Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 215919 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Bronze Colossus \/S Jesus
« Reply #1605 on: July 17, 2010, 12:56:33 am »

There's no way he'll beat contenders like Godzilla or Edward Elric in a tier or two.

But also relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wezK5DreLw

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: July 17, 2010, 12:59:44 am »

Quite frankly I think that he would have no problem with ether of those.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 17, 2010, 01:04:38 am »

According to their respective literatures, Jesus and Edward can both transmute matter from one state or form to another, return life to the dead, and generally break the laws of the universe. I'd pay to see that fight.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: July 17, 2010, 01:07:03 am »

And if the Godzilla is the American one... well, it'd be Jesus, no contest.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:30 am »

Whats Jesus gonna do against Godzilla? Theres half a dozen ways for Godzilla to smack Jesus.

What would your reasons be? I don't see much of a difference between the american version vs the classic japanese one besides appearance, and possibly the invulnerability factor (not too sure about that one).

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:08 am »

This version of Jesus is apparently the Jesus with magic superpowers. He'd just laser Godzilla from space or something.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:53 am »

This version of Jesus is apparently the Jesus with magic superpowers. He'd just laser Godzilla from space or something.

I detect a hurt here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: July 17, 2010, 01:12:44 am »

Godzilla shoots radioactive lasers, so a laser isn't going to hurt him.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: July 17, 2010, 01:14:40 am »

What would your reasons be? I don't see much of a difference between the american version vs the classic japanese one besides appearance, and possibly the invulnerability factor (not too sure about that one).

Size and powers, dude. American Godzilla was a lot smaller and lacked a breath weapon - plus the fact that he was taken down by mundane missiles, whereas the first Japanese Godzilla required a weapon so powerful and horrifying that the guy who created it committed suicide rather than have it fall into the wrong hands (and that weapon still turned into the Godzilla-killing monstrosity we call Destoroyah, so it was kind of a wasted effort).

American Godzilla is just a really big animal; hell, half the other contestants in this contest could take it down. Even Curly Brace has taken down worse things (i.e. Ballos WIZARD SATAN).

If we're going with Burning Godzilla, well, no one else in the contest stands a chance.

EDIT:

Godzilla shoots radioactive lasers, so a laser isn't going to hurt him.

You're wrong there.

The laser wouldn't hurt him because he's Godzilla (unless it's the American one, as I've said).
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: July 17, 2010, 01:18:01 am »

Well okay, I'll make that the Japanese godzilla, he has far more movies and battles to his title anyway.

Burning Godzilla? Don't think I've heard of that one.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: July 17, 2010, 01:24:23 am »

I detect a hurt here.
Eh?

Anyway, Jesus would just summon the Oxygen Destroyer and kill him, then. Or simply wipe him from existence. He's God, he's omnipotent; he literally can do anything.

Nevertheless, Toony has said it's not a fight to the death. It's a popularity contest. So really, speculation is difficult. How do you know what lurks in the minds of other forumgoers, short of asking them?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: July 17, 2010, 01:28:27 am »

Let me make things a bit more clear.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: July 17, 2010, 01:32:36 am »

It's all about the rule of cool, not about an actual practical straight fight. I mean, Ozymandias, an obscure and little-remembered neolithic king somehow managed to take out a giant fighting anime mecha.

So yes, on to the important and serious matter of the Ultimate Showdown: A vote for a Bronze Colossus is a vote for the Greco-Romans Terrorists. Don't sell your soul to the Megabeast; vote Jesus, and be saved from Bronze Colossus's inevitable and uninteresting defeat against whoever he'd be facing next round.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 17, 2010, 01:50:24 am »

Well okay, I'll make that the Japanese godzilla, he has far more movies and battles to his title anyway.

Burning Godzilla? Don't think I've heard of that one.

Think Godzilla. Except on fire. And constantly leaking radioactive magma blood. And with a ridiculously overpowered atomic breath weapon. Of death.

Or we could go with the 70's Godzilla. He knew Kung Fu.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: July 17, 2010, 01:53:36 am »

I detect a hurt here.
Eh?

Your words seems a subtle way of saying that the Jesus supporters are being unfair in adding little known powers and that they are playing the "He is Jesus so he wins" card. Maybe I am reading to much into what you say.

How do you know what lurks in the minds of other forumgoers, short of asking them?

Read their minds maybe? Rude but still.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 292