Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91016 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 55: Thou Shalt Not Pass]
« Reply #840 on: January 19, 2011, 06:43:08 pm »

Yeah, I figured we might. Which isn't so bad this round since I'm pretty sure he wants to keep trying what he's been trying.

Frelock's probably similarly indisposed, so turn whenever I get around to a turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 55: Thou Shalt Not Pass]
« Reply #841 on: January 19, 2011, 08:47:42 pm »

Turn 56: Ice Falls, Everyone Dies

Quote from: Dwarmin
I cure the blindness I caused, by making Tarrans eyesight SUPERNATURALLY ACUTE
[2-1][Luck 5] You completely blind him, which makes his other senses more acute.
+4 Spirit

Quote from: Tarran
Charge at the plant and hack and slash blindly and mercilessly.
[1+1][5][4-1] vs [3+2][1+2][6+2] You get off one good hit, but otherwise the plant mauls you as you blunder into it.
Take heavy damage, now heavily wounded. No longer bolstered.
+5 Swords

Quote from: iceball3
I rest up my wounds while whispering little things into the rock lizards ear to make it not hostile or something.
[6] vs [4] You make a slight amount of progress, but it's still mostly hostile. [4] It nearly frees itself from the rune.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Use my complete lack of Restoration skill to cast a weaker Breath of Life on myself that should allow me to stay alive for a few more turns.
[6-4][Luck 3] You somehow manage to avoid an undead-related catastrophe. Unfortunately your fizzling magic just encourages the beanpod-things around you, and you feel yourself being swallowed up.
+4 Restoration

Quote from: wolfchild
summon a beakon of life
[3][Luck 4] You summon a very small beacon of life. [3-1] It does nothing, simply floating there as though your friends don't need healing.
+3 Summoning

Quote from: Paranatural
Stone crush the plant.
[1][Luck 6] Attempting to finish the plant, you overextend yourself, and rather than crushing it between two slabs of stone, you generate an earthquake.
+3 Earth
Everyone gets -1 to everything.

Quote from: Ochita
Throw that water thing (frozen) at the plant. Afterwards drain all its life.
[2-2][Luck 6](Resist 5) Something goes horribly wrong, again. You attempt to hurl the water-ice thing at the plant, but the spell spirals out of control. It looks like it'll be completely torn asunder in the explosion, but manages to shunt the force to its outward tendrils instead.

The result, of course, is a shrapnel blast from hell. (Note: Order reversed in this one. Normally I go [Attacker] vs [Defender], but in this case it's the listed person's roll first.)
Plant: [6] vs [6]
Seymore: [3] vs [6]
Nathan: [3] vs [6]
Sargoth: [1] vs [4]
Ochita: [2] vs [6]
Fre: [3] vs [6]
Tarran: [5] vs [6]
Beanpods: [2] vs [6]
Dwareet'ik: [1] vs [1]

Nathan's Horror takes heavy damage but remains standing. Aided by his armor, Tarran takes only a bit of damage, while Sargoth is bloodied but standing. In true kobold fashion, Dwareet'ik narrowly scrambles out of the way, and the shrapnel narrowly misses the plant monster's writhing tendrils.

Seymore and Ochita are slain by the brutal onslaught, however, and Fre collapses, barely conscious.

Seymore, Summoner has been slain!
Ochita, Water Mage has been destroyed!

Quote from: HmH
The spirit that was lying dormant inside of me suddenly transcends its sloth in the blaze of glory and fills my mindlessness with itself.
If it succeeds, I hide behind the wall with everyone and open a fiery vortex under the Ice Warrior.
[2][Luck 4] The spirit doesn't want this shell! However, its complaining causes the ravening horror to pause and consider, which is a step up from mindlessness.

Quote from: Auto-RNG
[1][Luck 2] You successfully find a demonic ambush. The four-armed demon in charge has vaguely similar skin to the one you killed earlier, but is rather muscular and broad, even squat, with a wide grinning mouth and blank eyes. It cackles and taunts you.

"So, wandered into our trap, have you? You'll make a fine prize, of that you can be sure!"

Five soldier demons charge you, coming from the front and sides. The leader is standing on a tall rock and seems rather pleased with itself.

[4] The ice thing recovers from taking such damage and assaults the nearest living thing; [Tarran] Tarran. [6-1] vs [4+1-1] It smacks him with its body, having lost its pointy bits. Tarran takes only minor damage.

[3] The plant continues its rampage.
Sargoth: [5-1] vs [1+1]
Ice-Thing: [6-1] vs [1+1]
Beacon: [6-1] vs [1+1]

It completely misses Sargoth, gets lightly thwapped by the ice-blob, and takes a small but utterly nondamaging shock from the beacon of life.

[5][Luck 2] The beanpods finally hatch into shambling beanpod-men. Unfortunately they're rather malformed and stunted, and so just sort of shamble around. [2][Luck 4] Flagro's spirit fails to really do anything; it's neither fully departed nor a beanpod-thing.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwareet'ik (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Well. This is looking grim. Do remember that the earthquake is still in effect.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 56: Ice Falls, Everyone Dies]
« Reply #842 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:08 pm »

Okay, this is going badly.

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! ver 2.0 is in effect.

RUN AWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!

I'd recommend the rest of you guys that are still alive do the same.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:58:39 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »

iceball and RNG are far away, so no worries there. No help either, but so it goes.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:58 pm »

iceball and RNG are far away, so no worries there. No help either, but so it goes.
Edited my action then. It's much, much more simple now.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 19, 2011, 09:17:36 pm »

Agreed.

Strategic Retreat
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 19, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

Cowardly running!

EDIT: Can we get inactive players to make a er...brave holding action? :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:22:52 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:09 pm »

well, it looks like it wasnt me that killed people, can i ge back in the waiting list i will wright a new character when i am close to gettign in
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #848 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:53 pm »

paint more sticky runes on the rock lizardthing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 19, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »

The only inactive players are unconscious or far away.

well, it looks like it wasnt me that killed people, can i ge back in the waiting list i will wright a new character when i am close to gettign in
Well, you were involved in killing everyone...

But yes, you can get back on the waiting list.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 20, 2011, 02:20:26 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm using this game to ask "what if?" to Lischi.
 Did she meet the nice man with the funny robe and colorful shadows? Did she ask him a question?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 20, 2011, 06:34:48 am »

The only inactive players are unconscious or far away.

Well, you were involved in killing everyone...

But yes, you can get back on the waiting list.
So, now I'm gone for good? Great.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #852 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:15 am »

Speaking of which, who was the one with the highest helpful to hurtful ratio? Which by saying, by adding up all the bad and good, who did the least worst?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 20, 2011, 10:45:45 am »

Speaking of which, who was the one with the highest helpful to hurtful ratio? Which by saying, by adding up all the bad and good, who did the least worst?
Tarran. His grey, miscastless existence is a small price to pay for being highly succesful in tasks of more primitive nature, like killing enemies, surviving, and defending the party. Everybody else was jumping out of their skin to entertain the party, too, so Tarran's miscastless existence was relatively colorful.

The spirit screams for his brethren to get him out of this hellish husk, hopefully attracting some of the braver spirits. You don't get to possess an absolutely mindless body every day, so this must seem like a great opportunity to them.
If I manage to gain sentience, I try to finish the plant off with a Fiery Detonate.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:16 am »

WEll If I somehow manage to get to do something.

My spirit will leave my body and help to inhabit HmHs body.

Of course this is grabbing at air. I fully expect this to not work.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 70