Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Mafia wins!  (Read 35414 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Has Begun! Need town IC!
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »

Votecount:
Thendash - {0}
USEC_OFFICER - {2} Rube, Ottofar
Bandages - {1} Vector
Scatterbrain - {0}
Ottofar - {0}
shibdib - {1} Toaster
Vector - {2} shibdib, Scatterbrain
Toaster - {0}
Rube - {0}

Not Voting:

Thendash, USEC_OFFICER, Bandages

Day ends Wednesday at 8:00pm CST.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 13 - Day One Is Underway!
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »

Let me get this straight.

Vector is making gargantuan posts that are dripping with scummy things.

[citation needed].  What's scummy about making large posts, and what about their contents do you find problematic?

Because several mafia I have seen have employed that tactic to say "Hey look I know so much that I must be a helpful town. Gee these people sure look suspicious! Vote for them and not me."

The fact that I am providing information--helpful or not--is tantamount to "gargantuan posts dripping with scummy things" ?  Pardon me, doodabuddy, but are you serious?

You've got to bring some better allegations than that, because this is just pathetic.

Terse and to-the-point posts are the most effective in this game because of both readability and the fact that they mostly don't draw attention to yourself.

You seem to be awfully interested in self-protection for someone who's purportedly town.  Don't buy it.

One of the biggest reasons, you're #1 on my scum suspect list so far is because of your long, long, incredibly long posts. This, coupled with the fact that you've already tried to misdirect on others makes you pretty scummy looking. Unless someone fucks up bad soon, I'm going to suggest lynching you for Day 1 based on my suspicions.

[citation needed].
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:26 pm »

How are you reading these things in my posts? I'm done talking to you, it is beyond reason.

Vector. Next time you get assigned as scum, don't make the same mistakes you made this time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2010, 11:33:02 pm »

How are you reading these things in my posts? I'm done talking to you, it is beyond reason.

Vector. Next time you get assigned as scum, don't make the same mistakes you made this time.

You're a moron.  Are you actually listening to what you're saying, or does it just magically spill out of your mouth?  See, now I can't actually explain anything, because you've decried all long posts as bad.  Has it ever occurred to you that people write long posts when they have a lot to say, and perhaps "having a lot to say" is not a sign of definite scumminess?

If you want to push a lynch on me, then go ahead--but when I flip town, I fully expect the rest of you to examine Bandages' statements more closely.  Whenever I ask him to explain his reasoning, he just laughs it off and threatens me with a vote.  He doesn't ask questions.  Whatever he mentions as a solid reason for his vote ends up vaporizing when pressed.

Now, in all seriousness: I'll happily remove my vote from you if you can explain the "mistakes" I've made, and start patching together your shaky logic.  On the other hand, you're playing in Supernatural, aren't you?  Do my posts look any bigger than, say, Mr. Person's?  Or are you just making a big deal out of nothing, dropping the third vote on someone with little reasoning, and pushing the lynch for vacuous reasons?

Oh, and by the way: if you want to complain about my logical and analytical skills, I'm a math major with a healthy dose of literary analysis on the side.  You may disagree with my reasoning, but that does not mean it is nonextant.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:06 pm »

Your math degree and a quarter will get you twenty five cents.

Don't bring your real life ego into mafia. It's a game.

I'm saying that you've not once answered any questions I've given you. You've made long posts describing the suspiciousness of every other player, and you've been reading things in my posts that haven't been there. Being an asshole to me won't change the fact that you are showing scummy behavior, and threatening "I am so gonna be town when I die" doesn't actually matter, since a mafia could just as easily say that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2010, 11:46:35 pm »

Your math degree and a quarter will get you twenty five cents.

Don't bring your real life ego into mafia. It's a game.

I'm saying that you've not once answered any questions I've given you. You've made long posts describing the suspiciousness of every other player, and you've been reading things in my posts that haven't been there. Being an asshole to me won't change the fact that you are showing scummy behavior, and threatening "I am so gonna be town when I die" doesn't actually matter, since a mafia could just as easily say that.

I'll give you your own advice: don't bring your real life ego into this.  If you can tell me my logic is bad, then I can call you a moron--it's only fair.

Please show me one question you have asked me and I have not answered.  Please also show me some "scummy behavior" other than the writing of long posts.  Please also address the "citation needed" that I gave you for your other statement.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2010, 11:53:28 pm »

This is a flame war. It is stupid. I am done.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2010, 11:56:33 pm »

This is a flame war. It is stupid. I am done.

Yes, it's stupid.  I wouldn't call it a flame war, though... far from it.

If you want to bring some meaty accusations, then bring them.  That's your responsibility, though, and not mine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2010, 12:01:04 am »

Fakedit: Whoops, you're in Dethy.  Wrong game =/

I guess you would expect something else, then, because the mood is completely different.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:48 am »

Ahem. Unvote.

Bandages. I, for one see nothing scummy at making long posts, specifically if they don't contain tells.

Your 'tell' is that Vector posts a lot. Take a look at her other games. She pretty much always posts like that.

You, on the other hand, place the third vote on Vector, for practically no reason.

Scum.

Rube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2010, 05:50:49 am »

Unvote.

It's nearing the end of day 1, and these are my suspects along with reasons;

Vector
I think it's been stated a good few times why Vector was acting suspiciously. I think she was attempting to gain control of the flow of the game. First with her psychological profile, setting up several people as 'baddies' based on no evidence. Then by forwarding the idea of the 'stage' - that we should all focus on one person at a time. Obviously, controlling where townies are focusing their attention would be very powerful for scum.

Bandages
First, he was absent near the start of the game, only reappearing after I idly accused him of lurking. He makes a show of scumhunting after that, but he doesn't really put pressure on anyone. He defends himself with more effort and vigor than he uses to accuse anyone else.

It looks too calculated to me. The bare minimum of posts not to appear to be hardcore lurking, and token show of scumhunting without pressuring anyone hard enough to annoy them and draw ire. His accusations seem to mostly be based on misinterpretaing otherwise clear posts, too.

Then he latches onto Vector and really lays into her. Without having done any serious scumhunting he seems very sure that Vector is scum. Either he's attempting to start a bandwagon against who he feels is a weak target, or he knows Vector is scum and is bussing her because she's become an obvious target and likely candidate for first day lynch regardless of his intervention. Being able to say 'I voted that scum off on day 1' would be a powerful card later in the game for him - I believe it's a little unorthodox to bus your scumbuddy on day 1.

I'd like to vote Bandages off first, but I'm not sure I'd get any support for that. I'm not 100% sure about Vector - she could've been trying a misguided attempt to help organise town, but I doubt it. I suspect things will go one of two ways;

1. We end up lynching Vector. If she flips scum, vote Bandages off next.

2. Bandages and Vector attempt to get me lynched next. After I flip town, vote them off next please.

fakeedit - nevermind, Ottofar voted Bandages while I was posting. Bandages.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2010, 08:01:36 am »

Vector vs Bandages is striking me as two townies duking it out, while scummier people like Thendash lurk away in the background.  Thendash, you said...

I'm getting a lot of scummy vibes from a few different people. I'm gonna re-read the thread then post my findings sometime later today when I have more time.

...then never followed through, despite being online.  This is one of my favorite scum tells.  Please grace us with your presence, and let us know who is vibing scummy to you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:31 am »

Writing someone off and ignoring them is no good.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:18 am »

Unvote

Ottofar, I've been waiting for someone to get involved in Vector and my argument for no reason other than we are both drawing attention to ourselves. You offer no reason other than "you are being loud, therefor, easily lynchable". I actually have very little belief Vector is a mafia at this point.

While Rube's examination of mine and Vector's 'fight' is in depth and full of stragetic thought, yours is simple and lacks any real accusation other than "long posts AREN'T scummy, so therefor you are". Also that vote came after lurking for a large portion of this game. Nail in the coffin, my scummy friend.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2010, 12:38:00 pm »

Unvote

Ottofar, I've been waiting for someone to get involved in Vector and my argument for no reason other than we are both drawing attention to ourselves. You offer no reason other than "you are being loud, therefor, easily lynchable". I actually have very little belief Vector is a mafia at this point.

While Rube's examination of mine and Vector's 'fight' is in depth and full of stragetic thought, yours is simple and lacks any real accusation other than "long posts AREN'T scummy, so therefor you are". Also that vote came after lurking for a large portion of this game. Nail in the coffin, my scummy friend.

What. You say you landed 3rd vote on a player, you don't think is scum. You say my only reason is that long posts aren't scummy, while yours was, 'long posts are scummy'.

And, as WIFoMous it sounds, why the hell not hop on Vector-bandwagon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20