Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91026 times)

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 56: Ice Falls, Everyone Dies]
« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2011, 12:25:42 pm »

Possess HmH

Sure, I'll help you.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 20, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »

Good luck guys. We'll be over there, hiding.

Speaking of which, who was the one with the highest helpful to hurtful ratio? Which by saying, by adding up all the bad and good, who did the least worst?
Tarran. His grey, miscastless existence is a small price to pay for being highly succesful in tasks of more primitive nature, like killing enemies, surviving, and defending the party. Everybody else was jumping out of their skin to entertain the party, too, so Tarran's miscastless existence was relatively colorful.
Yeah, I do believe I never caused much direct or indirect harm to other party members. Go me!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #857 on: January 20, 2011, 04:02:05 pm »

I think the only time I inflicted one of the party members was using dwareet'k as a weapon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2011, 04:05:59 pm »

I think the only time I inflicted one of the party members was using dwareet'k as a weapon.
Yeeaaaahhhh... I still don't understand why you did that.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »

Yeeaaaahhhh... I still don't understand why you did that.
I've been reading too much TVtropes at the time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »

Turn 57: NO ESCAPE.

Quote from: Tarran
RUN AWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!
[2] vs [2] Your inept fumblings can't quite outpace the plant's inept graspings. You fail to escape.

Quote from: Paranatural
Strategic Retreat
[5] vs [4] You narrowly outpace the plant, and should be safe.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Cowardly running!
[3] vs [4] You fail to escape, despite your severe cowardice.

Quote from: iceball3
paint more sticky runes on the rock lizardthing.
[4] vs [5] You fail to rerune the lizardthing.

[3] It barely manages to wrench itself off the existing runes.

Quote from: HmH
The spirit screams for his brethren to get him out of this hellish husk, hopefully attracting some of the braver spirits.
[3][Luck 5] No new spirits are called, but the path is opened, and the being once known as Nathan gets a stir of consciousness.

Quote from: Ochita
My spirit will leave my body and help to inhabit HmHs body.
[6][Luck 6] YOU LIVE ONCE MORE! Well, not "live," and you don't have exclusive control over this body, and you're kind of stuck here... but still.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Possess HmH
[6][Luck 5] YOU LIVE ONCE MORE! Well, not "live," and you don't have exclusive control over this body, and you're probably stuck here... but at least when nobody else is using it, you don't seem to have any more trouble controlling this body than you did your own.

[2][Luck 6] Nathan fails to reawaken to any meaningful extent, but his vague consciousness takes over as the body's reflexes and instinct.

[6][Luck 3] Fre miraculously stabilizes, albeit very close to where the plant is crushing things.

[6] The ice-thing assaults Tarran. [2-1] vs [2-1] His acute senses seem to grant him greater defensive advantage, and he dodges despite being blind.

[5] The plant is once again enraged at everything.
"Nathan": [5-1] vs [1+1]
Sargoth: [5-1] vs [4+1]
Tarran: [2-1] vs [5+1]
Dwareet'ik: [6-1] vs [5+1]
Ice: [2-1] vs [4+1]

Sargoth and Dwareet'ik are lightly smacked by the thick, whipping vines, while the ice thing suffers a fair battering and looks near the edge. "Nathan" instinctively lashes out with his new claws, drawing scores across the plant's appendage, though this isn't very harmful.

Tarran, sadly, takes the full force of the plant's wrath, [1][Luck 3] and promptly collapses. A faint glow emanates briefly from his falling shell, as though his soul were being spirited to the realm of the gods in thanks for his service. Or to chew him out for failing.

(Resist 2) The plant continues its smoldering.

[1][Luck 1] Perhaps having expended their energy, the beanpod-things burst into strange goo. Bizarre.

Ochita, Flagrarus, a spirit summoned in a last-ditch effort by Dwareet'ik, and Nathan's vaguely aware instincts all find themselves in the same body. They will likely have to learn to share.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

I'll get a more useful series of descriptions in once everything's settled a bit more and I know for certain who's staying dead and whatnot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [NO ESCAPE.]
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:57 pm »

Bah, I give up. Just run away from the damn lizard thing and rest to heal.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2011, 10:11:34 pm »

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

Welp, it was coming to me anyway.

Unless someone plans to revive me, I'll sign up for the waiting list again.
Spoiler: New char (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »

You realize, of course, that this will only increase the name-screwups in both directions, right? :P

Which reminds me:

Primary: Mirrored Path (One cannot have shadows without light, there can be no light without shadows. I'm effectively taking both light and dark magic, but they cannot be advanced separetely, and can't be used completely separetely.)
Interesting. I'll allow it, but it likely won't be able to speak with/raise the dead on its own.

I'm using this game to ask "what if?" to Lischi.
 Did she meet the nice man with the funny robe and colorful shadows? Did she ask him a question?
I'm not sure what you mean.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

You realize, of course, that this will only increase the name-screwups in both directions, right? :P
Yeah, doesn't really matter to me though. And I'm also 90% sure everyone can differentiate Tarran from Tarren.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #865 on: January 20, 2011, 10:29:48 pm »

Yeah, doesn't really matter to me though. And I'm also 90% sure everyone can differentiate Tarran from Tarren.
90%? That's a bit high don'tcha think? I wouldn't think everyone would get all of the difference...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 20, 2011, 10:32:09 pm »

90%? That's a bit high don'tcha think? I wouldn't think everyone would get all of the difference...
Well, people get the 3 in your name right. Right?

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 20, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

Ochita, you can have the right half, and I'll take the left half. Nathan, you can borrow the head every once in a while.

Or maybe we should all just construct new bodies. Or maybe we should run away from the plant thing. Not my body, so not my call.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:39 pm »

Or maybe we should all just construct new bodies. Or maybe we should run away from the plant thing. Not my body, so not my call.
You should probably run.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #869 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »

Well, people get the 3 in your name right. Right?
Square it and it becomes ⑨?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 70