Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Screw Contaminants  (Read 9588 times)

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Screw Contaminants
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 10:07:23 am »

b-but loseing is fun

>8D

I know! Which is why we need disease!

Listen, my average for has a complete moat with traps around the entire map, plus a sixteen-man army with legendary wrestling AND a weapon skill, plus archer cover, more traps and a magma failsafe over the only entrance. All connections to river or magma pipe are blocked off by naturally carved fortifications; I have two farms, one greenhouse and one subterranean, both irrigated from a master water system with a plate-controlled floodlock. I have legendary cooks and brewers keeping my dwarves in lavish prepared meals, and masterwork statues and engravings cover everything. And then I get bored, and *can not lose*.

I want my fortress to fall apart around me, not have to tear it down brick by brick; but incompetence doesn't do much if you're well enough prepped. However, a nice, solid zombie virus... that's another story.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 10:27:19 am »

It's DFCleanMap, not DFCleanFort, sorry.  I downloaded a compiled copy from someplace that works fine for me.  Let me find the link here ...

http://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-bin-0.4.0.3b.zip

Just unzip it and run the executables as desired, from the folder.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 10:38:21 am »

it says the applications configuration is not correct

.. ???
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 10:51:03 am »

When you have problems you *really* ought to specify at a minimum your operating system and which version of DF and DFHack you're using.

I've only had problems with it because I'm running it on linux which is less supported. I initially had some trouble compiling, and now sometimes I get  shared access memory error... but it mostly works.

If you read all the help files and have the right version, and it's still not working... I'd suggest asking Peterix for help in the DFHack thread in the modding forum. He's always really helpful.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 11:02:49 am »

The best idea is to have a water filter system where a waterfall cleanses any dwarf that goes to a living area, dining hall, etc.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 11:11:24 am »

Cowards! Why did you let them enter your fotresses? Why did you not venture out and slay them where you could flush away their blood without damage?

Your cowardice, and your refusal to go out and meet your enemy, that is what's killing your dwarves!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:33 am »

Ive currently got the same problem with one of my forts. For some reason this blood only seems to target small animals and children. Which is kinda funny really. I hate dwarf children, they are bloody useless. However its terrible for moral so i would like to clean it up.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

Cowards! Why did you let them enter your fotresses? Why did you not venture out and slay them where you could flush away their blood without damage?

Your cowardice, and your refusal to go out and meet your enemy, that is what's killing your dwarves!

Look, if you want to go outside and frolic in the meadows like an elf that's your right.  I won't hold it against you.

But I'm going to stay inside with stone over my head and magma to warm my heart - like all normal dwarves do.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:28 am »

Might be a little late to bring this up, but perhaps the blood in question is smeared on a dorf's clothes and that is how it's getting around?
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:19 pm »

My first fortress on the 31.01 release had a very interesting encounter with a FB. I had walled myself off from the caverns, and after several dozen FB's came, eventually one came that excreted some sort of poison whenever it went through water, turning it white. Eventually I needed a source of freshwater, and since I was on the ocean, I had to use cavern water for a water source. After a while I noticed I was getting a lot of messages about job cancellation, resting injury. Apparently the water had been contaminated with a paralytic, and anyone who drank from it became numb, temporarily.

And my dwarves became immune to pain.

Suilenroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 12:15:03 pm »

Next time, isolate the blood and use it in a goblin drowning/poisoning pit.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 12:18:41 pm »

My first fortress on the 31.01 release had a very interesting encounter with a FB. I had walled myself off from the caverns, and after several dozen FB's came, eventually one came that excreted some sort of poison whenever it went through water, turning it white. Eventually I needed a source of freshwater, and since I was on the ocean, I had to use cavern water for a water source. After a while I noticed I was getting a lot of messages about job cancellation, resting injury. Apparently the water had been contaminated with a paralytic, and anyone who drank from it became numb, temporarily.

And my dwarves became immune to pain.

Ooh, more info, please? I'm syndrome-obsessed, and I don't know where or how what you described would work in the current system...
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Dakkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 12:24:35 pm »

Well, I occasionally watched the FB wander through the water, and it didn't leave a white water trail every single time. I'm not completely sure, but I THINK that something in the caves was hurting it, and it would then wander through the water, bleeding. Of course now that I think about it I was pretty sure it was one of those unkillable material FB's (This is .01 release) so maybe that wasn't it. I'll look into it in more detail tonight when I'm home.

Pretty dang impressive fort too, considering everyone is walking around numb.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 12:29:21 pm »

Pretty dang impressive fort too, considering everyone is walking around numb.

One guy got an FB whose blood caused, in his words, "Peoples eyes to explode". It got tracked all over his fortress; after a while he used burrows to institute quarantine. The healthy minority walled themselves off, while the rest of the fort went about their day with rotting holes where their eyes should have been.

Expurgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 12:34:31 pm »

I did kill it outside ^^  I engage all FBs before they can get to my gates- most of them are easily 2-shotted at the moment anyway.  The problem is that to get the corpse to a garbage dump, it had to be carried through the fortress...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5