm CST.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2010, 01:09:29 am »

I'm requesting a sub. I just don't have the time or will to continue on with this game. Sorry guys(and gal).
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:36 am »

Toaster: What made you realise Bandages was town here?

An unrelated observation: Scatterbrain was night killed. He was an unknown player, having joined just before the end of D1. This makes him suspicious - he's a wildcard to the Town, something they don't yet understand and may fear.

Why night kill an unknown and suspicious player over any of the less suspicious players we have? One reason may be that the less suspicious players are the scum.

Imagine you are scum, and it is night. You must kill a townie. You have 3 scummy townies and 1 townie that never gets suspected to pick from. You would kill the unsuspected townie. This would leave the remaining townies left with only scummy choices, making the game harder for them.

Imagine the above situation, only the scum IS the townie that never gets suspected. They can only pick from the 3 scummy townies now, so they pick the least scummy of the 3 (the least 'valuable'). The townies would see a scummy townie getting night killed while the unsuspected townie (who is actually scum) remains alive.

I believe we are in the above situation. Of course there are other explanations, but they delve into WIFOM logic.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2010, 06:58:51 am »

Toaster: What made you realise Bandages was town here?

An unrelated observation: Scatterbrain was night killed. He was an unknown player, having joined just before the end of D1. This makes him suspicious - he's a wildcard to the Town, something they don't yet understand and may fear.

Why night kill an unknown and suspicious player over any of the less suspicious players we have? One reason may be that the less suspicious players are the scum.

Imagine you are scum, and it is night. You must kill a townie. You have 3 scummy townies and 1 townie that never gets suspected to pick from. You would kill the unsuspected townie. This would leave the remaining townies left with only scummy choices, making the game harder for them.

Imagine the above situation, only the scum IS the townie that never gets suspected. They can only pick from the 3 scummy townies now, so they pick the least scummy of the 3 (the least 'valuable'). The townies would see a scummy townie getting night killed while the unsuspected townie (who is actually scum) remains alive.

I believe we are in the above situation. Of course there are other explanations, but they delve into WIFOM logic.

Imagine a situation, where you are scum, and you were in the top two suspects in the game. Imagine, you night kill the "wild card", and then accuse the least suspicious player of being scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - D2 has 36 hours remaining! (Replacement Requested)
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:56 am »

Rube:  Nothing specific.  Neither player struck me as particularly scummy.  It's always possible that two town get misguided and start attacking each other, and I think that's what happened there.

Regarding your observation- for what purpose did you post that?  You don't come to any real conclusions with it, and all it does is muddy the waters.  If you use something like that to make an accusation, great, but seeding doubt and not attacking with it doesn't help anyone but scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2010, 12:28:45 pm »

Hypothetical possibilities after hypothetical possibilities.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

I'm not even gonna bother arguing anymore

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:03 pm »

In Mafia, that's basically saying "lynch me now please."  Sure about that one?

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2010, 05:58:03 am »

Rube:  Nothing specific.  Neither player struck me as particularly scummy.  It's always possible that two town get misguided and start attacking each other, and I think that's what happened there.

What makes you think Vector is town? I've asked you this before, and you never really answered me.

You called Bandages being Town, but didn't seem interested in defending him beyond that when it was obvious he was going to be lynched. Why were you okay with a townie being lynched?

Regarding your observation- for what purpose did you post that?  You don't come to any real conclusions with it, and all it does is muddy the waters.  If you use something like that to make an accusation, great, but seeding doubt and not attacking with it doesn't help anyone but scum.

I was just interested to see who would jump on me for accusing the 'unsuspicious' players of being scum, and why. I didn't get much of a reaction anyway. For the record, I don't think there are any unsuspicious players in Mafia. Being unsuspicious is suspicious in itself.

Imagine a situation, where you are scum, and you were in the top two suspects in the game. Imagine, you night kill the "wild card", and then accuse the least suspicious player of being scum.

I think you're trying to place ideas in people's heads. I'm one of the top two suspects, am I? And who was I accusing of being scum? A name would be helpful.

Ottofar, your strategy so far seems to involve attacking whoever last acted vaguely scummy. Your accusations never seem to take into consideration how a player has acted across the game, only their last post and anything you can dig up in it. I don't know why a townie would act like this. I can think of a few reasons why scum would.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 -Scatterbrain killed? Oh noes! D2 has begun.
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2010, 05:58:34 am »

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Ottofar - {2} Vector, Rube
shibdib - {3} USEC_OFFICER, Ottofar, Toaster
Vector - {1} shibdib
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

Thendash

Day ends This Evening at 8:00pm CST.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:26:19 pm by Lonewolf I »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:27 am »

What makes you think Vector is town? I've asked you this before, and you never really answered me.

You called Bandages being Town, but didn't seem interested in defending him beyond that when it was obvious he was going to be lynched. Why were you okay with a townie being lynched?

Nothing she's done has struck me as particularly scummy.  I looked at the argument, tried to figure out which one was scum, and decided I doubted either one was.  There were others I wanted to focus on at that time, like Thendash.

Unless I'm extremely sure someone is town, I'm not going to defend anyone.  If a person is getting votes, it's probably because they were acting scummy.  The only defense I'd mount is an attack on the people I feel are most scummy.  If I can get scum to crack and everyone lynches them instead, then I've done my job.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2010, 09:43:09 am »

Lonewolf:  You missed Rube's Ottofar vote.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20