Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35412 times)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Underway!
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2010, 03:22:05 pm »

Vector vs Bandages is striking me as two townies duking it out, while scummier people like Thendash lurk away in the background.  Thendash, you said...

I'm getting a lot of scummy vibes from a few different people. I'm gonna re-read the thread then post my findings sometime later today when I have more time.

...then never followed through, despite being online.  This is one of my favorite scum tells.  Please grace us with your presence, and let us know who is vibing scummy to you.

Yeah, I was going to post but then that whole spat between bandages and vector happened so I thought I better let that settle itself out. Now I really don't know what to make of it. It could be two townies duking it out, it could be two scum in some crazy ploy, or one of them could be scum trying to start a bandwagon.
Unvote

Ottofar, I've been waiting for someone to get involved in Vector and my argument for no reason other than we are both drawing attention to ourselves. You offer no reason other than "you are being loud, therefor, easily lynchable". I actually have very little belief Vector is a mafia at this point.
This sort of sounds like Bandages never had the intention to lynch vector the whole time, and was just using the argument as a way to get an easy lynch. That seems pretty scummy to me, but the question is whether or not vector is in on it and is scum as well.

Rube has kinda rubbed me the wrong way the whole time but it's more of a gut feeling then anything.
Unvote.
I'd like to vote Bandages off first, but I'm not sure I'd get any support for that. I'm not 100% sure about Vector - she could've been trying a misguided attempt to help organise town, but I doubt it. I suspect things will go one of two ways;

1. We end up lynching Vector. If she flips scum, vote Bandages off next.

2. Bandages and Vector attempt to get me lynched next. After I flip town, vote them off next please.

fakeedit - nevermind, Ottofar voted Bandages while I was posting. Bandages.
This seems really scummy to me, he was going to vote vector but then someone else(ottofar) voted bandages so he switches his vote. That's a blatent bandwagon, and that's bad.
2. Bandages and Vector attempt to get me lynched next. After I flip town, vote them off next please.
When people say that, it makes me really suspicious. When I was scum last game, I tried to drop stuff like this whenever I could, not a good tactic at all but I was new and I realise how bad of a tactic it is now.

FOS Bandages, I think we need to lynch him soon. His posts usually just end up confusing people and that is bad when trying to route out the scum.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:48 pm »

Unvote

Ottofar, I've been waiting for someone to get involved in Vector and my argument for no reason other than we are both drawing attention to ourselves. You offer no reason other than "you are being loud, therefor, easily lynchable". I actually have very little belief Vector is a mafia at this point.

While Rube's examination of mine and Vector's 'fight' is in depth and full of stragetic thought, yours is simple and lacks any real accusation other than "long posts AREN'T scummy, so therefor you are". Also that vote came after lurking for a large portion of this game. Nail in the coffin, my scummy friend.

You place the 3rd vote on Vector, an easy target to start a bandwagon against. You then put a lot of effort into attacking Vector, possibly to make it seem like there's more debate and dissent surrounding her than actually exists. You claim this was all a clever ploy to lure the REAL scum out when votes start dropping on you, and that you don't think Vector is actually scum - you dropped the 3rd vote against someone you admit you didn't think was scum, near the end of the day.

Yeah, I don't buy it.

Your clever ploy makes no sense. If Vector is a townie as you claim, why would making a lot of noise make the true scum vote for you? They'd jump on the Vector bandwagon for an easy townie lynch.

Your actions are, again, defensive. Ottofar and myself vote for you. You attack Ottofar and compliment me. You're attempting to defuse both our votes against you, and you do it at the expense of your vote for the person you originally wanted to get lynched (Vector).

This seems really scummy to me, he was going to vote vector but then someone else(ottofar) voted bandages so he switches his vote. That's a blatent bandwagon, and that's bad.

It was a fakeedit. If I wanted to hide the fact that I was going to vote for Vector originally I could've done it real easily. I suspect both of them are scum, and would vote for either. I'd rather lynch Bandages first though, as I suspect him a great deal more. I said as much in my last post.

Also, how is dropping the 2nd vote on Bandages more of a bandwagon than the 4th vote on Vector?

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2010, 04:02:56 pm »

fakeedit - 3rd vote on Bandages, forgot that Vector originally had a vote on him.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:33 pm »

If you guys lynch me (and you probably will, seeing how things are going now) You should lynch Rube or Ottofar next.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2010, 06:45:58 pm »

Edit: When I flip town, of course  :P

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Has Begun!
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2010, 06:48:11 pm »

Votecount:
Thendash - {1} Toaster
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Bandages - {3} Vector, Ottofar, Rube
Scatterbrain - {0}
Ottofar - {1} Bandages
shibdib - {0}
Vector - {2} shibdib, Scatterbrain
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {1} Thendash

Not Voting:

USEC_OFFICER

Day ends Wednesday at 8:00pm CST.
One hour remaining.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Almost Over!
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2010, 08:35:14 pm »

Rube stood, and with a sudden lunge he tackled Bandages and drove him to the ground.

"Why are you so eager to off Vector, Scum!", he screamed as his fist met Bandage's face.

Before he could land a second blow, shibdib grabbed his shoulders and pulled him off, maneuvering him into an armlock.

"Calm yourself, Rube.  Vector is the Scum here. Don't you see that?"

Ottofar grabbed the rope. "All I see is filthy, bandwagoning Scum."

Bandages, recovered now, stood.

"It's alright, shibdib.  If my death is what it takes to open their eyes, then I shall rest easy knowing it was not in vain."

Ottofar threw one end of the rope over the rafters.  Vector caught it and took up the slack.  Bandages stood up on a chair.

As Ottofar placed the noose about Bandage's neck, his eyes met each of the other's in turn.

"Rube and Ottofar.  There are your scum."

Rube spat on him, then kicked out the chair.  A muffled crack. Bandages shuddered, and was no more.

"Look at this!", Toaster exclaimed, stooping to pick up something off the floor beneath Bandage's feet.

"A wallet.  He must have been holding it as he died."

Opening it up, pictures are found of his wife and daughter.  A quick search of Bandage's pockets turn up newspaper clippings.

WOMAN FOUND DEAD!, the headlines read.  CHILD MISSING. MAFIA BELIEVED RESPONSIBLE.

"He really was innocent." said Scatterbrain.  "What do we do now?"

Silence was the only response.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Almost Over!
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2010, 08:37:08 pm »

The day has ended.

Bandages has been lynched!

Bandages was a Townie!

Night has begun!  Send in your night actions!

Day Two begins on Thursday at 8:00pm CST, or whenever all the night actions have arrived.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Morning dawns red, and as you file into the abandoned church one of your number is missing.  Scatterbrain.  Fortunately, Thendash knew where his house is, so you head out to search it.  Moving room by room, conscious of the possibility of a Mafia ambush, you finally stumble upon his bedroom, only to see him fast asleep underneath the covers.  Ottofar shakes him, calling his name, but he fails to awaken.  Pulling back the covers, the cold pallor of his skin reveals his sleep to be that of the dead.

Scatterbrain has been Killed!
He was a Townie.

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {0}
Ottofar - {0}
shibdib - {0}
Vector - {0}
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

Thendash, USEC_OFFICER, Ottofar, shibdib, Vector, Toaster, Rube

Day ends Wednesday at 8:00pm CST.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:48:28 pm by Lonewolf I »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Shibdib, your participation is very lacking.  Why do you think Scatterbrain was chosen to be killed?

Thendash: Same question to you.  Also, you wanted Bandages lynched per your last post- are you happy that he was?

Rube:  Your last two posts of D1 are scummy.  First you throw the third vote on Bandages, then turn around and condemn Bandages for putting the third vote on Vector?  Does not compute!  This is a meta reason, but you say Ottofar posted while you were typing, yet his post was 47 minutes before yours.  Are you BSing us?

Also, how does Bandages town flip affect your suspicions of Vector?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rube:  Your last two posts of D1 are scummy.  First you throw the third vote on Bandages, then turn around and condemn Bandages for putting the third vote on Vector?  Does not compute!  This is a meta reason, but you say Ottofar posted while you were typing, yet his post was 47 minutes before yours.  Are you BSing us?

I thought Bandages was scummy for his reasoning for landing the 3rd vote on Vector, not because it was the 3rd vote. She was an easy target, having been suspected since the game began with that dissection of the players. Also Bandages backtracked after 2 votes (Ottofar's and mine) landed on himself, claiming it was all a trap for the true scum, which makes no sense for the reasons I gave in my last post. That was what made me very sure he was scum.

Obviously I was wrong, but I stand behind my reasoning. If you can find fault with my reasoning at the time, please do so. I think I was justified in coming to the conclusion that Bandages was scum, incorrect though it was.

As for the 47 minutes gap - I mostly post from work. I snatch 5 minutes here and there to write when I can. It can take a while for even a simple reply to get posted.

After the results of day 1, I'm not sure. I'm going to re-read everything posted so far in light of Bandages being a townie, and see if that reveals anything new.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

fakeedit: also, nice flavour Lonewolf! I'm not sure I killed enough orphaned kitten nuns in it though. :P

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shibdib, your participation is very lacking.  Why do you think Scatterbrain was chosen to be killed?

Thendash: Same question to you.  Also, you wanted Bandages lynched per your last post- are you happy that he was?

Toaster, you've come out of lurking twice now to call me out for lurking and have posted nothing in between those accusations, where as I have(a rather long post infact). I think you need to get more involved if you want to call people lurkers. Am I happy a towny was lynched? Of course not, I would have much rathered if he was scum. But I still stand by what I said, his posts were confusing people which is bad since all our focus should be on finding scum, not figuring out the meaning of his posts. Why do I think Scatterbrain was killed? He was a replacement, an unknown factor which is potentially dangerous to the scum. Last game me and weirdbeard used out first nightkill to kill diablous which was a replacement and then tried to frame his death on someone. My words of rather little wisdom, if someone tries to connect you with the death of scatterbrain, then be suspicious of them. You are starting to connect his death with me and thus the FOS.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile

? What are you talking about not active. And he was clearly killed because me and him were onto something.

Vector Has avoided any pressure on themselves by redirecting it too other innocent people.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Thendash:  You misinterpreted my post.  I just wanted your answer to "Why do you think Scatterbrain was chosen to be killed?"  I don't think you're lurking any more.

Shibdib:  You had four posts in day 1:  a random vote with no question, an apology for editing, a bandwagon vote based off USEC's joke, and a claim that you'll actually play since there's an extension.  That is not participating.

If you think Vector killed Scatterbrain for voting him, why do you think she picked him over you?

Rube: It just struck me as odd the way you only voted him after someone else second voted him.  If you think someone is the scummiest person in the game, why not vote them?  Follow your intuition and reasoning, not the crowd.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20